N-Europe

C&C 3 Demo

Fresh

I've just been playing as Nod against a brutal enemy, i can beat them no problem but i can't beat medium with GDI. odd.

You can play as NOD?! How? I can only choose GDI in skirmish.

Anyway, I like it a lot but I havent given the attention it deserves, will probably play it all night.

You can play as NOD?! How? I can only choose GDI in skirmish.

Anyway, I like it a lot but I havent given the attention it deserves, will probably play it all night.

They attempted to lock NOD out but i discovered this :

Press on dropdown select nod, nothing happens. Now press ctrl + capslock + n

N = NOD

G = GDI

S = Scrin (insta defeat ftw)

The only problem is that b'cos they attempted to block it out there are no adviser voices however thats nothing big. All the rest of the vech. and troop voices are there.

Guest Jordan

Hmmm...

Its no way as fun as Generals (yes, Generals: Zero Hour is my favourite C&C).

Nothing seems to pack a punch and its quite slow paced.

Hmmm...

Its no way as fun as Generals (yes, Generals: Zero Hour is my favourite C&C).

Nothing seems to pack a punch and its quite slow paced.

I disagree wholeheartedly, I find this much faster paced than generals especially with the optimized production queues. i didn't hate generals, I just preferred RA2.

I found the demo pretty fun to play, I am pleasantly surprised with EA, especially the centralized building and some other features and units reminiscent of RA2 and earlier games.

They attempted to lock NOD out but i discovered this :

Press on dropdown select nod, nothing happens. Now press ctrl + capslock + n

N = NOD

G = GDI

S = Scrin (insta defeat ftw)

The only problem is that b'cos they attempted to block it out there are no adviser voices however thats nothing big. All the rest of the vech. and troop voices are there.

Thanks!

I agree with Sanchez, this is A LOT more faster than generals, the time it takes you to build something is insanely fast, and the resources dry out pretty quick too. I still love Generals, specially Zero Hour (best expantion pack EVER), but RA2 takes the throne as King of C&C.

Although i loved Generals Zero Hour and RA2, and from what i've seen in the demo, i expect this game is going to be my favorite C&C, unless the final game gets screwed up in some department.

I hope we can fight each others to death here on N-E online when we get the game.

Guest Stefkov

Had this downloading while I watched a movie, I will install it tommorow and see what its like. C&C red alert is the last one I played or watched.

I'm also going to have to disagree with Jordan. Generals is too slow and takes ages to really get going. I do like it as a game, but it just misses the trademark C&C feel for some reason.

I think the best way to describe it is Tiberium story/units in the generals engine with RA2-esque gameplay.

Thirded! That's exactly how it feels. Which is why I now have high hopes that this will be one of the best C&C games yet. I've been playing the demo a lot and I've really enjoyed it so far. :) It'll need to do a lot to beat RA2 though...

I'm quite amazed at how well it runs too. I've got a few options on high, with most of the rest on medium at 1024x768. I'm running this on an Athlon 3200+, 1gb pc3200 ram and a GeForce 6800. Fantastic! :)

Guest Stefkov

After installing and playing the tutorial its pretty awesome.

My Pc's an AMD Athlon XP, 512MB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 and it ran quite smoothly. Only the starting video seemed to have the sound jump ahead of the visual.

I tried the first mission and the enemy started to attack straight away, i played a bit but then stopped, just wantedt to check it out.

After installing and playing the tutorial its pretty awesome.

My Pc's an AMD Athlon XP, 512MB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 and it ran quite smoothly. Only the starting video seemed to have the sound jump ahead of the visual.

I tried the first mission and the enemy started to attack straight away, i played a bit but then stopped, just wantedt to check it out.

That's exactly the same as my PC, but I thought it wasn't good enough to run the Demo. Might download it now.

You should definitely get the PC version of any RTS game wherever possible, comes out a lot cheaper too, well, 10 pounds. What are your computer specs?

VVV: I'm sorry to hear that, well then boot camp it or try to enjoy gamepad controls.

2nd Edit: If it's not a macbook pro then you'll need the 360 version. that sucks.

You should definitely get the PC version of any RTS game wherever possible, comes out a lot cheaper too, well, 10 pounds. What are your computer specs?

Im pretty sure its a Core2duo, Ati gpu and 1gbRAM.

Oh and OSX. :hehe:

VVV: I'm sorry to hear that, well then boot camp it or try to enjoy gamepad controls.

Yeah I've got a Macbook :P