NEurope
Dan_Dare

Heroes hath returned! *SPOILERS!*

Ashley as a boys name is funny.

I love Heroes. Only on like ep 6 or something, though.

More Info on Kristen Bell Coming to Heroes from ign:

Bell in at least 13 episodes; talks about choosing between roles on Heroes and Lost.

by Eric Goldman

August 21, 2007 - Kristen Bell spoke to Michael Ausiello at TV Guide on Monday, in her first interview since it was announced that she will be joining Heroes for a multi-episode arc in Season 2. The Veronica Mars star has the Star Wars themed film Fanboys coming up and a role in the videogame Assassin's Creed and joked with Ausiello that joining Heroes was "part of my plan for world domination - and by world, I mean Fanboy World."

In the interview Bell seems to confirm reports that she'd turned down a role on Lost this season, and decided to do Heroes instead. "How do you make the decision between [Lost and Heroes]? Basically, being able to stay in [Los Angeles] was a little bit of a factor for me [in terms of turning down Lost]," said Bell, who noted, "I was honored to even be considered by Lost. I really, really was, because I love that show." Bell said pre-existing friendships with several Heroes cast members helped begin conversations between her and that show, including a talk she had with Zachary Quinto ("Sylar") on a train ride back from Comic-Con last month, in which she told him she'd love to work on the series.

Asked by Ausiello if part of the appeal of doing Heroes is that it's a limited role without a long term commitment, she told him, "That's certainly not a bad point. I am kind of in the luckiest position possible, because they're allowing me to leave it open-ended. So, yeah, that was extremely appealing." However, Bell then revealed that her time on Heroes is already longer than expected, and will be made up of 13 episodes "as of now." Though she was non-committal on the topic of it possibly being extended beyond that, she added that she would likely be open to a longer run.

Bell said she couldn't reveal much more about her character than the initial press release, though when asked if she could possibly be the show's new villain, while Zachary Quinto takes a leave of absence to film Star Trek, she said it was "a possibility" and that, "It would be really nice to play the bad guy." Bell also revealed, "I have a really awesome power."

Bell also expressed interest in the Veronica Mars movie that show's creator Rob Thomas would love to develop if possible, saying, "I'd do anything Rob asked me. I think we'd all love to work together again. "

Heh, saw this earlier and instantly thought of teh Ashley.

Admit it, you think of me all the time really.

Ashley as a boys name is funny.

"In the United Kingdom Ashley is a male name. On the other side of the Atlantic, the name is still occasionally used for boys in the South, in part thanks to Ashley Wilkes' character from Gone with the Wind."

Anywho. Just watched the finale and

Sylar is still fucking alive. Talk about Losting it out (ie dragging it out). Let him die. He's crap. David Platt is a fucking better villain than Sylar.

And also, I think stealing this is effective:

"If Peter can fly, why didn't he just take off himself to spare the city from devastation? ...why didn't anyone mention the fact that Sylar's body was nowhere to be found? [and may I persoanlly add, why was there a big ass line of blood leading to the sewer? Is that not suspicious?] Surely someone must have noticed this. Also, as several people pointed out in the chat, where was everybody in the city? You know, normal non-powered New Yorkers? Did the city just shut down for a couple of hours?"

As a show its alright. What I expected really. A good romp (I love using that word to belittle things) but nothing spectacular. I have seen much better seasons of television (and I'm thinking Big Love before anyone says anything).

One thing though. I did love the fact Claire had a Sidekick (the phone, although what happened to her gay sidekick?). III presumably. It was all very Veronica Mars :p

Oh and when I was watching "Landslide" I saw Missy Peregrym in the credits at the start and then was all happy when I realised it was Candice. She's changed a lot since Life As We Know It.

Kristen Bell's character power has something to do with electricity, and possibly (and inexplicably) does shares a scene with Hiro in the past.

124142_1742110502_rfgptkdr.jpg

Anywho. Just watched the finale and

Sylar is still fucking alive. Talk about Losting it out (ie dragging it out). Let him die. He's crap. David Platt is a fucking better villain than Sylar.

