NEurope
Cube

ScarFace: The World is Yours

well with this being half price in gamestation and a few people having already bought it...thought I'd resurrect the thread. I picked it up today looking forward to digging into it.

I bought it when it came out and played it a bit but thought it sucked so exchanged it the other week for £15 at game.

really that bad? I havn't played it yet...but good to know I could all but make my money back.

Guess its an acquired taste - I loved Godfather but just didn't enjoy scarface at all!

What's the diference between this and Scarface?

I Love Godfather, so i might like this one too :o

i loved this game. Infact its probably my favourate game on my Wii. Enjoyed this more than Metroid.

Not saying its better just enjoyed it more.

What's the diference between this and Scarface?

I Love Godfather, so i might like this one too :o

I guess you'd like this then. My reason for having never got Godfather was purely because I never got into the films, but love the Scarface movie so a chance to continue the story at a budget price could not be missed, as I didn't think it was worth paying full price for a game thats been out so long on other consoles already.

Scarface is my favourite "free-roaming crime" game. It's worth a purchase at a budget price.

I got the game months ago, It was great fun and I enjoyed it, but at the end it became like a chore so I haven't beaten it 100%.

lol, ok.

I Will try to buy this one too when i pass the Godfather and the Mario Party 8

It is a good game, i got it on X-Box and have beaten it 100%. There are Sharks in the game if you stay in the water too long.

I quite like all the swearing in it and the fact that you can decapitate people, but unlike GTA you cannot kill anyone that takes your fancy. Taking over gangs and doing drug runs is the best way to raise cash in the game, you can get roughly 2 million from some places.

but unlike GTA you cannot kill anyone that takes your fancy.

Take control of the driver, merc or assassin. You can then kill who you want.

I adores The Godafther for it's absolutely fab motion controls and ease of play. The missions were pretty humorous too. However, I really didn't like Scarface as the camera system (pointing at the screen the entire time) just didn't do it for me and it made my wrist hurt after long play sessions. However, I really liked the beginning yet it seemed to pile so much onto the player that I actually felt lost.

Yet I can understand why people would like this. Takes a lot of effort and commitment though, and I died way more than in Godfather.

I really didn't like Scarface as the camera system (pointing at the screen the entire time) just didn't do it for me and it made my wrist hurt after long play sessions

The camera system in Scarface was fine as you didn't have to point at the screen the entire time.

Pointing to the screen all the time?

Damn!!!

For the screenshots, it looked so good :S

Nope. If you pointed off screen, the camera will centre itself behind Tony. So it's completely fine for walking around wile not pointing at the screen. Driving was fine without pointing at the screen, too.

Hum, for me Godfather is better because of the movie (i love Godfather) and the sistem of intimidation :)

i think i probably like this game so much as im a huge scarface fan.

Best film ever in my opinion.

Damn!!!

For the screenshots, it looked so good :S

Well, I don't have Scarface (I have Godfather and Scarface never seemed good to me) but in Metroid Prime 3 you point at the screen the entire time, so what's the big deal? :wtf:

Well, I don't have Scarface (I have Godfather and Scarface never seemed good to me) but in Metroid Prime 3 you point at the screen the entire time, so what's the big deal? :wtf:

lol, i was being ironic xD

Anyway, as i said earlier, i like the style of Godfather but i hate the Scarface style, it looks like another GTA :\

Well I think this game is about to become my fastest trade in ever...Just not enjoying it..played it for a good 7/8 hours (yesterday was playing it for 3 in a row) and whilst I think it does a fantastic job at depicting the Scarface world, I just feel it is boring and repetitive with regards to mission structure and reused mission ideas. it's boring constantly running up leads to get supply.

I do like hiring people etc... and love the feeling of working for yourself and feeling like you are really going somewhere in the world and moving up,,,,

I also think some of things are over complicated like the police heat and gang heat systems there seems to be too much to them when there doesn't need to be. GTA's system is a much better way of dealing with it.

Think I'm gonna go trade it in for endless ocean instead.