NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

A Whole New Angle For You Ninty Fans

I have never owned a Nintendo Console apart from the Wii I liked the look of the new control system and plus I got it on the cheap which was good.

Anyway I am seeing people go on about how they are dissapointed by the Wii and how Ninty could of done better but hasn't it rung any bells in anyones head yet?

Nintendo have marketed the Nintendo Wii Games to families, with all due respect I know some die hard ninty fans who believe Nintendo shit roses, but the company doesn't really care about the hardcore gamers it has

You may think they do but they know people will follow them to Oblivion blindly, they will take their money and run, they have a whole new marketing technique, every advert I have seen for the wii has had children with their parents in it, noticed a trend?

However all this said and done, i don't know why you all are complaining, the system is brilliant, the channel system works perfect, the Mii Channel is swift, granted apart from Zelda their yet is to be a good game... Apart from Wii sports (Which shipped free May I add)

But I take my hats off to Nintendo that they have delivered a solid piece of hardware, in E3 they said this Console wasn't Next gen, yet people are calling out for support for Next Generation hardware, which shows ignorance of True Nintendo Fans

They have a whole new perspective, and to be honest in my eyes it has worked very well...

Nintendo are competing in a whole different market now, Sony and MS are striving for success in the development of game engines and graphics and processing power...

Ninty is just happy to try and find people fun things to do, which to their credit they have....and I can put my hand on my heart and say I have not been bored with what Nintendo Has given me....

Nintendo will develop this console, add new firmwire and channels and new games, people are asking too much at once, Little By Little Nintendo are proving doubters wrong...

We all know this; Nintendo themselves have said that with the DS and Wii they are aiming to get non-gamers...well, gaming. As you can tell by sales of things liek Nintendogs and Brain Training.

Die hard fans are looking forward to games like SMG, MP3, SPM, and SSBB. Other than that, they are having to look to third parties for other "hardcore" games, like Red Steel, Elebit's or SSX Blur.

I have never owned a Nintendo Console apart from the Wii I liked the look of the new control system and plus I got it on the cheap which was good.

Anyway I am seeing people go on about how they are dissapointed by the Wii and how Ninty could of done better but hasn't it rung any bells in anyones head yet?

Nintendo have marketed the Nintendo Wii Games to families, with all due respect I know some die hard ninty fans who believe Nintendo shit roses, but the company doesn't really care about the hardcore gamers it has

You may think they do but they know people will follow them to Oblivion blindly, they will take their money and run, they have a whole new marketing technique, every advert I have seen for the wii has had children with their parents in it, noticed a trend?

However all this said and done, i don't know why you all are complaining, the system is brilliant, the channel system works perfect, the Mii Channel is swift, granted apart from Zelda their yet is to be a good game... Apart from Wii sports (Which shipped free May I add)

But I take my hats off to Nintendo that they have delivered a solid piece of hardware, in E3 they said this Console wasn't Next gen, yet people are calling out for support for Next Generation hardware, which shows ignorance of True Nintendo Fans

They have a whole new perspective, and to be honest in my eyes it has worked very well...

Nintendo are competing in a whole different market now, Sony and MS are striving for success in the development of game engines and graphics and processing power...

Ninty is just happy to try and find people fun things to do, which to their credit they have....and I can put my hand on my heart and say I have not been bored with what Nintendo Has given me....

Nintendo will develop this console, add new firmwire and channels and new games, people are asking too much at once, Little By Little Nintendo are proving doubters wrong...

No I am gradually getting excited for the wii mcj - however thing is though, Ant.

When they releashed Kirby's Air Ride - it was for the fans, as although it was a very well designed game. The media did think Ninty was doing fan service.

And you will get fanboys for nearly every console in existance - and remember we are talking about the virtual console, seriously failed to impress with their fanboys didn't do very well.

If you watch the red steel adverts you don't see a little kid in their. Gamers know the chaff from the corn - thing is its the non gamers that don't know the difference.

