Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Do my Penguin for me

Atomic Boo

I've done that experiment about 4 times. its stupid that i could write out a full practical report now without even looking at anything and just faking some results.

A nicer experiment to demonstrate the same osmotic principle, with better design (although only qualitative) is as follows:

Get 5 different concentrations of salt solution (0M, 0.2M, 0.4M, 0.6M, 0.8M and 1M works well). Now cut little strips from a celery stick, in the direction of the stem. Due to the waxy cuticle on top, and the turgid cells beneath, the strips will bend back a little. Now if you leave a strip in a petri dish of each solution for half an hour or so, you'll end up with each strip being bent a different amount depending on the solution. This looks quite impressive.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done that experiment about 4 times. its stupid that i could write out a full practical report now without even looking at anything and just faking some results.

In your A-level report you can get 18/20 in your practical exam thingy through doing exactly that. You'd get 20/20 if you made up results show the right values.

(seriously, I'm not joking look a the mark scheme. 7 marks for a good table with correct headings number of d.p etc. Its a joke of an exam)

In your A-level report you can get 18/20 in your practical exam thingy through doing exactly that. You'd get 20/20 if you made up results show the right values.

(seriously, I'm not joking look a the mark scheme. 7 marks for a good table with correct headings number of d.p etc. Its a joke of an exam)

If only A level chemistry coursework was like that...

Instead, I have to work out the mechanism for a reaction which has not yet been discovered as it is too complex.

If only A level chemistry coursework was like that...

Instead, I have to work out the mechanism for a reaction which has not yet been discovered as it is too complex.

I have no sympathy for you, as your mention of GO in another thread has caused me to go read all those sites about it because I've always wanted to play. Now I haven't done all the work I was suposed to do and am going to have another sleepless night. I blame you :P

I have no sympathy for you, as your mention of GO in another thread has caused me to go read all those sites about it because I've always wanted to play. Now I haven't done all the work I was suposed to do and am going to have another sleepless night. I blame you :P

Ah well, I look forward to playing go with you instead of doing homework. :heh:

OK, I need all your native speaking help here, please.

I'm looking for a word (English duh), that describes an issue that does not really matter. Like you would say "We shouldn't be discussing this issue because it's a(n) [insert word here]."

For Dutch speakers reading I need the exact translation for 'randzaak'.

OK, I need all your native speaking help here, please.

I'm looking for a word (English duh), that describes an issue that does not really matter. Like you would say "We shouldn't be discussing this issue because it's a(n) [insert word here]."

For Dutch speakers reading I need the exact translation for 'randzaak'.

If you want to be idiomatic and slightly old fashioned, you could say "it's a trifle". In fact, "it's trival" works just as well but doesn't carry the antiquated connotations.

Thanks, but I'm not sure those are the words I need (irrelevant doesn't necessarily describe a matter of discussion) as it's supposed to be quite formal. Is trival formal enough?

Yes, I think trivial is fairly formal.

OED says: Of small account, little esteemed, paltry, poor; trifling, inconsiderable, unimportant, slight.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!