And also, I think stealing this is effective:

"If Peter can fly, why didn't he just take off himself to spare the city from devastation? ...why didn't anyone mention the fact that Sylar's body was nowhere to be found? [and may I persoanlly add, why was there a big ass line of blood leading to the sewer? Is that not suspicious?] Surely someone must have noticed this. Also, as several people pointed out in the chat, where was everybody in the city? You know, normal non-powered New Yorkers? Did the city just shut down for a couple of hours?"

As a show its alright. What I expected really. A good romp (I love using that word to belittle things) but nothing spectacular. I have seen much better seasons of television (and I'm thinking Big Love before anyone says anything).

One thing though. I did love the fact Claire had a Sidekick (the phone, although what happened to her gay sidekick?). III presumably. It was all very Veronica Mars :p

Oh and when I was watching "Landslide" I saw Missy Peregrym in the credits at the start and then was all happy when I realised it was Candice. She's changed a lot since Life As We Know It.

Sylar...crap!? HOW DARE THEE!!! He rocks I remember cheering when he...

finally cuts that stupid fringe off Petrelli! His hair pisses me off so much! :heh:

I would love to see him come back as a character seeking redemption for what he has done. I kinda felt sorry for what went on with his mother...Still if he came back the same that would still rock!

Finally someone got a Hiro and Ando sig! I would have thought that would have been one of the first characters used, nice one Tellyn!

Sylar...crap!? HOW DARE THEE!!! He rocks I remember cheering when he...
finally cuts that stupid fringe off Petrelli! His hair pisses me off so much!
:heh:

I would love to see him come back as a character seeking redemption for what he has done. I kinda felt sorry for what went on with his mother...Still if he came back the same that would still rock!

Hes just so 2D. He went after power because he was powermad. He was a nobody who wanted attention. Later they shoe-horned "oh they didn't deserve it" and then they tried "oh now my parents are meh" (so is everyone's buddy, nobody's parents live up to your expectations.)

His motivation and actions were so flat and lame. That steady moving clamness (best way I could describe it) is so cliched. As I said in MPT, Dexter (and David Platt :p) is a much better serial killer. Theres real motivation there and a real sense of what he is doing is right for mankind, not just for his own powermad needs.

And the redemption would be horrid. He'd turn into a really dull character, 'Oh I'm just trying to repent for what I did. Oh noes I killed everyone.' He should have been killed.

And around eps 16ish when Claire was hating her dad I was hoping next season she'd kind of become a vigilante character, bit annoying that apparently next year she's returning to some normality. But then again, I love seeing the dreams and ideals of teenagers destroyed.

"If Peter can fly, why didn't he just take off himself to spare the city from devastation?

I think with Peter it was that he couldnt use any of his other powers when he was on overload

Hes just so 2D. He went after power because he was powermad. He was a nobody who wanted attention. Later they shoe-horned "oh they didn't deserve it" and then they tried "oh now my parents are meh" (so is everyone's buddy, nobody's parents live up to your expectations.)

His motivation and actions were so flat and lame. That steady moving clamness (best way I could describe it) is so cliched. As I said in MPT, Dexter (and David Platt :p) is a much better serial killer. Theres real motivation there and a real sense of what he is doing is right for mankind, not just for his own powermad needs.

And the redemption would be horrid. He'd turn into a really dull character, 'Oh I'm just trying to repent for what I did. Oh noes I killed everyone.' He should have been killed.

And around eps 16ish when Claire was hating her dad I was hoping next season she'd kind of become a vigilante character, bit annoying that apparently next year she's returning to some normality. But then again, I love seeing the dreams and ideals of teenagers destroyed.

I suppose he was a bit of a generic bad guy...I guess I just like evil people! :heh:

I think with Peter it was that he couldnt use any of his other powers when he was on overload

Would make sense actually. Still, the blood bit annoyed me.

I suppose he was a bit of a generic bad guy...I guess I just like evil people! :heh:

There are much better evil people out there. Like me.

The blood bit didnt really annoy me

Theres nothing to say they wouldnt have noticed at some point, they were just all busy with eachother at the time. Just think, as soon as the camera cut, everyone turned around and screamed that Sylar got away.

