NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

There, finished the game on medium. Now I'm off to hard. Cursing ahead! :p

Anyhoo, about the ending...

...was it just me or was the final challenge against Lou on medium dead easy? Got it on the first try. It's very forgiving, though.

I started on medium for two sets, got bored and moved straight on to Hard.

I'm on the final set, and holy shit it's hard :D

Knights of Cydonia was done within two goes by me, and it was my first fail song. The speed of picking is just insane..

Anyway, I've been playing for 5 hours straight, probably time for a break XD

I might finish the hard mode later tonight or do it tomorrow. Either way, holy fuck at Raining Blood. That's gotta be impossible.

Oh, and I love the boss battles! Brilliant fun!

started on my task to get 5 star on all song on medium, so far go the first two gigs done, wanted to try on Number of the Beast, got a 4 star, went to try again, and started having one of those times when the more you want to do something the more you frack the frack up everything.

Also out of curiosity went and tried Slow Ride on hard mode... holy frack that orange button is unnatural, made it to 50% of the song until i was booed off the stage, doubt i'd ever be able to do hard mode :heh:

Slow Ride so far is the only song I can do on hard, all the rest I just fail at. Slowly getting better at it though, I just can't move my hand to get the orange fast enough yet.

Probably try and 5 star Medium for practice and every gig or so, try hard mode again.

Medium is a big step up in difficulty in relation to GH1 Medium, I was very surprised.

Medium is a big step up in difficulty in relation to GH1 Medium, I was very surprised.

thats kinda unfair then to us GH nOObs :heh:

wait why am i complaining i beat medium mode, its hard i can't do....

What do people recommend for a first song to practice on medium to try and get into it. Just watching yesterdays Heroes then hitting an afternoon of GH!

I'd say have a go at Raining Blood, just to get to see what you will hope to achieve then start on the first batch of songs. Just work through the career like on easy.

I did that, apart from looking at Raining Blood...my god...and I think I've gotten better at the game. First I couldn't even do Hit me with your best shot.

I've just confirmed that the GH controller suck. Playing School Out on hard. There are a few held notes. Just watching I can actually see meslf holding down the blue button, right at the end it just happened, I was holding it down firmly and it just pulled off then went back on in the blink of an eye making me lose the last held note. It happened during the song but it was prominent there. Really annoyed me that.

Oh yeah forgot to mention last night i got my first 100% on medium, Schools Out, didn't think it might be possible to get it on another song, then today had a few close calls on Miss Murder and some others, the playing Evenflow, and i was going perfect for the whole song, couldn't believe it seemed so easy, then missed a note near the end :heh:, said fair enough I'll do it again, and again and again and again and again (ie an lot of times) i'd do perfect but make a stupid mistake near the end... but after i don't know how many tries, i fianlly got 100% on Evenflow on medium, yay... now i need a shower :heh:

Well finally completed Easy mode, tried to do medium, but my hands not having it gets too confused! I'm gonna wait till I finish work for xmas and really practive hard at it I reckon.

EDIT;

Out tour group is currently 235th. Not too shabby!

Sorry I had to quit on the battle game we were having Cookyman, my parents needed the TV and dinner was ready etc. Good game though!

And I'm on Lou on Hard! Raining Blood was a bloody task and a half.. star power ftw :P

Also, are any other wii users experiencing either the strum bar or red/yellow buttons not registering sometimes? I'm not sure if it's my guitar acting up but there's definitely something wrong.

Sorry I had to quit on the battle game we were having Cookyman, my parents needed the TV and dinner was ready etc. Good game though!

Yeah good games - my god Dyson your bloody brilliant at it - I assume you've other guitar heroes or play guitar!

Well played sir you rock! : peace:

Yeah good games - my god Dyson your bloody brilliant at it - I assume you've other guitar heroes or play guitar!

Well played sir you rock! : peace:

Dragonforce was so much fun to play! My first time playing that track :D

I can't play real guitar to save my life however I have borrowed GH1 from a friend until recently and spent a lot of time playing GH2 at another friends' house in the summer!

Also I love the game :D Can't help my obsession for it :D

By the way, you may want to look in to playing Pro Face Off. Instead of taking it in turns to play certain pieces of the track, you both play the entire song. Downside is, you both play the same difficulty!

Thanks for the great battles earlier, thought I had you at the start of Avalanches (or whatever it was called) but you pulled it right back! Close stuff :P

Right Flameboy, I've sent a notification as I wanna be part of the N-europe britrock tour so hook me up :)

This is deffo a game where you can actually feel yourself improving at the game. Lovely stuff.

And I really don't know if playing the guitar helps. I play both giuitar and piano and I think it only helps at possibly understanding a beat, nothing more.

My wrist still hurts :wtf:

OMG, in my quest to 5 star all song on medium, i somehow got stuck on Welcome to the Jungle, figure maybe cuz it's late and i'm kinda sleepy, so said i'd play Number of the Beats before i head for bed, and I bloody well 5 Stared it, wohoo :)

Prolly won't be playing this tomorrow as getting Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles tomorrow, but if it looks like i'm gonna fly through that game i might come back to this to help extend the time on REUC before i finish it. Hell i still got 18 stars left to find on Mario Galaxy too, arg, 3 games in 3 weeks, have we ever had it this good? But then nothing till January... but that's good the break will give me more time to finish these games, yay

Finally Did one on hard, got past that annoying solo....just got to do Raining Blood and it's doing my head in, the solo bit at thebegiging is getting on my nerves i'm never going to bloody do it...ok i said that about one too but got it, but i knowi 'm not gonig to do this, bloody inability to double strum *Curses his hand*

I've figured out the main flaw with these guitars. Making them have detachable necks has ruined the game for me.

Doing the most simplest of songs, When we were young on Medium. Could have easily 100% notes. What does it do, the pressing it down but it's not coming on the screen. If you check the neck of the guitar it can slide up and down the slitest of bits. Either it's just my guitar or the creators actually suck.

Aww, I had a request from The Cooky but it was just as I was going into my medium Tom Morello battle and I was all pumped up from 5starring barracuda, then when I went to see if the match was still there it was gone. I set up another for a few minutes, but then had to depart anyway. I did manage to beat Tom though, so that's good :)

What's with all the multiplayer options when setting up a match, and what's the differences between them(well, i guess co-op is obvious, but what's a face-off and pro face-off?)?

Right Flameboy, I've sent a notification as I wanna be part of the N-europe britrock tour so hook me up :)

This is deffo a game where you can actually feel yourself improving at the game. Lovely stuff.

And I really don't know if playing the guitar helps. I play both giuitar and piano and I think it only helps at possibly understanding a beat, nothing more.

My wrist still hurts :wtf:

Ok I hooked you up my friend, you are now a member.

I've figured out the main flaw with these guitars. Making them have detachable necks has ruined the game for me.

Doing the most simplest of songs, When we were young on Medium. Could have easily 100% notes. What does it do, the pressing it down but it's not coming on the screen. If you check the neck of the guitar it can slide up and down the slitest of bits. Either it's just my guitar or the creators actually suck.

think it's just you mate, the neck of mine doesn't move at all when in place, and have had no issues with the buttons

Lmao :P Good old Uncyclopedia.

A normal face off is where you take it in turns to do bits of the song.

A pro face off is where you both do the entire song and see who gets the best score. You can't fail in pro face off mode, and I don't think you can fail in normal face off either.

Stefkov, the 360 version has reported a lot of problems with the wireless guitar. Thankfully, the Wii version seems to have escaped those issues.