N-Europe

One of Spores developers says "The Wii is a Piece of Sh*t!"

Dante

I guess this guy considered that it was more important to get his pay check from Maxis/EA than being just another unemployed fanboy speaking his mind (like the rest of the lot).

I really didn't mind his opinions. God knows we Ninty gamers have had our share of fanboys bashing our consoles of choice. It's like a fact of life for many of us. So it was fine by me.... it's not like Kojima, Suda 51 or somebody or relevance (somebody that made games I wanted to play) had said those words.

Oh well... another crushed ego. :awesome:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ****. It's one thing gobbing off, it's another thing having to apologise like a naughty little child! HAHA

So he has an opinion, but ffs stick to your guns lad lol

All he had to say was "when I gave my talk it did not represent the views of Maxis and EA"

Thats all, and he even made a mistake in the apology, "Nintendo are very passionate about making games"

Brain age, brain academy, nintendogs,, etc.- they aren't games though.

They

Thats all, and he even made a mistake in the apology, "Nintendo are very passionate about making games"

Brain age, brain academy, nintendogs,, etc.- they aren't games though.

This is what you said ^^ Which is saying, that in your (retarded) opinion Nintendo arent passionate about making games. This is quite possible (And Im being deadly serious) the most stupid thing Ive heard this year. They are amazingly passionate...they ONLY make games...whereas Microsoft and Sony primarily are known for their other properties.

No they make good brain age software, and other software like that but it ain't games

A) They are games...just unusual genre.

B) You're saying that Nintendo dont make good non-quiz type games....Wow I cant even begin to tell you whats wrong with that.

They aren't new genres of games though. Firstly Brain Age is neith a puzzle game or a quiz type game. Its a new genre of software application. Just like if they brought out mario paint its not a new game its a software application.

It's a puzzle game, just not an ordinary one. Just like Nintendogs is a simulation game, like The Sims.

They aren't new genres of games though. Firstly Brain Age is neith a puzzle game or a quiz type game. Its a new genre of software application. Just like if they brought out mario paint its not a new game its a software application.

Dude....do you get fucking kicks out of arguing? No one here is saying they are new genre of games!

Seriously...dude...you dont even know what you're arguing/talking about, so just drop it.

Dude....do you get fucking kicks out of arguing? No one here is saying they are new genre of games!

Seriously...dude...you dont even know what you're arguing/talking about, so just drop it.

you did mate you said brain age is an new genre of games.

The defination of a video game out of a dictionary:

A video game (or videogame) is a game that typically involves user/player interaction with a controller interface to generate visual feedback on a video screen. It also generally has some system of reward presented to the user in return for meeting certain accomplishments within the framework of a given ruleset.

Tell me this then the bold piece above how does brain age get classed as a video game when its lacking one important component of it.

...Hmmm. Can you point out where I said this...I cant find it.

Tell me this then the bold piece above how does brain age get classed as a video game when its lacking one important component of it.

Its a game. End of. Dont be a prick.

A) They are games...just unusual genre.

B) You're saying that Nintendo dont make good non-quiz type games....Wow I cant even begin to tell you whats wrong with that.

Thats where you said it

.....Im sorry, Ive been very ignorant. I assumed you knew the difference between the words "new" and "unusual"

My mistake.

Edit: You are a cock.

ok Zeldafreak .. please understand that at first ... crap games will be made to meet the launch, to make a decent game takes ALOT of time... 2years on average... the Wii is about 5 months Old with Dev kits 3 months be4 to main companies .. lets wait and see how Super Smash Bros Brawl turns out.. looks like that will be in dev for 2 years

reward presented to the user in return for meeting certain accomplishments within the framework of a given ruleset.

Well, you clearly haven't plaed Brain Training then. Because Brain Training has that.

Yeah and Nindendogs I played 1 hour a day for about a week then I found it to be absolutely boring

It didn't even last one hour for me. But I still class it as a good game.

Title edit please. :p

Remember Maxis developer Chris Hecker calling the Wii a "piece of shit"? He has an apology for you.

I don't know who has read the internet, yesterday. In a [unintelligible] panel I said a bunch of things. I was trying to be thought provoking and entertaining and fun and a lot of the stuff went too far over the top—on the entertaining and fun side, so that it was no longer thought provoking, just inflammatory. And in the process I hurt a bunch of people I care about. And so, I want to apologize now.

When I'm on stage, I'm me. I'm talking talk from me. From me. I'm not representing EA or Maxis.

I want to make two things perfectly clear.

I do not think the Wii is a piece of shit. Nintendo needs to be applauded for trying to interface on the controller front, the user interface front, on making games accessible, on making a console that you don't need to mortgage your house to afford.

Secondly, it's totally obvious—and I'm sorry that I implied otherwise—that everyone at Nintendo is passionate at making great games. Some of the games give me hope that we will be seen as an art form on par with movies and books.

Whether or not he was made to apologize by his bosses isn't clear, but it's a good gesture nonetheless.

That's a pretty lame thing to say. I mean, yeah, his wording is strong, but if you really think its crap at least don't come crawling back with 'Nintendo should be applauded' blabla. We have Reggie and Perrin for that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
game (geim) 1. n. any playful activity for amusement or diversion
Tell me' date=' do you think something like Tetris, one of the pinnacles of game design, is a [i']software application[/i]? What is your definition of a game?

That's a pretty lame thing to say. I mean, yeah, his wording is strong, but if you really think its crap at least don't come crawling back with 'Nintendo should be applauded' blabla. We have Reggie and Perrin for that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Tell me, do you think something like Tetris, one of the pinnacles of game design, is a software application? What is your definition of a game?

A video game is a piece of software that typically involves user/player interaction with a controller interface to generate visual feedback on a video screen. It also generally has some system of reward presented to the user in return for meeting certain accomplishments within the framework of a given ruleset

Theres my definition of a videogame. And yes I think tetris does have very good games design. Its not simply a software application becuase you have a score which you have to try and beat with each level becoming slightly more difficult.