NEurope
Dan_Dare

Heroes hath returned! *SPOILERS!*

Anyone else think Heroes is really badly advertised on the BBC, not in terms of the number of adverts (as they are shown often enough), but that the adverts are pretty dull and they have that REALLY terrible, slow, miserable music "It's the eeeend, of the woooorld....", it just makes the show look abit boring, which it's anything but!!

I'm glad I watched it all long before it came to the BBC!

Does anyone know how the DVDs will be released?

I was under the impression that it will be all 23 episodes in one box but hmv has made me think that it'll be like anime DVDs. With a few episodes every disc. Better not be that.

Great episode tonight. Wasn't too keen on Peter to begin with, but I'm warming to him now. The scene where his brother flies away from the Sean Lock lookalike was awesome!

Hiro gets better all the time! The guy who plays him is an amazing actor too. A cool smooth superhero in one scene, and a bumbling geek in another! When he and his friend are in their suits, they reminded me of the 2 guys off the "Wii would like to play" TV ad :hehe:

Great episode tonight. Wasn't too keen on Peter to begin with, but I'm warming to him now. The scene where his brother flies away from the Sean Lock lookalike was awesome!

Hiro gets better all the time! The guy who plays him is an amazing actor too. A cool smooth superhero in one scene, and a bumbling geek in another! When he and his friend are in their suits, they reminded me of the 2 guys off the "Wii would like to play" TV ad :hehe:

You will love Peter and Hiro in ep20. :)

You saw clare. She's basically got a power of invicibility and can pretty much never die. They thought she was dead because she had a branch in her brain which I guess stopped her from being able to use that power. They pulled branch out and she woke up with her chest open. It looked pretty dam sick to me! I saw it and was llike HOLY SHIT!

BBC3 episode was good, I'm not a great fan of the schizo's character, even with seeing the ending. And omg that girl is a traitor :o I didn't know that!

Hurray, HYPE is building....

any word on when Sci-Fi on Sky will be showing season 2?

Sci-Fi wont be showing it, BBC bought the rights

Just remembered, didn't they say that the reason behind Peters 'future' scar, would be shown before the season ended.

It wasn't, in the sense that we didn't actually see him get it, but I'm guessing the explosion was so immence for him that he couldn't fully recover/regenerate from it!

More season 2 info...

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/812/812793p1.html

Another Original Star Trek Alum Beams onto Heroes

Nichelle ''Uhura'' Nichols will play a family member to a new regular.

After casting George Takei as Hiro's father last season, Heroes has turned to another original Star Trek crewmember for Season 2 of the series. Nichelle Nichols, who portrayed Uhura on Star Trek and in the first six Trek films, will appear in what TV Guide calls a short-term role.

Nicholas will play the New Orleans based grandmother to Monica, a new regular role on the series. Dana Davis, who starred in ABC's The Nine, will play Monica. Along with Zachary Quinto ("Sylar") being made a regular this season, Davis is one of three new full-time additions to Heroes, including Dania Ramirez (X-Men: The Last Stand) and Alias's David Anders, who just got promoted from recurring to a regular.

I came across some Heroes comics today and finally understood the reason behind Hiro's name and why he feels responsible to stop the bomb.

He's named after Hiroshima.

Ok, so I guess most of you already know this. *puts on flameproof clothes*

Sci-Fi wont be showing it, BBC bought the rights

You sure the didn't just get the terresitrial(sp?) TV rights... surely there would be a station on Sky showing, it's too big to not be on Sky

Originally Sci-Fi got the rights to show series 1 first then BBC2 would show it afterwards but after it proved so popular BBC2 outbid Sci-Fi for the rights to show season 2. I havent heard anything that says Sci-Fi will be allowed to show it after BBC2 either.

Originally Sci-Fi got the rights to show series 1 first then BBC2 would show it afterwards but after it proved so popular BBC2 outbid Sci-Fi for the rights to show season 2. I havent heard anything that says Sci-Fi will be allowed to show it after BBC2 either.

Yeah, for season 2 it's just BBC. Sci-fi lost the bid.

Yeah, for season 2 it's just BBC. Sci-fi lost the bid.

Ah man that's crap... surprised Sky One haven't tried to snatch it... surprised Sci-Fi would let it go also.

So when do BBC plan to show season 2 then, it must be starting soon in the US and BBC is only what 4 - 5 eps into Season 1.

Someone is gonna have to teach me how ye go about finding the US eps online :heh:

I came across some Heroes comics today and finally understood the reason behind Hiro's name and why he feels responsible to stop the bomb.

He's named after Hiroshima.

Ok, so I guess most of you already know this. *puts on flameproof clothes*

...:blank: I thought it was because it sounds a lot like Hero.

Now it alll makes sense.

NBC is adding former “Veronica Mars” star Kristen Bell to the cast of “Heroes.”

Peacock has snagged Bell for a key multiepisode arc of its sophomore sensation. Casting is a major coup for NBC since Bell -- who plays the title character in Judd Apatow’s upcoming “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” -- was reportedly being sought for several TV gigs, including a part on ABC’s “Lost.”

Bell will make her first “Heroes” appearance in October. She’ll play Elle, a character described as a sexy, mysterious young lady who has ties to the supposed death of Peter, H.R.G.’s past and the future of Claire. Elle will kick off her arc by committing a serious crime, though it’s unclear whether she’s good or bad.

“This was not easy to pull off,” said “Heroes” creator-exec producer Tim Kring. “But since we’re an ensemble show, with many arcs playing out through the year, we found a way to jump into a small window in (Bell’s) schedule.”

Universal Media Studios prexy Katherine Pope also hinted that landing Bell wasn't easy, noting that "many studios (were) chasing her in both film and TV" and that she was happy that Bell "chose to star in our show."

In addition to her gig in the Apatow pic, Bell co-stars in the Weinstein Co.’s upcoming “Fanboys” and supplies one of the voices in the 2008 animated Fox feature “Sheepish.” She also has another regular role on a network skein, voicing the narrator in CW’s new drama “Gossip Girl.”

Bell’s past credits include a recurring gig on “Deadwood,” Showtime’s 2004 adaptation of “Reefer Madness” and last summer’s “Pulse.”

Thesp is represented by CAA and Emily Gerson-Saines of Brookside Artist Management.