NEurope
Stocka

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

Raven you are a legend for mentioning Illusion of Time. I loved that game and still do in all fairness. I will always remember that fishing part and the snobby princess and her Pig. Least the pig got what was coming to him hehe.

For me an RPG is always about the slightly generic story anyway. It isn't an RPG if you aren't saving the world from some new hate-born madman.

cant say as i agree.

=ff6 i played a long time ago. but i didnt grow attached to characters, otherwise im sure id remember what happened!!!

=ff7 was good, but i didnt grow attached,

=ff8 i couldnt get into at all.

=ff9 i really liked. and grew attachments

=ffX silly

=ffX2 harlots

FF games do deliver when it comes to gameplay, i'll give them that. they are awesome games, but the character attachment isnt there.

try playing a game like 'illusion of time' on the snes. i will always have memories (and so does my mum, and that was about 10 years ago) of me on a raft, trying to catch a damn fish for the snobby princess! or the disbelief of when one of the main characters best friends is eaten, and turned into a giant fish!

but then again, this is just my opinion :grin:

im sure that people get attached to different characters for different reasons... probably deeply psychological being able to feel for a characters situation for whatever reason.

FF6 - Never really played it through to the end so I can't say

FF7 - The atmosphere really helped me grow attached to the characters, although I was kinda relieved when Aeris died... she was a bit rubbish on the battlefield.

FF8 - THE BEST FF FOR ATTACHMENT TO CHARACTERS. The way the characters change throughout the game was just absorbing, there was always a strong attachment to the cast, especially Squall and Seifer.

FF9 - I really enjoyed it and loved it all the way through. Brilliant story.

FFX - You are right, it was a bit silly, I hated Tidus, the only character I felt for was Wakka.

FFX2 - We do not speak of the unholy one.

I do agree with a lot of your points. Some characters I loved and some I despised. Like bloody Red XIII. I guess it is a matter of taste, but I just can't see how anyone can be attached to people like Collette and Genis *shudders*.

Collette was as annoying as Tidus! Everything you said about FF8 is very true. I played this when I was a broody teen so I totally connected with Squalls character which is probably why its my favourite FF game.

I played FF6 all the way through and I dont see what all the fuss was about. People on Gamefaqs always debate whats better FF6 or FF7. Both are overrated IMO.

but I just can't see how anyone can be attached to people like Collette and Genis *shudders*.

Well Collette is like the girl next door who makes a great friend that you care for but not "that much".

Genis is a bit annoying but he's like the little sidekick who's a bit too kind for his own good a needs to be taught to toughen up more.

Reine, Regal and Kratos are like mentors all in their own why for different reasons, plus Kratos kicks ass and Regal is just a nutter for wanting to fight with only his legs and keep his hands handcuffed.

Persea is the mysterious little girl that you just know something bad has happened to her, and you wanna find out what that was and you wanna help her find her "soul" again.... not long after she was first introduced i actually thought they might be planning a "child abuse story", but they didn't

Zelos is the annoying ladies man, you either love him or hate him, I hated him but i still felt sad when you choose that path where "that thing" happens.

And Sheena, well she's just HOT: peace: :indeed:

BTW, did anyone listen to R-E's latest podcast? I mention TOS quite a bit due to the fact i'm playing it again so its fresh in my head and used it a lot in comparisons, in fact there was still a bit more that got cut out to shorten the time :heh:

I listened to a bit of it. One of you guys I couldnt make out at all it was as if whoever it was was mumbling and speaking to close to the mic, then again it could just be the accent :grin:

I wish I could find my illusion of time, I lost it in the move.

Bought the game yesterday and I'm absolutely loving it. I just beat the water seal dungeon.

Bought the game yesterday and I'm absolutely loving it. I just beat the water seal dungeon.

Congrats on getting the game. I know you will enjoy it. Its nice to see people still picking this gem up, whats also suprsing is how many people go though the game multiple times.

Regal is just a nutter for wanting to fight with only his legs and keep his hands handcuffed.

I don't know why but that really made me laugh.

Raine was much hotter than Sheena.

Zelos > Kratos.

Raven you are a legend for mentioning Illusion of Time. I loved that game and still do in all fairness. I will always remember that fishing part and the snobby princess and her Pig. Least the pig got what was coming to him hehe.

thats nice :P i havent been called a legend for at least 3 hrs now...

Shame they toned Zelos down for the Euro and States releases. Apparently Zelos is like that every two seconds in the Japanese original.

I wouldn't mind owning the symphonia collectors edition, simply just for the fight against.

Kratos, Remiel and Yggdrassil.

They can be quite tough on their own, but together with all their special techs, it has to be a great fight.

I don't know why but that really made me laugh.

Raine was much hotter than Sheena.

Zelos > Kratos.

Sheena was way hotter than Raine IMO, Im all about the chest! As for Zelos, he was cool but Kratos was in a league of his own. Im also a fan of Regal, at first I didnt like him but as the game moves along you ind out he is quite a deep character.

i loved the sceen when you first get to meltokio also the sceen when your about to enter the sewer.

Sheena was way hotter than Raine IMO, Im all about the chest! As for Zelos, he was cool but Kratos was in a league of his own. Im also a fan of Regal, at first I didnt like him but as the game moves along you ind out he is quite a deep character.

Chest or no chest, she was your teacher for christs sake. I liked Kratos more when you didn't know who he was.

I just beat it. Beautiful game. Although "more than 80 hours gameplay" on the back of the box was a filthy lie. I got about 40 hours, but I suppose it meant 80 hours with all the sidequests and stuff included. Nonetheless a good game.

Kratos > Zelos

80 hours was a very bold claim. I found it to be a lot shorter than other rpgs. And there wern't that many decent sidequests unfortunately. Who actually cared about getting different costumes?

80 hours was a very weird comment to put. I completed it 3 times, totalling 79 hours in total, and that includes completing the Sybak Dungeon (the hardest thing ever!), all the Sword Dancers and Abyssion (Took me 45mins on mania mode lol).

Well my total play time currently stands at 170 hours, but thats because I'm going for 100% complete.

I recently brought TOS a couple of weeks ago, and i'm at least half way through the game, and iv only seen about 1 anime cutscene. Is that normal? or have I accidently turned the cutscenes off?

I recently brought TOS a couple of weeks ago, and i'm at least half way through the game, and iv only seen about 1 anime cutscene. Is that normal? or have I accidently turned the cutscenes off?

thats normal. there isnt too many scenes until about the second disc

In the entire game, there's only a couple of anime cut scenes. This really annoyed me but it didn't really matter because it was such an awesome game!

Yeah the lack of the anime cutscenes peeved me a bit too... and then the ending one wasnt all that long anyway! But the game was a great experience so that made up for it - and the normal cutscenes with ingame graphics had plenty of charm to them anyway!