NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
THE ganondorflol

When we are dead.

Our spirit moves on to a baby, which is either born or concevied at the time we die, and so, we start a brand new life.
What's the point? If you don't remember the other life, then you're as good as gone forever. I could tell you that my new born neice is your great, great, great, great grandmother - but if we don't know it and she has no memories, in what way is it still that person?

I don't know what happens after death, I want to believe in some kind of heaven. Ever seen "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams? Now that would be ideal, but I can't deny it's so perfect an idea that it's unrealistic. To me, any afterlife where you can't remember your life or who you are, may as well be the end of your existence, because I believe that we are our memories. Also the heaven in the Lovely Bones would be great. As long as you remember who you are.

What's with the influx of grim threads though? The meaning of life, things we're scared of, life after death - everyone's so down these days.

If that's how you feel, well then i truly pity you.

And I envy you for believing in something else.

I suppose it depends upon your believes. As I said, I believe you just cease to exist, and thats certainly something I'm not looking forward to.

But if you cease to exist, then you shouldn't worry about it either- there won't be a you to worry.

I don't think its very fair to judge people on what they believe.

I don't really have a belief as such, try to view life as a bigger picture, and focus less on the negatives. Enjoy it while i can :)

Just don't shove your religion in my face or i get angry. =P

My brain will not accept that i will just cease to excist when i die.

You don't cease to exist, you just stop thinking at all.

Gee, your a happy person. 'We just die'. Now I'm really looking forward to it. Still, you d not know that at all.

Well neither do you...baka!!!

Do you all honestly believe that? I find it very difficult to comprehend that we just -stop- existing.

Yes, I do...It's not that hard to understand that once your brain powers down then you can't think anything etc etc etc.

If that's how you feel, well then i truly pity you.

That's because you're a brainwashed Christian

And I envy you for believing in something else.

LOL;):bowdown:

There is no point.

Yes there is. The true purpose of life is simple: to continue the species.

I don't think it's really worth thinking about. If you die, you are not alive anymore, so that means that this physical world is left behind. I'll let myself be surprised I guess.

Anyway, I 'believe' (I hate the religious undertone in that) there is nothing though. There's no reason for us to have a 'spirit' that can pass itself on into heaven/rebirth, so why would we have one? If you're dead, your brain dies, and so does you conscience. The end.

If you're dead, your brain dies, and so does you conscience. End of you.

My point exactly.

That's because you're a brainwashed Christian

That's a bit harsh. It's my choice to believe in what I want just as it is yours to believe in whatever it is you believe.

Just because I am a Christian doesn't mean I am brainwashed.

:nono:

Is January the depression month?

I remember being told, whenever someone dies a baby is born. I used to think that the dead person's soul/mind/personality has gone into the baby. However it knows nothing of the other persons life. It just knows it likes carrots etc, is shy etc.

But lives a totally different life.

It generally means you're a bit close-minded...

It generally means you're a bit close-minded...

Thats awfully presumptuous of you.

If you're dead, your brain dies, and so does you conscience. The end.

Then why were we here in the first place? Who put us here? Why does the Earth exist, with dirt that feeds plants, plants that make air and grow food we can eat... what's the point in the existence of anything (I'm not going to say "the meaning of life", because that's the other thread, but rather the meaning of everything, dead, alive, stone, flesh, molecules and atoms) if it simply stops existing one day?

Also I feel that the human mind is way too complicated to be entirely scientific. Our conscience can't just be something that's defined by electric patterns, nerves and muscles. If everything were scientific, we wouldn't have evolved to have feelings that are of no benefit to our efficiency or self-preservation - like anger, bitterness, sadness, depression, thoughtfulness. All we'd need is a sexual instinct and big claws to fight off predators. I honestly don't think science can explain the human being, which is a grain of hope I have that our minds won't just abruptly disappear when we die.

^ What he said.

But it's generally true.

You can't generalize like that.

Oh wait.....

All Muslims are terrorists aren't they?

That's a bit harsh. It's my choice to believe in what I want just as it is yours to believe in whatever it is you believe.

I'm sure that's what the Nazi's and extremist muslims* think too:indeed:

*and normal ones

Then why were we here in the first place? Who put us here? Why does the Earth exist?

To answer your questions in order, to reproduce and continue the species, why do we have to be put here, and have you ever heard of gravity?

Then why were we here in the first place? Who put us here? Why does the Earth exist, with dirt that feeds plants, plants that make air and grow food we can eat... what's the point in the existence of anything (I'm not going to say "the meaning of life", because that's the other thread, but rather the meaning of everything, dead, alive, stone, flesh, molecules and atoms) if it simply stops existing one day?

Also I feel that the human mind is way too complicated to be entirely scientific. Our conscience can't just be something that's defined by electric patterns, nerves and muscles. If everything were scientific, we wouldn't have evolved to have feelings that are of no benefit to our efficiency or self-preservation - like anger, bitterness, sadness, depression, thoughtfulness. All we'd need is a sexual instinct and big claws to fight off predators. I honestly don't think science can explain the human being, which is a grain of hope I have that our minds won't just abruptly disappear when we die.

Actually.....Psychology can 'explain' A LOT of that.

Oh wait.....

All Muslims are terrorists aren't they?

And I said that when?

They are probably all close-minded, but they aren't all terrorists, idiot.

I'm sure that's what the Nazi's and extremist muslims* think too:indeed:

*and normal ones

Oh! Okay i think I have it now......I think I'm getting the picture here.

Christians are like Nazi's and Muslim extremists.

Religion is bad.

Not believing in anything is right.

When we die...nothing.

What a load of complete bollox.

Yes there is. The true purpose of life is simple: to continue the species.

The existence of said species is pointless. So, whats the point in continuing it?

Sign in to follow this