NEurope
david.dakota

BWii: Batallion Wars 2

Xylvania were awesome:

"And when you are victorious Kaiser Vlad?"

"Yes Ubel, I will make you Governator!"

It really was a damn shame it didn't have any multiplayer, as they had clearly put a lot of thought into the unit design of each of the different factions.

This game is starting to look better and better by the minute. I have to admit, though, that I wasn't very excited about this game when it was first announced. I was always more into it's "sister series" Fire Emblem, but now as more information keeps pouring out i'm not so sure any more. It just seems that everything that BWII does right, FEWii does wrong. The GC iteration was not bad, it just wasn't as groundbreaking as the GBA versions. The problem with the series is that it hasn't gone anywhere they just updated the grafics and even that was a little half-assed and now it seems even those won't be dealt with on the wii.

Anyway FE rants aside, both BW and BWII add(ed) something fresh and exciting to the series which is why seems like I will be getting BWII instead of the new FE game.

On a side note, wouldn't it be awesome if the name was changed to... Wattalion Wars?

That screenshot on the previous page really managed to drop my jaw.

I think to put in familiar places is an interesting idea. It adds a lot to the feeling of fighting for your world and country.

I doubt anything will go wrong with that game. They had a good first one and now can build on its strengths.

Wow those screens look lovely,just want a date for this now and some online details.

We need news dammit,being kept in the dark isn't fun :heh:

being kept in the dark isn't fun :heh:

It is if you're into that sort thing. But I'm not. What the hell kinda guy you think I am?!

This looks very, very promising. I was hyped about this anyway, and it's great to see that others are looking forward to it as well.

(BW1) Right. Im going Keynes this weekend. Hopefully I will find it there...if not I think I saw it at GamePlay for £29.99.

Xylvania were awesome:

"And when you are victorious Kaiser Vlad?"

"Yes Ubel, I will make you Governator!"

It really was a damn shame it didn't have any multiplayer, as they had clearly put a lot of thought into the unit design of each of the different factions.

lol, I thought that too, each and every unit had so much life in it. I think the art style was superb, I just love Xylvania, plus that countess was hot lol.

I so hope the multiplayer is epic. I haven't got a Wii yet, and was looking to buy a 360, but with Metroid, Mario, Fire Emblem and this I want a Wii more now.

:shock: this game got a major workover...

Here's hoping I will have cash to buy all this :sad: I just can't miss out on online multiplayer.

Man this is looking very good and might be the reason that I buy a Wii!!!

Does anyone know where I can get big versions of thej pics dante posted??

Wouldnt it be cool if the game used the weather and news channels???

that would be so f%cking cool!!

They HAVE to make this multiplayer - and online would be incredible. From the looks of the videos of IGN - the Solar Empire are in, and a country in blue (Britain?) who seem to be fighting the Western Frontier. Also, the graphics are definitely better than the GC original, and those videos are from 2006 so could have improved since then? It's also good that the game is using the pointer of the Wii remote instead of keeping the controls like the original.

What I hope is they combine the gameplay of the GC version with the extras from the GBA games (Map Room, Versus Matches, Map Maker etc).

Definitely a must for a fan of the GC or GBA games.

They HAVE to make this multiplayer - and online would be incredible.

Did you happen to miss the multiplayer and online announcements on this game?

Did you happen to miss the multiplayer and online announcements on this game?

As a matter of fact I did lol. I thought it was just rumours and no actual confirmation.

Does anyone remember when this game was first shown?

At Leipzig (sp?) they had some kiosks where people could play lan multiplayer with two Wiis, I think that means that the game will only have lan play for offline competetive games.

When you think about it, Battalion Wars was a very complex game with a lot of things on the screen at once, so I think split-screen multiplayer is out of the question.

Does anyone know how many people are able to play online at once together?

Does anyone know how many people are able to play online at once together?

I think that original press release said four players. Meaning basically four armies.

This should definately have a 2 player co-op and hopefully 4 player co-op!

I agree. I imagine 4 player co-p would be a bit mad with every making their own orders but a 2 player would definitely be awesome. Imagine 2 player co-op on a mission like Beachhead on the GC version.

I wonder if this'll have a LAN/system link option, since the online architecture is there n' all.

This should definately have a 2 player co-op and hopefully 4 player co-op!

Co-op would differ from multiplayer though, two people would have to control the same army, unlike in multiplayer where you would each control your own army.

I didn't think the multiplayer allowed for four seperate teams...don't know where I read it, will try and find it.

Did they do a LAN match at Leipzeg?

Now that you mention it I can remember watching a video where a guy was versing someone else and he had the full screen to himself so it might of been a LAN match.

Co-op would be fantastic whether it's 2 or 4 player.

I hope they can get co-op and 4-player versus, that would be wonderfully manic.

Online co-op and versus along with VOIP = Awesome game and online experience.

I don't think they would do an online co-op - maybe jsut split screen or LAN co-op, but an online versus, maybe two on two as the max, will turn this from a good game to a classic must-buy.