NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

TAKE IT EEEEASYY!

I completed Co-op mode earlier with my sister using the guitar and me on the Wiimote. Meh.

TAKE IT EEEEASYY!

I completed Co-op mode earlier with my sister using the guitar and me on the Wiimote. Meh.

How does it work with the Wiimote? Strumming, etc.

How does it work with the Wiimote? Strumming, etc.

If its like the PS2 one then you dont have to strum at all.

If its like the PS2 one then you dont have to strum at all.

It is diffcult to use thw wii remote instead of the guitar as I have that the buttons are all over the place.

Then the no struming, why couldn't they use the B button for strumming

You tap the buttons, no strumming involved. The button config is:

B - Green

Up on D-Pad - Red

A - Yellow

1 - Blue

2 - Orange

Left on D-Pad - Star Power

Shake Wiimote - Whammy Bar

Yeah, hope so. Cant really take it back to HMV due to packaging. Ill look into it and report back. :heh:

As long as you have the receipt you can still take it back to HMV surely?

No seriously, nothing at all happened to it, I was playing it on easy on lefty flip (Upside down on my bed, so it was just like playing easy lol) and it just stopped clicking. I was annoyed.

Do you think I should write off?

Mine sometimes doesn't click, but it still registers the strum. :S

My Whammy bar is a tad loose too.

I finally got this game.. Thank Jesus for Christmas =P

Already completed the game on Medium.. I'll seriously have to make the next-door kid come over to complete Easy for me... its to damn slow and has to few notes for me to even be able to play.

I'll be waiting in the Guitar Hero III Friends Codes thread for challenges ^^,

Guys i'm struggling to adjust to using 5 buttons...

Anyone got any tips? Cos Hard mode is OWNING me atm.

Guys i'm struggling to adjust to using 5 buttons...

Anyone got any tips? Cos Hard mode is OWNING me atm.

Do you do the fingering so your fingers are on red, yellow , blue then orange and you move the first finger up to green? It's really just a matter of adjusting to it.

Best advise I can give is play through some of medium again, but using the finger you would do on hard. It means you don't have to worry about orange yet and you can get used to moving your hand up and down for the green notes and chords.

Excellent game! Really glad I got it. Hvae played it for a good 3 hours so far :) Considering I'm mainly into music from the 60's 70 and 80's, I really like the tunes in this game!

Just beat Knights of Cydonia on hard, took a bit of practise but wasn't that bad. Think before I move onto expect I'm gonna have to go back and 5 star alot of these songs though :/.

Gonna finish hard first though.

It also helps if you're a drummer, and can keep time, strangely. What with it being a rhythm game and all :D

Oh man this game is too good. Still, DLC is a must have for me, I'd love to see it on the Wii in future.

Also, welsh_gamer, add my friend code and we can play some time. Same goes for everyone else that got the game today! Send me a PM if you're adding me : peace:

Edit: And don't forget to link your account on guitarhero.com and join the N-E tour group :D

http://www.guitarhero.com

http://www.guitarhero.com/accounts/2910

http://www.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/210089

It also helps if you're a drummer, and can keep time, strangely. What with it being a rhythm game and all :D

Im miles better than my brother and hes really good on drums :D

Im mega stuck on lou boss battle on hard. Dont think il ever be able to do it :/

Ohhh man, pwning people online is sooo much fun..

At first I only met people who played Easy and so that I wouldn't choose Hard and get beaten because I made a few more mistakes, I also chose Easy, but I end up loosing because I almost fall alseep.

But then out of nowhere comes this dude who picks Expert. I go along and think "YES! FINALLY! Some competition!"

I select Bulls On Parade and My Name is Jonas (my favorite songs on GH3). And then I feel like a 5 ton block falls on my head. The guy picks Through the Fire and Flames two times!.

And the Bulls On Parade starts playing, I rock as hard as I can, and in the end I actually beat the guy pretty badly. And then, after Bulls On Parade, Through the Fire and Flames begins and I end up totally owning his ass xD

I was laughing so hard :P

I got 60-something percent and he only got near 50 xP

I LOVE this game ^^,

hhahaha... beat Knights of Cydonia on Hard yesterday was great, was starting to flash and i knew the song was almost over, surprised i made it to the end and just beat Before I Forget on Hard too

Now just that damned 3's and 7's, still can't get past 15% :heh:

And still trying to get that 5 star on Raining Blood on medium, my it is eluding me for so damn long

EDIT:

Just looking at the guitar hero website, at the tour group and then my own profile and noticed a new section on my profile page where it says all songs you've played and shows your high score, notes hit and star ratings etc.

Problem is on the default list it starts with easy mode, and on the first gig for mine it only lists 3 songs and one of them is only 3 stars, and I know for sure I would have played all those songs on easy and i know i have a 5 star on all songs on easy.

WTF?

... Oh and I managed a 5 star on My Name is Jonas on Hard.. WOhooo awesome stuff, love the hammer-on/pull-off sections on that one

Does anyone else get the illusion of everything around you getting bigger after a playing a song staring into the screen? Like when you look into a hypno disc kind of thing and then look away? It feels really horrible.

It's even more kickass on expert, I love the HOPO on it :D

I tried that on quickplay awhile ago....did not last too long, like 10% i think :heh:

Anyway, progress report.....I BEAT 3's & 7's on Hard mode... YAY :yay:

Man that was great when i finally started nailing that intro (and it's repeated sections through the song...well not nailed 100% but enough to not fail) most of the other sections kinda fell into place, there was a few shakey moments towards the end though, went flashing red a few times surprised i pulled myself back.

My had is bloody killing me now though and i think i'm getting a blister on my left thumb :heh:

Beat Cult of Personality first time, good song, just tried Cliffs of Dover on the last gig, failed at 25%...but i think i'll rest my hand a while before trying again... still don't think i could do expert mode though, done Slow Ride on it, but that'll prolly be it

Does anyone else get the illusion of everything around you getting bigger after a playing a song staring into the screen? Like when you look into a hypno disc kind of thing and then look away? It feels really horrible.

Guitar Hero Effect, it's awesome :D

Nope, but when I was in bed last night, my fingers on my left hand were moving as if they were pressing the face buttons on the guitar on their own!

No but something that does happen to me that i meaning to ask for a while.

When listening to a song on the radio or your MP3 player maybe when your out somewhere (in car, walking round, at work), does anyone else "see" coloured circles falling in front of them?

And if it's while i'm walking round listen to my MP3 player my left hand fingers will be moving trying to hit the circles as they fall :heh:

(ps: if we get DLC which I hope we do...and soon... i hope we get some trivium, i can imagine some of their songs going pretty damned good)