NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Final Fantasy

This is a thread for discussion of all things final fantasy, games, characters, films, fan fiction, whatever else could be related to this massive topic. Just kind of wanted to stop the meaningless post thread from getting cluttered, and this is one pretty broad topic so I doubt it'd die out of there.

I've only ever played one FF, and that was FFX, which I quite liked after getting into it. I also never knew the al bhed had spiral pupils until a while after I played FF, guess I just don't stare into the eyes of RPG heroinnes enough.

Anyway, Final Fantasy and beyond, discuss it here and not in the MoTD thread!

Thought this wou;d be more of an other console topic but never mind.

Just got FF12 and even though its an alright games feels a bit more like a cross between an MMORPG and kingdom hearts.

Not my favourite final fantasy even though every single review seems to hail it as the best thing ever to hit a console.

The story is good, system is meh. Seems dumbed down in my opinion, the gambits can be set in a way where you don't actually have to do anything at all. Heres to hoping that squares next endevour doesn't just get rid of battles altogether.

And I don't like Vaan. Seems like a sequal to Tidus, a character type that should be destroyed. That whiny, pre-adolescent do-gooder thats overshadowed by the awesome cast around them.

Yeah, I guess thats what videogames have over books; a greater sense of involvement and consequence relating to the story. Still I with they'd spend a good few years and make an FF thats for everyone, you know, something that isn't marred by it's mechanics and something that's believable. Unlike fucking blitzball where they can breathe underwater for ridiculous amounts of time without any explanation as to why. I hate that!

Blitzball made no sense. Like how gravity and upthrust were completely ignored. And that the ball was incredibly aerodynamic underwater:hmm: and the Jecht shot... Blitzball was still kinda fun though.

Did anyone ever play Final Fantasy XI?

Yea I've got it. My brothers crazy over it but I just don't have the time to level up for hours upon hours every day.

Got like a level 14 thief or something.

The lack of any real story probably helped with my loss of interest.

One thing that's always bothered me.

What exactly happend to Vivi at the end of IX?

The last FF i played was Crystal Chronicles which I sold a while ago.

That and Tactics advance are the only ff ive played

Wow, I just realised I've actually played a bit of FF1 and FF3, silly me! Waiting on a port of...FF7? Though. Whatever is the really popular one that Advent Children was made from.

Yes, this thread may exist elsewhere, but someone in MoTD didn't want to make a thread for the topic because wherever the thread is dead, and I think also that the Final Fantasy series has become much more than a game title.

Speaking of more than a game, can anyone who's seen Spirits Within tell me if it's a good film worth watching? It's been floating around my home for a long while now, but I never bothered watching it. Is it based off one of the games in particular?

One thing that's always bothered me.

What exactly happend to Vivi at the end of IX?

He had babies? That made no sense:heh:

Final Fantasy VII did spawn Advent Children and I thought Spirits Within was terrible.

I just played FF VII, X, XII and Tactics Advance. VII is hugely overrated and so is X. They're both boring games, even though VII has a great story. XII is freaking awesome and so is Tactics Advance.

About the movies, the first one was pretty cool even though it barely had anything to do with FF and Advent Children was just miling. Great soundtrack and fight scenes, but the story is very poor.

Also, Fran is giga hot

Did anyone ever play Final Fantasy XI?

Yup, I've got it. Too many Japanese people made it too hard to get help on quests, so I stopped playing for WoW.

i dunno do we?

yep-but people don't really look around the other boards for some reason. . .

I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for about 55 hours before Shorty told me about how the AP worked! 55 hours over the course of a few months is suddenly rocketing up fast as I realise there's a whole new game here :P

Loved Advet Children, but never really been all that great at the levelling-up aspect of the game.

Man I love Final Fantasy. I spent 40 quid on ebay last year for FFVII in its original box in mint condition. I don't even spend 40 quid on games that are new; that's how much I love it.

I also have the two Final Fantasy films.

However, even though I love FF7 and the films to death.... I haven't played any other Final Fantasy games.... I've heard to many bad things about the series since FF7.

Give IX a chance Wes, normally people who like VII seem to like IX aswell, the battle system isn't too complex and it has a lot of good characters.

Is that on PC? Because I don't own any Sony consoles...

Assuming you have FF 7 for the pc.

You can buy the game then download a Playstation emulator so you can play it on your pc.

May have a couple of quirks in it but its altogether playable and a popular method. Not an official method but even so the official ports are not very friendly. Shame really, I love ff7/8 on the pc so much more than the ps but I need to get a pc hooked up with old hardware to play them properly.

Ah bugger I didn't explain that my FF7 was for the PC did I? Well... yeah it is.

Ah so emulator it is... Unless I get a cheap PS2.

Can anyone perhaps help me? I´m trying to remember and old FF game i used to play but i can´t remember which.

The game starts that an asteroid falls to the ground near you and you meat 2 persons, a girl and some that´s lost his memory.

And you traveled on water using a boat dragged by some huge sea creature.

Only remember it being a FF game because it has a chocobo in it

Just been playing FFIX. I've just finished the first disc. Would be playing it some more but I've got football training.

Sign in to follow this