And yes its true Nintendo didn't say it was next gen it was new generation -which is basically pr markerting speak. And in some ways it shows that true nintendo fans aren't ignorant like you say. But simply like in innovation in a greater way than sony and xbox fanboys.

we were all just suggesting improvements like ONLINE gaming instead of online voting

I think you put the emphasis on the wrong word there, silly. When the xbox launched, or the 360, or even the PS2, did they all have online right away straight away? I imagine Nintendo are still testing the waters and whatnot with the Wii, getting servers and that setup for the online, it isn't exactly an easy overnight job to set up an online game network, is it? I bet you wouldn't be complaining if there were NO online features as of yet, but everyones like 'but, it can connect to the internet and do some stuff, so it should clearly be able to do everything!'. Were you the same as this with the DS, assuming you have one?

I think you put the emphasis on the wrong word there, silly. When the xbox launched, or the 360, or even the PS2, did they all have online right away straight away? I imagine Nintendo are still testing the waters and whatnot with the Wii, getting servers and that setup for the online, it isn't exactly an easy overnight job to set up an online game network, is it? I bet you wouldn't be complaining if there were NO online features as of yet, but everyones like 'but, it can connect to the internet and do some stuff, so it should clearly be able to do everything!'. Were you the same as this with the DS, assuming you have one?

360 did have online straignt away when it launched. ;)

Haven't they said its all ready to go and they're just waiting for the software to utilize it? The first Wii title that comes to mind is Smash Brothers.

I just hope its any good. If the DS online is anything to go by, waiting 5 minutes to join a fight with 3 random opponents with all communication silenced. Most of the time you don't even get that far with "Couldn't find opponents" message coming up way too frequently.

Seriously though the whole friend code thing is a serious step backwards. Its just a way to prevent kids getting chatted up by perverted Wii owners which all players older than 20 must be seeing as its a kids console according to capcom(Haw Haw)

Annoys me though. They have parental controls they should have the option to turn it off, I think I'm old enough to decide if I want to talk to 40 yr olds pretending to be teens if I want.

The revolution is coming, meaning the Wii will sell like sh**cakes to a bigger market than ever! And people are being impatient, probably because they expect very much from it. Yet I dont think they quite realise what Nintendo is about to do.

Early adopters always have to pay the price of game drought, then get in a hissy even though they half expected it.

All the nintendo franchises will come to the wii in time and most major 3rd parties are jumping on board - rockstar, guitar hero, lucasarts, ea and others.

What made you think we didn't know this and more importantly what is your point? Fan Boys are obviously going to blindly follow what they are a fan of, its what Fan Boys do. The "Oblivion" that made you take your hat of to Nintendo clearly enticed you with thier new "trend". Its Nintendo's rosey shit, Its Nintendo's new ways of thinking, Its Nintendo's different path to its competitors that made you consider a Wii. You'll never guess that thats the same reason I'm a fan.

The wii is still a great system for gamers too. Zelda is great, the virtual console and I don't get why everyone bashes red steel. The system has been out for three months. I do believe there was a games drought for the gc when it came out, the ds when it came out... most probably all systems. The games are coming, and they are looking good. It's just being marketed to a wider audience, not specifically families.

Zelda was built around its fans and the virtual console is a library of Nintendo's history, pretty "hardcore" I think.

Zelda was built around its fans and the virtual console is a library of Nintendo's history, pretty "hardcore" I think.

Remember how you said to me once...

"Oh Metal Gear it must be a good game then"

Remember how you said to me once...

"Oh Metal Gear it must be a good game then"

Yeah, about the mindframe of fans. You still have no point and what you just brought up was even randomer, more coherence please.

If your truelly a hardcore gamer you buy every game console - buy all unique games etc etc. Just to give proof that your a gaming god.

Ninty and to some extent sony always pander to its core audience in japan - cos if you look at the gaming situation out there it's pretty much slowing down. Game systems to me aren't going to please mass market where its considered an entertainment form - untill their is one specification for a games console - whereby they can add bigger harddrives etc. And have cheaper software. £40 for WW: SS does seem a bit excesive. So does £50 for Sonic(2006) it seems the games industry needs standardisation before we are going to remove these negative images

EDIT: Don't know if that makes sense are not, just been having a debate, I say there should be standardisation of home consoles. Whilst a few of my mates think otherwise.

