NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Anyone else noticed the modem socket at the bottom of the guitar? No idea what that can be used for :S

Assuming its the same as the one on the GH2 controller its for an effects pedal should they decide to bring one out.

Assuming its the same as the one on the GH2 controller its for an effects pedal should they decide to bring one out.

yeah I've often heard this being touted as the next step for the GH series. I'm still struggling through on medium, only done the 1st gig can't do any of the next songs, my main problem isn't the speed but just I struggle using my little finger to quickly press the blue button and end up moving my other fingers which then screws me up...

Youll get there. Youll get to the point where you're moving your hand all over the place! :)

SRSLY I was a GHn00b but it is astounding how far one comes.

ok holy hell, i just seen a vid on Youtube of a guy playing Dragonforce on expert, i am in awe... and the realisation that i prolly won't even finish hard mode (progress report: i just barely beat the encore of the first gig, with an almight 35,000 points or something pitiful like that, shitting at the prospect of the first boss battle though, if it get there i reckon i'll be stuck there well into the new year)

Seriously though you guys who can play expert mode, do ye also play real guitars.... or did ye sell yer souls to the devil or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg

Lol, I'm still stuck on the final boss battle on medium... Finished every other song though :) And I completed 1 song on hard, yay! I still want to beat Lou (that's his name, right?), if I'm not mistaken you can buy his char after that, so that would look really cool when going online :awesome:

Prolly will never beat expert though, after seeing that youtube vid :p

ok holy hell, i just seen a vid on Youtube of a guy playing Dragonforce on expert, i am in awe... and the realisation that i prolly won't even finish hard mode (progress report: i just barely beat the encore of the first gig, with an almight 35,000 points or something pitiful like that, shitting at the prospect of the first boss battle though, if it get there i reckon i'll be stuck there well into the new year)

Seriously though you guys who can play expert mode, do ye also play real guitars.... or did ye sell yer souls to the devil or something?

You think that's awesome? Then wait till you see a 9 year old do it!

:)

*Laughs* the guy is a badman. :grin:

I play Expert, and I do play real guitar. And I think that playing GH has helped my guitar ability, and playing guitar has helped my GH ability.

ok this is unnatural, i just beat Morello on Hard on my 2nd attempt, WTF? I was stuck on him for ages on medium, i thought it would take me ages more on Hard?

I'm actually surprised i'm doing so well on Hard and by that i mean well as in just finishing the song... the scores are pretty poor on most of them... but i did just get over 100,000 on both Bulls on Parade and When You Were Young, however Bulls on Parade was weird, it only used the orange button in like one section which kinda made it a fair bit easier... doubt i'll be able to 5 star many songs on hard... but you never know.... still tryin to 5 star that damned Raining Blood on medium :mad:

ok now i'm really depressed :heh:

that vid reminded me though, i saw a few pages back someone talk about alt-strumming, i can't bloody well do it, i've tried it especially on Raining Blood for some reason i miss loads more notes when i alt strum than when i just strum down:heh:

Is this game for anyone or do you really need to be into the music and playing a guitar?

Is this game for anyone or do you really need to be into the music and playing a guitar?

Well, it probably wouldn't be much good if you didn't like guitar music, but there's no need for you to know how to play a guitar or anything.

I'd say if you're into DDR and the premise of music games this is a no-brainer. Most fun I've had in ages. Especially online against some total legends.

I'd say if you're into DDR and the premise of music games this is a no-brainer. Most fun I've had in ages. Especially online against some total legends.

I hate it when people liken GH to DDR, personally. The resemblance? Moving colours.

Essentially mapping colours to beats then yes. It is similar.

DDR: Move your feet when colours on screen.

GH: Move your hands when colours on screen.

IMO.

Yeah. But whenever I think of DDR I think of those...really...crazy people who mash their feet around, whereas--

Oh..I see your point.

Yeah. But whenever I think of DDR I think of those...really...crazy people who mash their feet around, whereas--

Oh..I see your point.

haha, i can tottally see you coming to a realization there, hahaha

I'm not much into DDR, for two reasons: 1 I got two left feet (not literally but you know what i mean) and 2 the songs on it (from what i've heard in arcades anyway) are always crappy "pop" songs :mad:

Had a great online match earlier.

Rules were:

Pro face off

Hard

Scores:------------Me---------Other guy

'Cant be saved' --173,586-------169,894

'Impulse' ---------173,290-------173,979

'F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X'--115,555--------115,002

All very close matches and both of us were in the lead many times :P

I'll go hang myself now..

:P

That kid is crazy good, fair play to him.

I've hardly played this game, and already my guitar is broke :( I look after it really well, but for some reason my wah wah bar has stopped working!?! What the fuck is that all about? Anybody had similar problems or can help in any way?

I've hardly played this game, and already my guitar is broke :( I look after it really well, but for some reason my wah wah bar has stopped working!?! What the fuck is that all about? Anybody had similar problems or can help in any way?

Mine stopped working for a few mins then it just started working again next song.

make sure whammy isn't in when turning the console on. also see whammy option in menu...it helps. simple really =>

Yeah, make sure you aren't holding down the whammy when you turn on your console. I did it the other day, took me a while to figure out what was going on :P

If you do turn it on with it reset, restart the game/console.

In other news:

I did it! Raining Blood on Expert has been defeated! :D

Now only the Devil to go..

(And bloody F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X, which I know I can do, so I'm not too bothered about it at the moment. That, and Dragonforce...I might leave TTFATF for a bit though :P)