N-Europe

Xbox Live and it's costs

Ant-Shimmin

I use it continously, I am not doubting the service but I get on average a game every two months, the console itself has broken 3 times and that was £280...

I mean I have probably invested £700+ on the 360 and some how £40 a year to get the most out of it is abit of a steep price to pay

I say if you have the games they should add a few months of live within them....

If its $50 in the US of A, roughly equating to £25 I don't understand why the hell we have to pay £40 and we don't even get the video download service that is available in the US! Don't get me wrong, I think XBL is fantastic but could Microsoft at least take £10 off or give us the video download service!

I love it, and the way friends lists can be accessed from wherever, you can send messages and chat with people really easily, and jumping into games couldn't be simpler.

They just need to make sure their consoles don't break down, so people don't leave them and buy a PS3...

Guest Stefkov

I think £30 for a whoole year of online gaming is great value for money.

My friends who have an xbox without live, I moan at them to get it, they say they cant be bothered.

I tell them that there is no point in getting an xbox without getting Live. One friend asked me how much it was, I told him £40/£30, he said it was a ripoff, I could have smacked him.

That what I think of it.

Aye it's a great service, the best one out there and for £40 it isn't too bad ofa price.

TBH I don't think I'd like Sony to go down the pay per year line. The free service they have now is really good for something free. It's easy to get into games and play online and such, no real problems for online gaming. It's just not as complete as a whole package, but it's free and thebest free service out there. The Wii online is a joke compared.

Aye it's a great service, the best one out there and for £40 it isn't too bad ofa price.

TBH I don't think I'd like Sony to go down the pay per year line. The free service they have now is really good for something free. It's easy to get into games and play online and such, no real problems for online gaming. It's just not as complete as a whole package, but it's free and thebest free service out there. The Wii online is a joke compared.

Are you saying PS3 online is good for free but if they charged like Live it wouldn't really be worth it? I don't mean that to sound like I'm slagging it off btw.

I can see what you mean. The online is fine and stuff, but it doesn't have the extras like clicking dashbutton and having a menu coming up for seeing your mates and speaking to them. So paying £40 wouldn't be as worthwhile £40 compared to Xbox Live.

The PS3 is basically a friends list which tells you what they are playing on, but you can't access it from the PS button like you would on the Xbox with the dashbutton. It has to be built into the game.

Resistance has it's own friends list, tells you your standard affair of like who you've met in games, are they online, who's online in your friends list and so on. Saying that though, playing games and stuff is excellent, nothing wrong with it really.

I can see what you mean. The online is fine and stuff, but it doesn't have the extras like clicking dashbutton and having a menu coming up for seeing your mates and speaking to them. So paying £40 wouldn't be as worthwhile £40 compared to Xbox Live.

The PS3 is basically a friends list which tells you what they are playing on, but you can't access it from the PS button like you would on the Xbox with the dashbutton. It has to be built into the game.

Resistance has it's own friends list, tells you your standard affair of like who you've met in games, are they online, who's online in your friends list and so on. Saying that though, playing games and stuff is excellent, nothing wrong with it really.

So sounds decent, and kind of an extra to PS3 rather than going hand in hand like 360 and Live.

I for one am put off, if mine 360 broke Microsoft wouldn't send me a replacement because I live in Serbia. What would I do then? And I think there's not even one 360 owner on this forum that hasn't had at least one problem with the console.

As for Live, I'm sure it's great and I wouldn't really mind that much paying for it, but it should be free.

I couldn't live without XBL. Every other machine kinda seems outdated due to a lack of a great online service like this. Bugger motion sensing, online play is without a doubt the future.

This is why I disagree with people saying Xbox 360 is the same experience as the previous gen but in HD.