NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

Xbox Live and it's costs

I think Xbox Live is an extremely good deal, $50 a year, damn good deal. Maybe MS points could be a little cheaper but I'm sure somebody disagrees with me.

The reason i am asking is I'm getting my 2nd 12 month subscription tommorow and I somewhat believe that for what I do perhaps £20 would be more plausable

The reason i am asking is I'm getting my 2nd 12 month subscription tommorow and I somewhat believe that for what I do perhaps £20 would be more plausable

Why not just get a 3 month one to see how things pan out and then if you still want it then bump it back up to a year.

I use it continously, I am not doubting the service but I get on average a game every two months, the console itself has broken 3 times and that was £280...

I mean I have probably invested £700+ on the 360 and some how £40 a year to get the most out of it is abit of a steep price to pay

I say if you have the games they should add a few months of live within them....

If its $50 in the US of A, roughly equating to £25 I don't understand why the hell we have to pay £40 and we don't even get the video download service that is available in the US! Don't get me wrong, I think XBL is fantastic but could Microsoft at least take £10 off or give us the video download service!

Does that include renting films in HD?

I still think they should knock £10 off!

Not sure I don't think it will be like the US service....I think their is going to be something like a dedicated Channel Service...

I love it, and the way friends lists can be accessed from wherever, you can send messages and chat with people really easily, and jumping into games couldn't be simpler.

They just need to make sure their consoles don't break down, so people don't leave them and buy a PS3...

I think £30 for a whoole year of online gaming is great value for money.

My friends who have an xbox without live, I moan at them to get it, they say they cant be bothered.

I tell them that there is no point in getting an xbox without getting Live. One friend asked me how much it was, I told him £40/£30, he said it was a ripoff, I could have smacked him.

That what I think of it.

Agreed Stefkov, The Wii is made next gen by being new and exciting with it's potential use of the remote, Xbox 360 is made next gen by Live in my opinion.

I'd be interested to see if PS3 can match the same level of integration for the online thing.

Aye it's a great service, the best one out there and for £40 it isn't too bad ofa price.

TBH I don't think I'd like Sony to go down the pay per year line. The free service they have now is really good for something free. It's easy to get into games and play online and such, no real problems for online gaming. It's just not as complete as a whole package, but it's free and thebest free service out there. The Wii online is a joke compared.

Aye it's a great service, the best one out there and for £40 it isn't too bad ofa price.

TBH I don't think I'd like Sony to go down the pay per year line. The free service they have now is really good for something free. It's easy to get into games and play online and such, no real problems for online gaming. It's just not as complete as a whole package, but it's free and thebest free service out there. The Wii online is a joke compared.

Are you saying PS3 online is good for free but if they charged like Live it wouldn't really be worth it? I don't mean that to sound like I'm slagging it off btw.

I can see what you mean. The online is fine and stuff, but it doesn't have the extras like clicking dashbutton and having a menu coming up for seeing your mates and speaking to them. So paying £40 wouldn't be as worthwhile £40 compared to Xbox Live.

The PS3 is basically a friends list which tells you what they are playing on, but you can't access it from the PS button like you would on the Xbox with the dashbutton. It has to be built into the game.

Resistance has it's own friends list, tells you your standard affair of like who you've met in games, are they online, who's online in your friends list and so on. Saying that though, playing games and stuff is excellent, nothing wrong with it really.

They just need to make sure their consoles don't break down, so people don't leave them and buy a PS3...

Joking or not?

I think it's a good deal, and it's proper online, not Nintendo's 'we know that our gamers don't want online' approach.

I can see what you mean. The online is fine and stuff, but it doesn't have the extras like clicking dashbutton and having a menu coming up for seeing your mates and speaking to them. So paying £40 wouldn't be as worthwhile £40 compared to Xbox Live.

The PS3 is basically a friends list which tells you what they are playing on, but you can't access it from the PS button like you would on the Xbox with the dashbutton. It has to be built into the game.

Resistance has it's own friends list, tells you your standard affair of like who you've met in games, are they online, who's online in your friends list and so on. Saying that though, playing games and stuff is excellent, nothing wrong with it really.

So sounds decent, and kind of an extra to PS3 rather than going hand in hand like 360 and Live.

Yeah, it's certainly not matching live. It also doesn't feel that it's trying to match live at the moment too. They might change it with Firmware updates, but at the moment it's a simple easy accessable free online gaming.

Joking or not?

I think it's a good deal, and it's proper online, not Nintendo's 'we know that our gamers don't want online' approach.

Sort of joking, although I'm sure some people are put off by the 360 reliability stories

I for one am put off, if mine 360 broke Microsoft wouldn't send me a replacement because I live in Serbia. What would I do then? And I think there's not even one 360 owner on this forum that hasn't had at least one problem with the console.

As for Live, I'm sure it's great and I wouldn't really mind that much paying for it, but it should be free.

I couldn't live without XBL. Every other machine kinda seems outdated due to a lack of a great online service like this. Bugger motion sensing, online play is without a doubt the future.

I couldn't live without XBL. Every other machine kinda seems outdated due to a lack of a great online service like this. Bugger motion sensing, online play is without a doubt the future.

This is why I disagree with people saying Xbox 360 is the same experience as the previous gen but in HD.

I don't play a lot of games online due to suck ass internet connection but i still think XBL is a damn good deal and plan on renewing this May myself.

i still prefer PC for online gaming, although i would love a really rapid frantic racer online, sorta a mesh between F-Zero and PGR.. like a real Nascar race

Sign in to follow this