NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

Just got the email from hmv saying it's sent. Noice.

I also got the email from HMV, and it is Special delivery which is the next working day... They don't even charge you for the privilege. I'm a bit dubious considering R* want it under wraps until the 29th. I guess us HMV people will see tomorrow. 1000 microsoft points and vouchers too, awesome :)

I was gonna be so fucking furious, I went into GAME like two months ago to pre-order this. So I went in today to make sure I was guarenteed for launch and the guy said to me "Do you have your pre-order slip?" I was like "No, I didnt get one" and like "Can you check my card" (more of a tell not ask) and he was like "No you need a pre-order slip"...I was like.....Errrrrrr "I wasnt given one" and he kinda insinuated that I was or should of been I was like "No I pre-ordered about two months ago, and definitely definitely didnt get a slip but he swiped my card" and he basically said theres no other way to tell blah. I was FUCKING furious.

Youre pre-order slip is your receipt. If he didn't give it to you it's his mistake, but if you remember the date, time (circa time) and till number he can search and find it. But as long as you don't have the pre-order slip he doesn't have to help you.

Still ridiculous and Im complaining. I dont make a note of when I pre-ordered so I cant tell the date.

Anyway, so you folks getting it tomorrow are you going to play it online?

read this on another forum!

The owner of ShopTo has spoken to Take2 today who assures him NO ONLINE store has or plan to ship before Monday..

Yep thats beacuse they have all been made to sign agreements to say they wont ship the game out till monday.. and i assume thats why HMV said there giving everyone Special delivery for free becuase thats the only way they know that your gonna get your game on launch as they promised

ReZ: Tell them to look in the pre-order book. Your name and some details (like phone number) should be in there.

Its kind of good that HMV will have thier profit margins munched a fair chunk. (Bit of an evil company in my eyes)

I'm not being a fanboy, I'm saying your position is undefendable: the 360 version will be better. that's solid fact. This is a studio with near mythical attention to detail- there's no way the DLC will be anything but complimentry to the experience.

If the PS3 was getting the same deal, I'd be in support of that, but the fact remains that rez's mate could buy either, and the 360 has the better options. I'm also including Live! in that statement, because it's far better than PSN.

Yes but I am still saying that DLC does not make a game, yes it adds to it but it does not make the game. As for Live VS PSN..if GTA follows the current trend and simply imports your friend list into the game then thats the same and XMB in game is just round the corner making comms in game possible.

Its kind of good that HMV will have thier profit margins munched a fair chunk. (Bit of an evil company in my eyes)

they are evil...I used to work for them...

Well places must be getting there deliveries sent in now. Was in ASDA before and they had the PS3 copies in, they were security tagging them (not for sale like, behind counter). Maybe someone somewhere may sneak one out early then....

Ehh? HMVs have shipped? Damn, wish I'd ordered from them.

Wait does that mean Jordan has to eat his metaphorical hat?

Well places must be getting there deliveries sent in now. Was in ASDA before and they had the PS3 copies in, they were security tagging them (not for sale like, behind counter). Maybe someone somewhere may sneak one out early then....

nah doesn't happen in big stores. we used to get stuff like that in early all the time...

nobody is sure they are sending today. Some say it won't be till monday thats why they sending via special delivery for free.

it was in response to me though, who has ordered from Game, so he could wriggle out of it based on that. Having said that I still say eat it...

someone on the avforums posted this:

quote:

I have just spoken to a staff member at HMV at lunch time and he said that even though the game shows as shipped it is actually still in their distribution centre and will not be picked up by the royal mail until Sunday.

Well that's superb.

I just want my hands on the game ='(

Ah that's a shame HMV haven't really shipped. Even though I haven't ordered from them, and I would've been jealous, some early reactions from some N-E forumites would've been interesting :)

Ah that's a shame HMV haven't really shipped. Even though I haven't ordered from them, and I would've been jealous, some early reactions from some N-E forumites would've been interesting :)

Im getting it tomorrow unless "theres an act of God"

Don't believe in God. :)

My TV just died >_> I'm glad it happened now and not in five days. I'll go and buy one of the modern ones on Saturday.

My TV just died >_> I'm glad it happened now and not in five days. I'll go and buy one of the modern ones on Saturday.

Aaaahhhh dont buy from a shop youll just get ripped off.. the interwebs is the way

A lot of people are getting this email from HMV saying its in the post, we will most likely see if its true tomorrow but most people are now thinking that its just picked, packed and in their sacks waiting to be picked up by Royal Mail on Monday.

This of course would usually be picked up that day so thats why they'd send out the despatch email.

I hope its wrong though and people do get it tomorrow.

You're not the only one Rez.

fxhdfhqf6.jpg

(Sorry it's huge)

Yes, as you can image i'm abit pissed off, as i pre-ordered well before the little note appeared about being sold out. I suppose it serves me right by ordering with ASDA.

Plan B: Urrrrrm, go to Tesco at like 2am?

Complain complain complain. Although its not their fault specifically (like in my case) I reckon you could still squeeze some vouchers out of them.

But yeah super infuriating.