N-Europe

Superbowl XLI

Guest Stefkov

Guest Stefkov

I also heard 1 billion are going to watch it. I've been wanting to watch a Superbowl for many years, but I havnt, this will be my first superbowl, the whole way through.

Next season, I plan to watch all of the matches that are shown.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently 1 billion are to be watching, wow. I really feel like getting into a new sport (to watch) as the only ones I really watch with interest are Football, Boxing and occasionally Tennis.

I got into it last year and the rules are really really simple, the only thing that is confusing are the plays the coaches use but you dont need to understand them to enjoy the game.

COLTS ALL THE WAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Im really excited.

You guys reckon it's a good time to start (trying) to get into it?

Without a doubt. I saw my first game about 17 years ago and have been hooked ever since.

I don't know if you have Sky Sports or not , but as it's going to be your first game you may be best served by watching it on ITV anyway. That particular commentary feed is more geared towards those who don't watch the sport a lot/if ever * and you may get a better understanding of the sport as a result.

Although you will get a far better analysis from Sky and HD pictures too (if available to you).

* not meant to be demeaning in anyway but I feel you may enjoy it more that way.

The venue is pre-determined a few years in advance by the league.

As long as it is held in an indoor stadium or a warm weather city those a really th only deciding factors.

The reason being that the game itself is used as a massive marketing/corporate event so this gives the opportunity to have all the pre-game , half-time spectacles that are now a major part of the event.

This is my one major gripe with the game as I believe the sport is essentially an outside game and should be played in conditions that truly reflect that. Obviously my support of the Seahawks (outdoor and rainy) may reflect this opinion.

if you're watching it on sky sports I would suggest pressing the red button to get the american comentary, so much better than the Brittish comentators.

Edit: Ignore that, they're doing the American comentary ont he main show. It was the other way round last year.

The venue is pre-determined a few years in advance by the league.

As long as it is held in an indoor stadium or a warm weather city those a really th only deciding factors.

The reason being that the game itself is used as a massive marketing/corporate event so this gives the opportunity to have all the pre-game , half-time spectacles that are now a major part of the event.

This is my one major gripe with the game as I believe the sport is essentially an outside game and should be played in conditions that truly reflect that. Obviously my support of the Seahawks (outdoor and rainy) may reflect this opinion.

Thanks. I suppose they can't have something like Wembley because of the size of the country and need to move to different parts to be fair

Personally I'd rather watch a few adverts than watch them all stand around and talk in between plays and in timeouts.

I don't really understand American Football but its this in between plays and timeouts you mention that annoy me. Stop, start, stop start. I just can't get into it. :smile:

I also heard 1 billion are going to watch it.

1 billion people wont be watching it. Population of the US is about 350 million, yeah? Not even all of them will be watching it, hardly anyone outside the US and Canada will be watching it.

The World Cup Final only got about 400 million views this year and its a much more international event than this.

Guest Stefkov
I have had this on for like 10 - 15 minutes and it has gone to 3 advert breaks... what a joke.

How can I get into a game that has this many advert breaks and also stops and starts so much during play. It's so boring.

Its how they get their, money breaks every few minutes.

Cant believe how quick it started. Most turnovers in a superbowl is 11, they're gonna beat that tonight.

I enjoy Madden immensily, and yet I find the actual sport so sinfully dull to watch. I tried the one last year and almost gerotted myself after twenty minutes.

I'm also trying to imagine where the other 550mil viewers are coming from. It's difficult to imagine more then about 30 people watching across all of Europe.