N-Europe

Wii Online - June 25th

Charlie

In a recent interview with Nintendo's Senior Director of Public Relations Beth Llewelyn, the company executive released the final dates for Wii's Q2 line-up, simultaneously confirming the date Nintendo loyals will finally have a chance to get online for some friendly Wii competition.

As expected, the first game to show off Wii's online functionality will be Pokemon Battle Revolution. One of Nintendo's top franchises, Pokemon was given the chance to lead Japanese Wii gamers into the age of online during the system's release last November, and US fans can now expect the same introduction on June 25.

Nintendo is taking the stadium online on June 25th.

Pairing with the Nintendo DS hardware and a copy of either Pokemon Diamond or Pokemon Pearl (DS), Battle Revolution uses the DS-to-Wii connectivity as a touch-enabled controller, bringing your trained pocket monsters to the big screen, and online. In addition, Pokemon Battle Revolution offers a more robust online mode, allowing the ability to battle with non-friends online through leaderboards, in addition to the classic friend-vs-friend play on DS.

With Pokemon Battle Revolution paving the way just four months from now, Wii gamers can expect the previously announced lot of online-enabled games (such as Mario Strikers and Battalion Wars) to follow shortly after. We'll have more on Nintendo's online plan, as well as future Wi-Fi enabled games as news develops.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/771/771336p1.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Pokemon game is in its own class. Its always been an obscurity. Its not a typical online game for a typical audience. e.g. people bought GBA for pokemon alone. Its a strong enough franchise to exist in isolation.

So i think Pokemon is a separate online release. The real integrated online system will launch with all the good games later.

However, there is a 33.3 reoccurring chance that nintendo will screw us (again)

If Nintendo screws us over, again, then I'm gonna say 'Fuck You' and sell my Wii, the 'revolutionary' controls have yet to prove why I should use them over traditional ones, the graphics clearly don't have anything over the Xbox and if the online sucks, then why should I play the Wii?

The competition is starting to look mighty tasty.

The same system as the DS would be fine.

You're right can't wait to put these in my sig:

SSBB: 10293047495760677807686

BWii: 01930475858393047856969

Strikers: 74969382084489493899389

Mario Kart Wii: 9579870973057457237509853

ACWii: 84984309707579850803808

Star Fox: 9507982759280358093285

FFCC: 947023409672597039802

And then I can't wait to play without any Microphone options and league tables.

jeez McMad you're always so fucking extreme it's annoying. I don't want the Wii online system to be the same as DS, but it's not like I'll die or the games will start to suck because of that. Grow up. If you expect an online system as good as Live, give up now, sell your Wii and shut the hell up.

For Pokémon, though, it works more than fine, I've played it online (the Jap version) and it works perfectly.

Whoops, I've spoken out a bit too much, better not say anymore or I'll be gang raped by the fan-... whoops I forgot, not allowed to say that.

Anyway Hellfire, how dare I want a good online service but I guess forgot how much fun it is to enter all the codes of my best buddies from every one of their games so I can have a good time.

How many people still actively play online DS games?

Probably far less than 100 000, why? Because the accessability of it sucks.

If Nintendo takes the same approach again then once again the service be a failure.

How many people still actively play online DS games?

I don't. But then I don't play PC games online, so it's nothing to do with accessibility. It's more because online games imo suck as a whole.

Online gaming is without a doubt the future imo. It's so much more fun than... well, anything that's come before. That's why the 360 is played every night with friends whilst my Wii collects dust. I really hope Nintendo do create a good online system. Because a hell of a lot of people want it. And I want to play Mario Kart with my friends all over the world and be able to talk to them.

It's not that much to ask for.

Yeah, shame I can't hear pre-pubscent teenager scream on his mic. Shame really. :)

EDIT: As you probably can guess, I don't really like voice chat :)

No one's forcing you to use it but its a great thing and selling point for people who do want it.