NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Ghostbusters: The Game!

That library bit always scared me lol. Loved the line 'What the hell are ya doin?'

Delivered brilliantly.

A) I was never scared, but having re-watched it I can't see why not. Its pretty fucking terrifying!

B) On the extras of the Blu Ray, they mention that scene. Apparently they went over board/over dangerous on the pyro technics, and when she says that line she is looking directly at the cheif pyro technician! Hahah. Brilliant.

A) I was never scared, but having re-watched it I can't see why not. Its pretty fucking terrifying!

B) On the extras of the Blu Ray, they mention that scene. Apparently they went over board/over dangerous on the pyro technics, and when she says that line she is looking directly at the cheif pyro technician! Hahah. Brilliant.

I'll take a look at them extras in detail later

Who else is getting this for PS3? I got mine today, so I'll post my impressions later. It was on in the shop, and on the menu screen there is the creepy library scene music. I was like "OMG...." to the owner, and we totally geek gasm'd together.

I got my PS3 copy today and all I can say so far from a small amount of game time is OMG much like you.

Stay Puft battle was pretty cool, I didn't expect him to appear so early for some reason. Just done the library stage, however I couldn't progress after a certain point and I'm not sure if I missed something I'm supposed to do or it bugged.

I got in from work last night and my 360 import copy had arrived, I grabbed a quick shower and played on it til 2am. I was like a little kid again when the music hit at the start and I had a huge grin on my face :D

The writing is pretty funny and there have been a few times I laughed out loud. I will say that Bill Murray doesn't seem to deliver alot of his lines with any passion or heart compared to the rest of the crew but its still fine. Rays line when Stay Puft shows up had me in stitches :)

I was pretty knackered by the end of the library stage so I called it a day. I just having some breakfast now and I will get back on it and try get another level done before I shoot off to see Transformers 2.

Transformers 2 = Awesome, this game = awesome.

Agreed on the Bill Murrays lines, but still sweet. Only got upto the Stay Puft bit so far.

This game is class, so much fun. A must for any Ghostbusters fan. Although I am playing the PS3 version, which is a little rough around the edge's. Its froze on me twice and there are quite a few bugs. Also, after playing inFAMOUS for a couple of days, the graphics are a bit of a let down.

However, I can look past all that, because.....you know....its Ghostbusters!

Argh... really, really want it. Was wanting the 360 version, no real reason other than just out of preference, but there's no where near that will have an import copy other than a shop that is about an hour journey away. Would consider getting it on the PS3 but I don't know. SHouldn't really matter what console I get it on seeing as I'm a Ghostbuster fan.

Just finished the main game now and I really enjoyed it, very easy to play and quite enjoyable. I will go though various chapters to mop up the last few achievements im after.

Earlier me and my mates played on Live in the online co-op gaming mode for a few hours and it was such a laugh. One of the modes is called Survival which is like Horde mode in Gears expect with ghosts :D

Got the game. (:yay:)

Brother imported it via Play-Asia, cost him a bit. (There was absolutely NO way that he was waiting until October.)

Played a fair bit of it. Love it all so far. :grin:

Got the game. (:yay:)

Brother imported it via Play-Asia, cost him a bit. (There was absolutely NO way that he was waiting until October.)

Played a fair bit of it. Love it all so far. :grin:

I'm still awaiting it to arrive from Play-Asia, ordered it on the 14th, its now the 23rd. And the order still says "Preparing Order". Can't wait to play it now to be fair.

Well about 5 hours in the single player and enjoying it so far. Everything is there that you would expect is there, all the sound effects are spot on everything looks authentic and as you'd expect.

I like the extra weapons although if I was them I would have had them revealed in a different order. Would have the slime revealed first as it is a natural progression from Ghostbusters 2 as they have the positively charged slime in that.

I think the writing is spot on but as many people have said Bill Murray is not up to scratch he doesn't seem to share the same gusto as the other actors like he is on autopilot. He has some great lines but they tend to full flat because of his lackluster delivery. Dan Akyrod still has that childish enthusiasm as Ray nailed...

Think the plot so far has been pretty awesome and nice to see them take some of the elements from Ghostbusters: Hellbent/In Hell and nice how it ties in with the first film.

Played a bit of multiplayer last night as and it was really enjoyable experience, think it perhaps benefited from being being outsourced leaving terminal reality with plenty of time to concentrate on the single player experience.

I'm on the end of the library bit, the portals. What do I have to do? Shoot the chains on the bridge? What with if so? Or not that? Which portals? Am hax stuck. :(

Use the Slime Tether ( secondary fire of the Slime Gun ) attach it to the bridge and then the other end to the floor this will pull the bridge down. I think thats the part your on :D

I wanna know just how many of you say "Beautiful!" when you're using the slime gun.

So...who's said it? I have. :grin:

I wanna know just how many of you say "Beautiful!" when you're using the slime gun.

So...who's said it? I have. :grin:

LOL I did. I didn't have a cigar though :)

Ive played up to the Stay Puft man so far and im mixed. On the one hand its got a very good "Ghostbusters" feel to it, I love the character interaction and everything and of course the proton pack is fun. On the other though I think if this was anything other than Ghostbusters I would find it a bit of an average game and might not have rented it at all.

Ive played up to the Stay Puft man so far and im mixed. On the one hand its got a very good "Ghostbusters" feel to it, I love the character interaction and everything and of course the proton pack is fun. On the other though I think if this was anything other than Ghostbusters I would find it a bit of an average game and might not have rented it at all.

I do agree with that in some respects. I think the controls can be kind of cumbersome sometimes especially the turning when surrounded by enemies, but then I make the excuse in my head that they are middle aged men carrying massive proton packs on their backs like Terminal Reality factored that in to their control mechanics.

You know this battle with Stay Puft is bringing back memories of Shadow of the Collossus, I feel so bad. Poor guy just wants to be loved! :p

Also thankgod my saved game reappeared this morning, last night I went to load it and only "New Career" was showing up.

You know this battle with Stay Puft is bringing back memories of Shadow of the Collossus, I feel so bad. Poor guy just wants to be loved! :p

Also thankgod my saved game reappeared this morning, last night I went to load it and only "New Career" was showing up.

That's happened to me twice already, first time was majorly pissed at the prospect of starting over.

That's happened to me twice already, first time was majorly pissed at the prospect of starting over.

This is pissing me off now, its refusing to bring up the resume option, ive tried going back to the dash, ive tried turning the console off and on again!

EDIT: Apparently to fix this you load multiplayer then quit out of it but sometimes when you reload your save game youve lost all money and ghost records etc

Edited by Happenstance

How do you capture ghosts using the Stasis Stream, I can't seem to get it to work?

How do you capture ghosts using the Stasis Stream, I can't seem to get it to work?

Ah nm I did it.

I finally completed the game the game today, I need to go back and collect the rest of the scans and artefacts. A couple of problems I had with the game was the voices volume was too low and I couldn't hear what they they were saying most of the time, though I sorted that problem by turning on the subtitles. My second problem was that the game was too dark most of the time and I couldn't see a thing, I hate it when that happens. Another pretty minor problem was lack of the Ghostbusters theme, it only played during the loading screens and very quickly during the end.

Overall though, it was a great game for Ghostbusters fans, it really captured the feeling of the movies and made you feel like a Ghostbuster. I've played some of the older Ghostbusters games but I felt they didn't capture the same feeling.