NEurope
Stocka

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

Ah yes i forgot Genis got his exsphere from Marble... i wonder if maybe they might skip everyone having an exsphere, and make Lloyd's unique, i just took a look back and couldn't see any indication of an exsphere on both Kratos and Forcystus.

That would be a huge let down if they do, the whole mass production of exspheres was a major story arc in the games and provided a lot of moral questions about the meaning/value of life in it's different forms.

(In terms of the game, Raine got hers after Lloyd was captured by the Renegades, it was embedded in the staff of the boss character of the level (damn forgot the name... i feel so ashamed))

Said person is Botta (sp). But the way it seems they are cutting alot of some of the integral parts of the story, it really means they are getting every seconds worth. I really think this will end in tears, as I can't see how they can fit much of the story in to the remaining 3 OVA's. But they'll pull it off somehow. I just want to see:

Lloyd vs. Kratos, I hope they do that fight at least.

Hmm. All this spoiler talk makes me want to play this game again (before my package from Yesasia arrives :P, I was worried for a moment, when when my order wasn't shipped yet on release date, but it has now). And I just got my Wii for about a week! Geez, so little money for new games I want to buy, but I already have games I didn't finish yet or haven't even started yet. I wish I didn't like sleep so much, or I would skip that to play more games :roll:.

I wish I didn't like sleep so much, or I would skip that to play more games :roll:.

haha, that reminds me of when i first got TOS, and i did skip sleep, i stayed up all night going "i'll just do this next part then go to bed" then something else happened i would go "i'll just do this next part".

Before i knew it the sun was up and i finished the game.

Never done that with any game before even OOT, that's why i love TOS so much

Apologies if what I'm about to say makes me sound like an ignoramous, but you guys do know that ToS has already got a sequel-of-sorts, right?

Hold on, I'll find a link.

Yep, apparantly this is set 4000 years after:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Phantasia

It mentions the ties between the games here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Symphonia

Not a direct sequel, I admit, but better than nothing.

Apologies if what I'm about to say makes me sound like an ignoramous, but you guys do know that ToS has already got a sequel-of-sorts, right?

Hold on, I'll find a link.

Yep, apparantly this is set 4000 years after:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Phantasia

It mentions the ties between the games here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Symphonia

Not a direct sequel, I admit, but better than nothing.

Ah yeah but ToP was out way back in the days of the SNES so technically ToS would be it's prequal.

But when people hear talk about wanting a ToS sequal i think it's more of a direct sequal with the same characters, i know that's what i want anyway :heh:

But i've not played ToP yet so i'm hoping we might one day get lucky and it'll appear on the VC.

Ah yeah but ToP was out way back in the days of the SNES so technically ToS would be it's prequal.

But when people hear talk about wanting a ToS sequal i think it's more of a direct sequal with the same characters, i know that's what i want anyway :heh:

But i've not played ToP yet so i'm hoping we might one day get lucky and it'll appear on the VC.

this is highly unlikely because the snes version was never translated into english officially.

the only english version on a nintendo system was the gba release last year

and the gba version was so slow during battles that it made certain areas impossible to beat unless you got lucky and didn't run into certain enemies.

Well one thing I would like to see is prequel to tos (Based on Mithos, Martel, Kratos and Yuan). Maybe even call that sword of symphonia. And sorry Dark spine, but those facts were already established in this thread many moons ago. Played Top the bad way (zsnes) But never finished it because my saved file vanished twice, so I just gave up in the end.

Played Top the bad way (zsnes) But never finished it because my saved file vanished twice, so I just gave up in the end.
Where were you at the time?

I think I could share some save states I have laying around.

I was in the bit where you go to the fire temple. You go across on that boat, fight some girl who isn't supposed to be evil. Go through this desert with some rather annoying enemies, and the fire temple is in a volcano or something.

I was in the bit where you go to the fire temple. You go across on that boat, fight some girl who isn't supposed to be evil. Go through this desert with some rather annoying enemies, and the fire temple is in a volcano or something.
Oh!

Arche gets drunk and Klarth gets all friendly with adventurer Meia with whom Cless ends up fighting?

Here you go:

-> top_savestate.zip (right click, save as)

first save is in the boat... then the other two saves are the places you visit afterwards... If none of them fills the description... I have the following saves too (I downloaded them all, I don't remember from though).

"Fire Temple" and Ifrit kinda clicks for me, thing is... that one save comes after Gnome and Undine (in the save's order), so I don't know if that's the particular order of the thing or if you can just make them without a specific order (It's been a while, so I don't recall it 100%)

Gnome is in the mines and has some levels resembling a volcano though, could be that.

In any case, if you didn't complete that dungeon, and it isn't any of the ones in the save... I'd say... start from the boat again, it can't do harm :p

That's still early in the game too. :)

Oh!

Arche gets drunk and Klarth gets all friendly with adventurer Meia with whom Cless ends up fighting?

Here you go:

-> top_savestate.zip (right click, save as)

first save is in the boat... then the other two saves are the places you visit afterwards... If none of them fills the description... I have the following saves too (I downloaded them all, I don't remember from though).

"Fire Temple" and Ifrit kinda clicks for me, thing is... that one save comes after Gnome and Undine (in the save's order), so I don't know if that's the particular order of the thing or if you can just make them without a specific order (It's been a while, so I don't recall it 100%)

Gnome is in the mines and has some levels resembling a volcano though, could be that.

In any case, if you didn't complete that dungeon, and it isn't any of the ones in the save... I'd say... start from the boat again, it can't do harm :p

That's still early in the game too. :)

i only got to dahos (sp) castle in the past. i think the sceen in the spoiler tag was comparable to the first time you go to meltokio in tos

And sorry Dark spine, but those facts were already established in this thread many moons ago.

Oh fook, thought so.:mad:

Took a chance, as I didn't really want to scroll through those pages.

Mokong, how could you forget Botta? His speech whilst escaping from the mana cannon always gets me.

Mokong, how could you forget Botta? His speech whilst escaping from the mana cannon always gets me.

I know, i'm scratching my head as to how the hell the name slipped out of my head:wtf:

Beats me. I don't think so.

Is it me, or is the summon spirit battle music the best god-darn track in the game!? I play through every now and then just to hear it.: peace:

Which one fighting of the spirit or fatalize. They both rock in my book. I also quite like Raine, Kratos and Regal's themes, think they did a great job on the soundtrack. And no Yuan doesn't have a mustache. But Botta does have big fuzzy hair, and a beard so that might be why your confused.

shite, i'm gunna have to start this from scratch soon and waste my 25 hour save file :cry:

As we all know the tos ova will be out tomorrow. However I won't be around to post info about where you can download it from or torrents, or even when it becomes available on youtube. Therefore I thought it would be nice if everyone could pitch in to collate this information in my absence. Apart from that have a great rest of the week peeps.