360 did have online straignt away when it launched. ;)

I thought it probably did, given that it ran over the same sort of Live servers that were used for the xbox, it does run the same way right?

I agree with Ant's post, I think Nintendo haven't so much gone head to head with 360 and PS3, rather produced something for a slightly different market, they're trying to tap the untapped, and if they succeed, well, they'll probably manage to garner some fanboy/girl/men/womens out of it, I remember I became a Ninty fan having had the SNES as my first ever console.

If your truelly a hardcore gamer you buy every game console - buy all unique games etc etc. Just to give proof that your a gaming god.

Oh please don't be ridiculous, you do understand that not everyone has botomless pockets right? I first buy my fave one and then I get the rest when they're cheap or I have money. It's what I did last gen. Bought a new GC on launch and bought the other ones dirt cheap later on.

Also XBOX360 used XBOX system, it's not like they started from scratch.

The online is unacceptably under developed and concieved, buy hey, thats what I bought a 360 for so I don't really care! I just wish they had implemented a gamerscore type thing!!

I agree with Ant's post, I think Nintendo haven't so much gone head to head with 360 and PS3, rather produced something for a slightly different market, they're trying to tap the untapped, and if they succeed, well, they'll probably manage to garner some fanboy/girl/men/womens out of it, I remember I became a Ninty fan having had the SNES as my first ever console.

But surely you already knew that? Rendering this thread useless.

The online is unacceptably under developed and concieved, buy hey, thats what I bought a 360 for so I don't really care! I just wish they had implemented a gamerscore type thing!!

Just wait untill super smash bros brawl goes online...

Because the Wii is your first Ninty console I think this is why you are not disappointed.

Don't get my wrong, I'm happy with my Wii and I enjoy the games as well as the new controller. It's especially great with a few mates.

But at least for me the problem is that Nintendo promised a lot more than it kept.

The most memorable thing is "If you see the graphics you'll say 'wow'." It seems Iwata-san is easily wowed then because most of what we got (although that's mainly Ubisoft's fault) are sub-GC like graphics. Many of us were expecting that it could almost rival the power of X-360 because of the lack of HD but not only does it lack HD it's still graphically inferior and there are mainly two reasons for it: make it small (why?) and make a profit from day one. The most annoying thing about this is though that we'll probably going to miss out on many multi-platform developments.

Then Iwata promised he'd personally take care that Smash Bros Brawl would be ready at launch but it wasn't and he also promised online support for Brawl which implied that online should be ready from day one.

Then they promised DVD support (although that's not too much of an issue) but this feature got also scrapped and could be added in a later version of the Wii. Now how nice is that? If you want DVD support you'll have to buy another Wii console!

Also at one point the Wii was region-free and at another point it wasn't.

Now as I said there are many good things as well, like a very well thought out controller, a physically very stable system, the wii channels, a easy and clean interface...

However I feel somewhat screwed as a hardcore gamer because of the points above. After all during the GC era there were mainly hardcore gamers and fanboys who still stuck with Ninty and therefore supported the GC. We were the ones who read every interview to get some new details and now it seems they didn't really try to do "fan service".

Objectively said they are a company and do what's best for business but personally it's a bit disappointing.

Still the good points outweigh them, but it leaves a bit of a bad taste so to say. : peace:

The most memorable thing is "If you see the graphics you'll say 'wow'." It seems Iwata-san is easily wowed then because most of what we got (although that's mainly Ubisoft's fault) are sub-GC like graphics.

Have you even played red steel? The graphics on that are solid. Certainly better than any gc game I ever played.

Finnaly someone with a fresh and logic mind. If I ever annoyed you (like say, your first posts), Ant-Shimin, I hereby apologise and say to you: you have just rose a grade on my ladder! And not many people get that chance, since most here are true Nintendo-fans who sadly enough believe Nintendo cares mroe about them than money.

Sign in to follow this