NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
THE ganondorflol

Super mario bros3 or super mario world

Super Mario Galaxy has been named by a reliable source to arrive in Europe before Summer. But I can't wait that long.

Supe mario world is the definitive 2D mario game, no kidding. But the question asked at the dawn of time is: does it beat super mario bros 3?

I vote world the levels were better and it was more original.

Vote now, lol

I have to say, back in the day it would've easily been Super Mario Bros. 3 for me. I didn't like "World" that much actually, I definitely preferred the tanuki tail to the cape, and 3 had frog, statue, boot and hammer Mario. Then there was the cool secrets like holding "down" on top of a white block and grabbing a warp whistle, or trying to spawn the flying coin ship :D SMB3=happy memories for me.

Now that is a hard one. But I'd have to say world! I loved the map screen over the 8 worlds. I also think the level design on World was that bit sharper, the pinacle of 2D gaming.

Super Mario World > SMB3 because I enjoyed it more. Do I have to say anything else?

I prefer Super Mario World, I think the levels in SMB3 are a little on the short side, even though there are loads.

Super Mario Galaxy has been named by a reliable source to arrive in Europe before Summer.

Bullocks.

Well i suppose 3 was Amazing at its time and world didn't have as much impact.But world is the better game overall.The cape beats the tail man

I don't know why but I preffer bros3. Maybe it's the raccon ears.

3 holds the Guinness World Record for being the best selling SINGLE video game [not bundled] of all time and with good reason... Although Super Mario Bros 2 has the best box art.

3 holds the Guinness World Record for being the best selling SINGLE video game [not bundled] of all time and with good reason... Although Super Mario Bros 2 has the best box art.

Yes, and even though Mario World was bundled it still sold one million less units than Super Mario Bros. 3. However, it was still a better game in my opinion. Personally I don;t think a game will ever outsell the original Super Mario Bros, which sold 40.23 million.

I'm gonna go for World. Loved both games but I remember playing World shortly after it was released and loved every second of it!

World by a MILE. 3 was nice (and hard back then) but Super Mario World is one of, if not THE, best platform games ever. It's the textbook platform game!

Yeah, Solitanze, but that wasn't the question.

Sorry about this thread, I meant to include a poll but was in a rush.

World rules. The cape is the best, and the music was somin special.

The levels were better too.

lol (which stands for laugh out loud in case you didn't know)

Just realised Ive not offered my opinion on this debate!

For me, Id say that Mario 3 beats Mario World. They're both top notch games but I thought three had alot more content. I really liked the item set up aswell.

Mario World, dont get me wrong, I love it to bits and I completed it totally on lots of occassions. All 96 exits isnt it? Well I used to delete my save file and just restart, confident in the fact that Id redo it all. What a game, not many Id do that with nowadays.

I dont even think I completed Mario 3, and if I did it was through the use of the flutes... there were three werent there...? I definitely mind where two of them were. Really liked it as a game though so it would get my vote if this thread included a poll. :heh:

Edit: And just for the record Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, trumps them all!

They're both amazing, and i'm always torn between the two of them.

If i'm honest, I think Mario 3 is the fresher of the two, but Mario World had more variety, secrets and a more refined feel to it.

I've got so many awesome memories of 3, and it just so happens to be my favourite Mario title, too.

When that comes on the Virtual Console, its definitely a game that I will be purchasing. Loved the whole world map layout. Never finished the game, though. :(

Both are amazing games that gave me great memories but if I had to choose I would have to go with World.

Thing is Mario 3 is far far too short. Back when I had it on the NES I thought it was a long game but I picked it up on the GBA when it first came out and finished it fully, doing every level and without using warps within 5-6 hours. Sure its great but it lacks the length of Mario World and its 96 levels.

Both are amazing games that gave me great memories but if I had to choose I would have to go with World.

Thing is Mario 3 is far far too short. Back when I had it on the NES I thought it was a long game but I picked it up on the GBA when it first came out and finished it fully, doing every level and without using warps within 5-6 hours. Sure its great but it lacks the length of Mario World and its 96 levels.

Weird! for me its the other way round. Maybe the GBA version is easier? I picked up the GBA Super Mario World and flew through it in no time, but even now if I get my NES and SMB3 out I'll probably have trouble with Giant World or Pipe World.

I've got so many awesome memories of 3, and it just so happens to be my favourite Mario title, too.

When that comes on the Virtual Console, its definitely a game that I will be purchasing. Loved the whole world map layout. Never finished the game, though. :(

What bugs me is they're gonna release Mario Bros 1, 2, 3 and World all separately for 500/800 points rather than the whole updated package in Super Mario Allstars for 800 points. Thanks nintendo.

What bugs me is they're gonna release Mario Bros 1, 2, 3 and World all separately for 500/800 points rather than the whole updated package in Super Mario Allstars for 800 points. Thanks nintendo.

Lol. That's a really good point btw.

World, simply because the levels were packed with secrets, like the hidden exits. Mario bros. 3 is still a good game, but feels a bit boring in comparison to World.

At the moment, aren't they releasing the NES versions of the game? Didn't the games get 'touched' up for Mario All Stars. I googled some pictures, and it appears that way:

Super_Mario_Bros._NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Supermariobrossnestitlescreen.png

So, they could still release the Mario All stars package..in theory. Maybe for more than the 800 wiipoints though, maybe 1400 or something for the lot. Something like that.

Yeah Allstars gave the games a nice little graphical makeover for the super powerful SNES.

SuperMarioBros3.PNG

SuperMarioBros3SNES.png

They haven't announced anything yet, but since they released Super Mario Bros 1 on VC, I don't expect them to release allstars since it would screw all the people who bought SMB. Maybe if they took Super Mario Bros off of the VC and replaced it with Allstars, and anyone who bought SMB before off VC got Allstars for a discounted price. Or something. Never gonna happen though.

I was gonna say that about the graphical look. Also on Mario Allstars you could save your game everytime you finished a level or a section so you didn't have to use warps and could play through the whole game.

Is the save feature there on the VC titles?

Oh, and Mario Allstars was the greatest console release of all time. Never before and never since do I think there has been such a great compilation of killer titles. Yeah, I know people are gonna say the Zelda Collector's Edition, but that missed LTTP and it wasn't available to buy.

I was gonna say that about the graphical look. Also on Mario Allstars you could save your game everytime you finished a level or a section so you didn't have to use warps and could play through the whole game.

Is the save feature there on the VC titles?

Oh, and Mario Allstars was the greatest console release of all time. Never before and never since do I think there has been such a great compilation of killer titles. Yeah, I know people are gonna say the Zelda Collector's Edition, but that missed LTTP and it wasn't available to buy.

There is no save game slot within the game, just the save state thing that happens to all VC games.

I bought SMB the other day so i could be reminded of the good old days. I will however not be buying smb2 or 3, just hoping that they release all stars as i'd want to have the save slots for those games so i can replay some of the cool levels. Also this will probably be the only way we can play the real SMB2 anyway.

Sign in to follow this