NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

Favourite Zelda and why.

Same as mario thread but with zelda.I'm not the biggest fan of zelda games.o really like them but not as much as most of ye.

Link to the past wins it for me.So many dungeons and is much more fast paced than the rest which i love.Plus it is challenging.

Link's Awakening DX. Not only is it bloody brilliant, but it was my first zelda game so it has a place in my heart.

I'd give Ocarina a 7. Wind Waker is my fave, unless I get into Twilight Princess.

I'll just bung 'em all in order of preference, Favourite first.

Twilight Princess - Majora's Mask - Wind Waker - Minish Cap - Four Swords Adventures - Links Awakening DX - Ocarina of Time - Legend of Zelda - Adventure of Link.

I'll add ALttP in ther somewhere when I play it (when it reaches the VC), and the Oracle games when I get them.

I like Majora's Mask the best, then Wind Waker....Those 2 seem to have more character than the others.

Then it'd be Ocarina, then Twilight Princess.

It's hard to place the 2D Zeldas into that list, especially as I haven't played the Oracles, or LA(DX).

As I said, I like Majora's Mask the best as it has a lot of character and as the game is based around Clock Town, you spend a lot of time there and get to know the residents and their way of life. If also has the best difficulty.

Wind Waker would win if the bosses were a little harder, the last part of the game was a couple of dungeons (rather than sailing & paying Tingle), and if the final fight was....decent. The great things WW did bring to the table was the amazing character of the game itself, and the lovable characters in it.

The whole "Sploosh, Kaboom" thing actually brought tears to my eyes.

I also feel that Wind Waker had the best dungeons of the 4 3D Zeldas.

OOT does come third, but the ones above it wouldn't be rated so highly without it. The whole story of WW links to OOT and the past, and MM has characters you already know. I did feel that the controls for OOT could be a lil frustrating during certain parts of the game (Bongo Bongo springs to mind the most). I don't really know what else to write about it, the Hyrule was great in that game, and you could call Epona whenever you wanted as Adult Link once you'd won her; instead of only being able to call her whenever you want near the end of the game *coughtpcough*.

Twilight Princess has some amazing parts and stumbles at others. Wolf Link was kinda pants and there could have been more links to the 'timeline' added.

Random sentence: Hyrule seems to have changed a lot, possibly due to seismic activities.

Twilight Princess lacked character and 'characters'; the only places/people that there seemed to be was the Gorons, the kids of Ordon, the Postman, the gay clowns.....and that's it (appart from the Explorer group & those soldiers).

Kakariko was inhabited by 3 people, Hyrule was boring (appart from the Gorons & the shop owned by that Ordon baby - who was the coolest of the Ordonians), the Zora were the Zora and the other place was a village inhabited by 20 cats, a chicken and a woman soon to peg it.

The dungeons also lacked the oompf (sp?:heh:) the WW ones had (not that they were rubbish, some were pretty great and clever).

The game was however awesome in a lot of respects and people shouldn't think I hated the game, as I really did enjoy it. The weapons were good and the Yetis were also cool, as were Zant & Ganondorf. And the Final battle(s) was one of the best ever.

I just felt that overall the game and even the enemies lacked the character from the other games (especially the town).

Oh yeah...The Hidden skills were an excellent addition aswell, especially since WW Link's ones were added as proper moves rather than 'press A now'.

END:):heh:

I'm going to have to say Ocarina Of Time, as it is the only Zelda game I have managed to complete. Normally I'd be halfway through a game but then we'll buy a new game, start playing the new game and forget about the old game. But Ocarina made me go back to it more than once. (btw it was the N64 version of Ocarina that I completed.)

Its such a close call between Links Awakening and Majora's Mask that I'm not sure I can decide it.

Links Awakening had more emotion in it than any other, though maybe it numbed me from allowing any of the rest to get to me like it did. :( Who knew a ship wreck could lead to so much? Koholint Island is a place of wonder. The painter, Cat Fish's Maw, Turtle Rock, the Racoon at the beginning and the Wind Fish at the end. Its a pity that this game doesnt relate more to other Zelda's - was it the same owl in OoT? But it did create the Marin and Tarin legacy of characters.

Majora's Mask is a classic Zelda and a game I will never forget. You all know how it goes - Link falls through to a parallel world, Termina. Populated by the inhabitants of OoT Hyrule, something that made it all the better and somehow endeared the characters to you all the more. Three days to save them, a ton of chores to undertake to bring happiness to them all and in the very end a mindblowing scene when you got to the Moon. :smile:

Which to choose? :hmm: Neither my head nor my heart can do it, so I leave it up to you.

I think it's very tough to call. Has to be between ALTTP and OOT. I love them all so much, even the NES ones (I have them on the original carts!)

Same as mario thread but with zelda.I'm not the biggest fan of zelda games.o really like them but not as much as most of ye.

Link to the past wins it for me.So many dungeons and is much more fast paced than the rest which i love.Plus it is challenging.

You're not into zelda! Hang your head in shame

Ocarina of Time. Fooking amazing game :D! The graphics, depth, battle system....*drools*.

Isn't this the same as my thread but... oh, I see. You've admitted it. The time to really worry is when you get more posts than me. Which won't happen.

Twilight Princess of course!

Ocarina of Time

Hard to put into words really. I love everything about it. It felt like I was dreaming it was so magical.

I remember the amazing feeling I had when playing the Legend of Zelda on the NES. It was truly amazing, the feeling of freely expolring a large open world fell of secrets and dungeons.

A Link to the Past for me, mainly because it was the first Zelda game i really got into and played through, but Link's Awakening was the one that really got me hooked to the games.

Oot & Majora's Mask are epic titles aswell.

Isn't this the same as my thread but... oh, I see. You've admitted it. The time to really worry is when you get more posts than me. Which won't happen.

Twilight Princess of course!

I wanted to post lots of junk on my thread to beat you until I realised I couldn't be bothered. Which is good news for you, my son.

i voted Zelda 1. For reasons ive stated in other Zelda threads. Difficult question though because they all bring something to the table

Its all about survival and exploration in this game, finding the dungeons was half the challenge let alone beating them

Zelda 1 has the most dungeons if you count the remix after beating the game

Link is small and weak, constantly in danger of death. Excellent difficulty level.

Every rupee and heart container is crucial to his survival, unlike the 3d games, where the enemies dont do enough damage to justify finding heart pieces.

and finally the story, while theres only a faint trace of one was intriguing but left alot to the imagination. No plot holes!

i voted Zelda 1. For reasons ive stated in other Zelda threads. Difficult question though because they all bring something to the table

Its all about survival and exploration in this game, finding the dungeons was half the challenge let alone beating them

Zelda 1 has the most dungeons if you count the remix after beating the game

Link is small and weak, constantly in danger of death. Excellent difficulty level.

Every rupee and heart container is crucial to his survival, unlike the 3d games, where the enemies dont do enough damage to justify finding heart pieces.

and finally the story, while theres only a faint trace of one was intriguing but left alot to the imagination. No plot holes!

Yes, I defo see what you're saying about the difficulty. It was a true game of skill, and I still love playing it even today.

You're not into zelda! Hang your head in shame

Woulnt say im not into it.But i prefer other games.Namely metroid

Links Adventure or Wind Waker cause they're the only ones where I didn't get bored before the end.

Tell us more of this "Link's Adventure", I'd love to know more about a game that's never been released ;)

Awakening you mean?

Tell us more of this "Link's Adventure", I'd love to know more about a game that's never been released ;)

Awakening you mean?

Cock. He's clearly refering to the the second game in the series, the Adventure of Link. It WAS released on the NES.

Sign in to follow this