N-Europe

Final Fantasy

Rummy

Guest Stefkov

Haha now I feel a fool. Some guy in game, my mum totally bought it, he said X was his favourite FF game. Cant see how it is. I've just past the story driven sending off for the dead people.

I do like the fighting system in it, can be fun sometimes.

The music is great in the game aswell.

Are the FF games set one after the other? As I thought X was a strange place to start off, but I wanted a game and that was there. Will I have to play XI to be able to understand XII? Or is it a totally new main character story etc?

I agree with who said Tidus is an annoying main character. Wakka's pretty funny I might add.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XI is totally different to any other FF. So much so thats there's debate whether it should actually be titled Final Fantasy.

But in answer to your question no, they are not true sequels. The only one being X-2 being a sequel of X, and that is defienetly not a must have title.

XII however does share the same world, Ivalice, with FF Tactics and Tactics Advanced.

I've realised today I'm addicted to Final Fantasy.

I've got

PSX: Anthology (IV and V), VI, VII, VIII, IX

PS2: X, X-2, XII, Dirge of Cerebus

PC: XI

GCN: Crystal Chronicles

DVD: Advent Children and Spirits Within.

Plus I own a few more Squaresoft/Square-Enix games.

BUT

Former Square Enix composer Nobuo Uematsu's only work for this game is "Kiss Me Good-Bye", the theme song sung by Angela Aki. However, XII's soundtrack also includes other songs composed by Uematsu for previous Final Fantasy games, with new arrangements by Hitoshi Sakimoto. These tracks include:

* "Final Fantasy ~FFXII Version~"

* "Victory Fanfare ~FFXII Version~"

* "Chocobo FFXII Arrange Ver. 1"

* "Chocobo ~FFXII Version~"

* "Clash on the Big Bridge ~FFXII Version~"

Its still damn good though :D

BUT

Former Square Enix composer Nobuo Uematsu's only work for this game is "Kiss Me Good-Bye", the theme song sung by Angela Aki. However, XII's soundtrack also includes other songs composed by Uematsu for previous Final Fantasy games, with new arrangements by Hitoshi Sakimoto. These tracks include:

Who wteore the rest then, takeno?

Those rabbit like things on the original soundtrack disc look cute. I think I may actually get this game later this year, probably in summer time along with excitetruck(if not end of next month), whats it like compared to X, both story wise and gameplay wise, and hows this new battle system?

Those rabbit like things on the original soundtrack disc look cute. I think I may actually get this game later this year, probably in summer time along with excitetruck(if not end of next month), whats it like compared to X, both story wise and gameplay wise, and hows this new battle system?

for my ooooo hour of it, i really like the feel, reminds a lot of X and the start reminds me of IX. Really can't wait for the story to start unfolding, i think i just about understand what happens in the prologue esque opening.

Guest Stefkov
^^ pretty eh? 4 Disc Limited Edition Japanese Soundtrack according to the box, the Gamestation in the Arndale Centre in Manchester only got one of them and i was lucky enough to buy it :D

ooh you lucky man.

I've just gotten past the blitzball tourney in X, and I was wondering if you could actually win. I read that you can learn that Jechto's special move on the boat. I thought you just had to sit and watch that happening, I didnt know you could actually do the combos and he would earn it. Peopelwere saying you would use that in the game and would win easily. I played the game and lost 4-0. :heh:

ooh you lucky man.

I've just gotten past the blitzball tourney in X, and I was wondering if you could actually win. I read that you can learn that Jechto's special move on the boat. I thought you just had to sit and watch that happening, I didnt know you could actually do the combos and he would earn it. Peopelwere saying you would use that in the game and would win easily. I played the game and lost 4-0. :heh:

NEVER liked blitzball, always found it to be annoying and just crap lol

best minigame in any FF is in IX with the TetraMaster card game i think, such fun collecting cards :D

Guest Stefkov

Blitzball is an extremely slow and dull game, the movie it played of it before his hometown was destroyed looked past paced, but maybe its cos it was being controlled, maybe like quidditch in Harry potter, it gets slow.

lol, that just reminded me that when I first joined here I actually thought you'd taken your username from the very same Letty!

Blitzball was kind of fun when you were winning, but after a while I got impatient with playing it whilst on my quest for the ultimate weapons and that, then just resorted to lots of team data resets.

lol, that just reminded me that when I first joined here I actually thought you'd taken your username from the very same Letty!

Blitzball was kind of fun when you were winning, but after a while I got impatient with playing it whilst on my quest for the ultimate weapons and that, then just resorted to lots of team data resets.

Oh if only - Im cursed with this name

Worst thing about XII, its done an FFIX on us. The graphics have tried to be so detailed and complex, that when the chracter is just running around his armour looks plain grainy, jaggied and ugly. Where as in say X, it wasn't so bad, and XI it definitely wasn't at all bad.

I wish i have played mroe of the game but from what i can tell the battle system just seems like X-2 but with more running about. but saying this i haven't even got another party member yet so i have yet to experience the joys of the gambit system.

I REALLY like the art style ALOT more than X, the movement maybe be blurry and the detail grainy but this is a PS2 game-i have really bad blurryness cos i'm playing through composite on a HD TV. I have no other choice though *sigh*

i was going to say how shite the graphics are, and how the battle system sucks balls. i am. cgi still rules, but its lost without turnbased battles

The lack of turnbased battles has killed this game for a mate of mine. I was waiting to see what he said about it before I bought it as we have the same taste in RPGs. This coupled with the fact that many say the story and characters in this are very disappointing means I wont be picking this up for a while now.