The blood bit didnt really annoy me

Theres nothing to say they wouldnt have noticed at some point, they were just all busy with eachother at the time. Just think, as soon as the camera cut, everyone turned around and screamed that Sylar got away.

1) Shouldn't have to. 2) I know it won't because it will be a "shocking twist" in season two, "Sylar is still alive" 3) Im 90% sure police were there. Im all for idiot police but come on that was damn obvious.

1) Shouldn't have to. 2) I know it won't because it will be a "shocking twist" in season two, "Sylar is still alive" 3) Im 90% sure police were there. Im all for idiot police but come on that was damn obvious.

Even for the police it would be pretty hard to follow Sylar. After all he has freaking superpowers.

It would be cool is Sylar wasn't in the next season but came back in season three instead...maybe with a partner in crime.

Just throwing some ideas out! :heh:

Even for the police it would be pretty hard to follow Sylar. After all he has freaking superpowers.

(granted thats a Veronica Mars quote)

Thats not what Im complaining about but how it would have gone in real life.

Police arrive.

Police survey the scene and witnesses.

Police spot the great big trail of blood leading to a sewer.

So do the 'heroes'.

Concern over that.

Police can't stop Sylar (well, maybe they could show a photo of his mom and he'd cry) but meh. Huge plot hole. Annoys me...as I'm sure people have realised.)

Doesn't Hero's ability to travel through space and time cause quite a few plot holes?

Of course there are plot holes. However at least it answers questions unlike LOST which just just asks more, increasingly ridiculous, ones.

Hiros kinda does. But its sci-fi and thats a fairly generic sci-fi plot.

A more disturbing "If Sci-fi were reality..." thing I heard raised went along the lines of this; As Claire can constantly regenerate then "if she is infinitely repairable, at the age when her cellular growth would be complete and, as a virgin, wouldn't her broken hymen infinitely repair itself? The discomfort of this would turn her off from having sex with men so she would be a virgin, cheerleading 17 year-old lesbian forever."

Of course there are plot holes. However at least it answers questions unlike LOST which just just asks more, increasingly ridiculous, ones.

True. Which is why I snipe at lost at regular occassions.

Hiros kinda does. But its sci-fi and thats a fairly generic sci-fi plot.

A more disturbing "If Sci-fi were reality..." thing I heard raised went along the lines of this; As Claire can constantly regenerate then "if she is infinitely repairable, at the age when her cellular growth would be complete and, as a virgin, wouldn't her broken hymen infinitely repair itself? The discomfort of this would turn her off from having sex with men so she would be a virgin, cheerleading 17 year-old lesbian forever."

Sex in the poopyhole.

Yea fair enough but my point is

Sylar crawling off isn't that big a plot hole, especially considering we don't know all the powers he has stolen.

Sylar crawling off isn't that big a plot hole, especially considering we don't know all the powers he has stolen.

Its not the crawling off thats the plot hole, its the fact it wasn't discovered. Its not like it was u noticable. He may as well put a giant flashing neon "LOOK! I'VE CRAWLED AWAY" sign. They could have had him go invisible and sneak off (granted, that would still leave blood) but the shock would have been that he has killed Christopher Ecclestone's character rather than the fact hes dissapeared in a Captain Obvious way.

(and obviously he hasn't killed CE's character but he could have done if Tim Kring et al decided to)

dragged by one of villain series two powers. hint: a cockroach moving on the manhole cover.

Its not the crawling off thats the plot hole, its the fact it wasn't discovered. Its not like it was u noticable. He may as well put a giant flashing neon "LOOK! I'VE CRAWLED AWAY" sign. They could have had him go invisible and sneak off (granted, that would still leave blood) but the shock would have been that he has killed Christopher Ecclestone's character rather than the fact hes dissapeared in a Captain Obvious way.

(and obviously he hasn't killed CE's character but he could have done if Tim Kring et al decided to)

True, that would have been quite cool...maybe it was for the ever so bright American audience! :heh:

I am aware I just made an absurd sweeping generalization...

dragged by one of villain series two powers. hint: a cockroach moving on the manhole cover.

Yea, maybe if this was Lost!:heh: