NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
THE ganondorflol

Zelda or Mario?

you know there are times where i think you are respectable and then you make a comment like that on a nintendo forum?

I'm sorry for saying I don't absolutely love everything Nintendo make. Sure, some in the list are good. Sunshine is rubbish, tho. and MK64 is quite boring. And if you include Yoshi games, you missed Yoshi's Story, that was ace. NSMB is better than most of those games in my opinion. I just never liked the old Mario's much. Sonic was much better.

I'm sorry for saying I don't absolutely love everything Nintendo make. Sure, some in the list are good. Sunshine is rubbish, tho. and MK64 is quite boring. And if you include Yoshi games, you missed Yoshi's Story, that was ace. NSMB is better than most of those games in my opinion. I just never liked the old Mario's much. Sonic was much better.

new super mario bros sucks,sunshine is awesome but not as good as 64.you also mentioned yoshi's story sigh...mk64 is cool too.im getting the impression you dont like games that challange you?I bet you hate metroid too?could be wrong

Sonic had 4 platformers in the 16bit era whereas mario had 1 and another spin off(yoshi's island)you cant really compare them but if you did..

supermario world is probably bigger than all those sonic games conbined.

it was more challanging

had more moves than sonic

didnt have to hold right all the time

Sonic was not better and certainly isnt now

Sonic was appalling, I truly don't like those games. Mario had it all, and Sunshine is criminally underrated.

im getting the impression you dont like games that challange you?I bet you hate metroid too?could be wrong

I've loved all the Metroids I've played, bar the original. And F-Zero GX is one of my favourite games. Sunshine was so good I lost all interest in it after 5 shines...haven't gone back to it since (got it second hand for £5). I like games I enjoy. Simple as that.

I just never loved Mario games, except Super Mario 64. Is that allowed?

I've loved all the Metroids I've played, bar the original. And F-Zero GX is one of my favourite games. Sunshine was so good I lost all interest in it after 5 shines...haven't gone back to it since (got it second hand for £5). I like games I enjoy. Simple as that.

I just never loved Mario games, except Super Mario 64. Is that allowed?

after 5 shines?oh dear.Well why not actually play the game for more than 10 minutes

after 5 shines?oh dear.Well why not actually play the game for more than 10 minutes

Why play something you hate when you can play something else?

new super mario bros sucks,sunshine is awesome but not as good as 64.you also mentioned yoshi's story sigh...mk64 is cool too.im getting the impression you dont like games that challange you?I bet you hate metroid too?could be wrong

Sonic had 4 platformers in the 16bit era whereas mario had 1 and another spin off(yoshi's island)you cant really compare them but if you did..

supermario world is probably bigger than all those sonic games conbined.

it was more challanging

had more moves than sonic

didnt have to hold right all the time

Sonic was not better and certainly isnt now

Anyone claiming that Sonic is 'better' than Mario is a bit of a moron. Mario has redefined the world of gaming on several occasions, something Sonic has never and will never do. His 2D efforts were decent games, his 3D efforts were appalling and actually get worse with each new game.

Mario is something special, that's why since the days of the SNES he's only had one game per system, each being a masterpiece of gaming.

Sonic was appalling, I truly don't like those games. Mario had it all, and Sunshine is criminally underrated.

As always, you are correct. And yes, Sunshine is an AWESOME game, it makes any of the Sonic 3D efforts look like a total joke.

As always, you are correct. And yes, Sunshine is an AWESOME game, it makes any of the Sonic 3D efforts look like a total joke.
I prefered Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 to Sunshine!

I don't think Sunshine's all that great!

With regards to Bowser/Story/Ending etc... what were they thinking!! :nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ASXvQdTkM

good mario games:

super mario land,

Super Mario Land: The Six Golden Coins, was also a pretty good game

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (technically a Wario game though), is AWESOME!

ah come on.I never played the first but gameplay wise super mario sunshine rules over it.Sonic adventure 2 was the bigger game but was so flawed,camera,and only 1/3 of the game was fun.Stupid voice acting as well as sunshine

and ya i know wario land was awesome but as you said its a wario game so i didnt include it

I have never really learn to like 2D Zelda games, but Mario games were my childhood favourites. At the late 1990's I got Ocarina of Time and since then Zelda has been my favourite series.

Get real! The camera was so appalling in those games it ruined the experience. What's more the bits where you had to find the gems with Knuckles were appalling.

I would agree with that - the Sonic/Shadow levels were ace, so the other parts were quite rubbish - but the Sonic/Shadow parts were more frequent than the non-FLUDD Parts of Sunshine.

Get real! The camera was so appalling in those games it ruined the experience. What's more the bits where you had to find the gems with Knuckles were appalling.

Well I agree with Retro_Link and Cube!

Sonic Adventure 2 especially was a quality game, perhaps let down by the hunting missions and the dodgy camera but the overall package was probably better than Mario Sunshine, at least in my opinion it is. Also the Chao garden stuff more than makes up for the dodgy camera - love those little guys!

The 2D Sonics rock... (1, 2 & 3 anyway, and the Advances are OKAY, and Rush is decent)...Anyone who says all you do is hold right is a complete and utter idiot!!

It's only fun when you hold right the whole time. The bits where you don't a painfully bad.

I got rush and the first three worlds where alright as you only had to hold right the whole time, but then it got to world 4 and it completely changed and I haven't been able to play it since.

i cant stand sonic rush.the music went through my head and as fanman said Lierally most of the time you hold right.Sonic 3 broke that trend but then it came back again.

Sonic 3 is the best for one player.Sonic 2 is the best overall

'underrated' isn't the word I'd use! It's a fun game though. Compare it to the general wealth any other platformer offers, and it's a much more rounded game, without any flaws that I can think of in terms of bugs and whatnot.

... I think the main Issue I've got with mario is the whole 'kiddie' appeal. I mean, sure, no 6 year old is going to complete any mario game 100%, but why can't the whole game be made with teenagers+ in mind? We don't need all the tutorials, we don't need the child-like talking to mushrooms. I dunno. mario's fun but not ultimately engaging.

I guess Zelda's a better series for that! I don't think there's a 6 year old on the planet who;d be able to get past the water temple of OoT :P

Oh, and somebody said something about a mario timeline - well it's not quite a timeline, but gamesTM did a sort of 'family tree' of mario games in an old issue. I'd tell you which one precisely but most of my issues aren't at my uni place.

I think people are too quick to forget exactly waht Mario has done for video games and exactly how wonderful all his games are. From the first time I played Super Mario Bros. as a store demo in Toys R Us as a kid, to the anticipation of Super Mario Bros. 3, to the ground breaking vast quest of Super Mario World and the ground breaking experience that was Super Mario 64. Not to mention the days of my life I spent glued to other Mario games especially Mario Kart - the multiplayer madness never ended.

I know what Mario has done for gaming,and don't get me wrong I love the games such as Mario 64 and Sunshine and the 2D and Karts,but the poor guy is just getting milked now and it sucks.

Gotta love Mario Kart multiplayer,never get bored of it.

I know what Mario has done for gaming,and don't get me wrong I love the games such as Mario 64 and Sunshine and the 2D and Karts,but the poor guy is just getting milked now and it sucks.

Gotta love Mario Kart multiplayer,never get bored of it.

One thing I don't like is that fact he's got tennis, golf and football games. I don;t think Mario Party is any good either. I think he's had his name tarnished by being attached to everything and anything.

He should have stuck to what he's good at and maybe Kart and RPG. As for the sport series, Nintendo should've developed their own genuine sports series, like Sega did.

One thing I don't like is that fact he's got tennis, golf and football games. I don;t think Mario Party is any good either. I think he's had his name tarnished by being attached to everything and anything.

He should have stuck to what he's good at and maybe Kart and RPG. As for the sport series, Nintendo should've developed their own genuine sports series, like Sega did.

Yea that's pretty much my view on it and I agree that Nintendo should of just made there on sports series instead of killing poor Mario :(

I hope they'll just stop with all the sports stuff so Mario he can sort of get his "status" back up cause it's ruining his image.

Mario Tennis on n64 was an awesome game though.

Mario Party is the true villain.

Yea that's pretty much my view on it and I agree that Nintendo should of just made there on sports series instead of killing poor Mario :(

I hope they'll just stop with all the sports stuff so Mario he can sort of get his "status" back up cause it's ruining his image.

Here's a list of games Mario has been in, (not all of them are 'Mario' games, some of these appearances are just cameos)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mario_games_by_year

I think Mario has been milked dry in many ways. It's sad.

Sign in to follow this