N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the hook of 'it's going to be better, more people will have it and the online functions will actually be sensible' doesn't work? lost cause, methinks.

Probably a lost cause. Hes my best mate and I just wanna be able to play it with him because I know we'd have more of a laugh than with his Bro and some supposed friends (who he probably never speaks to)

Probably a lost cause. Hes my best mate and I just wanna be able to play it with him because I know we'd have more of a laugh than with his Bro and some supposed friends (who he probably never speaks to)

When you are having the time of your life playing online with your N-E friends and getting the exclusive DLC some months later He'll be sorry for buying the PS3 version.

Sure He will play through the single player before you, but that's only cause you'll have so much fun playing online with us ;)

when all's said and done though, the 360 version will have more to do, making it better.

no...

The DLC could be crap...so just by the fact its more to do, does make it better...to be honest the game is huge anyway and when the DLC comes out there will be a ton of other things out to play, you won't see me losing sleep over it, yet sadly you will still see 360 fanboys using it as ammo.

Guest Stefkov
no...

The DLC could be crap...so just by the fact its more to do, does make it better...to be honest the game is huge anyway and when the DLC comes out there will be a ton of other things out to play, you won't see me losing sleep over it, yet sadly you will still see 360 fanboys using it as ammo.

The DLC could be pretty poo. But they're making a huge game. I really doubt they'll make some shitty downloadable content. It's not like they'll release some shite maps for a relaly shite game like Army of Two. M$ will pour money into aswell probably so the content won't be bad. It's a given.

The DLC could be pretty poo. But they're making a huge game. I really doubt they'll make some shitty downloadable content. It's not like they'll release some shite maps for a relaly shite game like Army of Two. M$ will pour money into aswell probably so the content won't be bad. It's a given.

Yes ok point taken. But I still stand by my point that DLC does not make a game its a nice addition but by the time it comes out will GTA 4 be as relevant as at launch; NO. Yes it will still be relevant but in todays climate people quickly migrate from one title to another look at Halo 3 as an example, yes still massive but people do move on.

Yes ok point taken. But I still stand by my point that DLC does not make a game its a nice addition but by the time it comes out will GTA 4 be as relevant as at launch; NO. Yes it will still be relevant but in todays climate people quickly migrate from one title to another look at Halo 3 as an example, yes still massive but people do move on.

If GTAIV is anything like Halo then....well I hope its not because Im obsessed with Halo and I wasnt even a fan of the previous games.

no...

Dude, this is R* you're talking about. They've had an almost perfect track record since the ps2 launched- what are the chances that $50m of MS' cold, hard cash warrants poor output from the best western dev studio going?

I'm getting the 360 version... the PS3 is probably only slightly better graphically anyway has less DLC, online? who knows which will be better, probably not much in it but the 360 has a better service and well I want achievments for playing through the game so yeah... :heh:

Dude, this is R* you're talking about. They've had an almost perfect track record since the ps2 launched- what are the chances that $50m of MS' cold, hard cash warrants poor output from the best western dev studio going?

yeah I said could be...anyway my main point was that DLC does not make a game... Peoples attitudes suck with regards to 360 versions are always better because they have achievements and with this game, DLC...Why can't people accept especially in terms of GTA 4 it really is the tiniest of details and differences. The DLC isn't going to make one bit of difference to my enjoyment of the game I will not complete it on the PS3 and wish I had the 360 version so I can potter around trying increase my e-penis or playing DLC...I simply move on to the next game, likely the sublime looking MGS 4 (which 360 onwers won't be seeing anytime soon, we can all play fanboy one up manship!)

omg:

Dear MATTHEW FELSTEAD,

One of the items from your order is in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:

Qty Format Artist Title Price Estimated Delivery

1 HC XBOX 360 GAME GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 (GTA IV) £33.99

given that yesterday they said it was being sent special delivery does this mean it will come tomorrow :o

omg:

Dear MATTHEW FELSTEAD,

One of the items from your order is in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:

Qty Format Artist Title Price Estimated Delivery

1 HC XBOX 360 GAME GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 (GTA IV) £33.99

given that yesterday they said it was being sent special delivery does this mean it will come tomorrow :o

That from HMV?

yeah I said could be...anyway my main point was that DLC does not make a game... Peoples attitudes suck with regards to 360 versions are always better because they have achievements and with this game, DLC...Why can't people accept especially in terms of GTA 4 it really is the tiniest of details and differences. The DLC isn't going to make one bit of difference to my enjoyment of the game I will not complete it on the PS3 and wish I had the 360 version so I can potter around trying increase my e-penis or playing DLC...I simply move on to the next game, likely the sublime looking MGS 4 (which 360 onwers won't be seeing anytime soon, we can all play fanboy one up manship!)

I'm not being a fanboy, I'm saying your position is undefendable: the 360 version will be better. that's solid fact. This is a studio with near mythical attention to detail- there's no way the DLC will be anything but complimentry to the experience.

If the PS3 was getting the same deal, I'd be in support of that, but the fact remains that rez's mate could buy either, and the 360 has the better options. I'm also including Live! in that statement, because it's far better than PSN.

Guest Stefkov
If they were identical in every single way Id get 360 as I prefer the controller.

I agree a lot with this. The Dualshock/sixaxis..¬¬ controller is not nice.

It just does not sit comfortably in my hand.

I was gonna be so fucking furious, I went into GAME like two months ago to pre-order this. So I went in today to make sure I was guarenteed for launch and the guy said to me "Do you have your pre-order slip?" I was like "No, I didnt get one" and like "Can you check my card" (more of a tell not ask) and he was like "No you need a pre-order slip"...I was like.....Errrrrrr "I wasnt given one" and he kinda insinuated that I was or should of been I was like "No I pre-ordered about two months ago, and definitely definitely didnt get a slip but he swiped my card" and he basically said theres no other way to tell blah. I was FUCKING furious.

So I went to HMV...cannot guarentee for launch, went to Woolies, again can't guarentee for launch, so my saving grace was the indy store so I went there and they are selling it tomorrow for £50 and had only a few copies left. Thank fuck.

A fucking joke though, Im writing a fucking MASSIVE complaint for GAME to get their cock around. Soooo fucked off by them - if it wasnt for the Indy store I wouldnt be getting it on launch, simple as.