NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
blender

Screw you wii Sports - The official wii sports bitching thread

Why the hell isn't this locked yet?

In due course.

PAYRISE TO N-EUROPE STAFF IF COMPLETED WITHIN THE NEXT 10 SECONDS.

In due course.

PAYRISE TO N-EUROPE STAFF IF COMPLETED WITHIN THE NEXT 10 SECONDS.

THEY GET PAID?!?!?!?!

THEY GET PAID?!?!?!?!

if they put referal links on the bargains posted etc, i reckon there would be a few dollars to be made. Dont know why no one bothers. Seems the norm on other forums. Amazingly, they must do it for love. I know Fiercelink loves me moderating me ;)

I was going to lock this, but it actually turned out to be a Wii Sports praising thread. When you put it that way, I didn't have the heart to lock this thread.

Did anyone ever tell you F_L, you are a good man? A good man with a kind heart, a wise head and a sensible soul?

No?......presumed not.

It's a good decision as well. Most replies are either sarcasm taking the micky out of this thread or said tongue in cheek. This has rightly become a self-defeating thread and that just goes to show how well done Wii sports is. Much better than locking.

I like Wii tennis, you can actually make the ball spin make it float farther or closer to the net.:hehe: :wink:

I can say this much:

Boxing: Fun, but not responsive AT ALL. When I do a straight swing, the bugger doesent make a straight friggin' swing, but punches like half a meter away...

Bowling: After a while it's too easy to make a strike

Baseball: Very acurate. However, it's only about throwing and hitting the ball, you can't affect anything else.

Tennis: Great fun, great accuracy

Golf: This was quite a stupid Idea of including it by Nintendo. Why? Well, now that I have Wii Sports Golf, WHY THE HECK should I buy Mario Golf, Tiger Woods or ANY other golf game? It plays like any other golfgame, only without any trophies, or a gazilion unlockable characters (but we have the Mii channel, so we can MAKE a gazilion characters). This game is THAT good, I'm telling you. I bought Mario Golf for the N64. I played through ONE tournament and got tired of it, but in Wii sports, it's a blast!

I'm having real trobule on tennis training trying to get the ball in the yellow goal, I can't get the ball to go straight forward, it always goes left!

Bit late of a reply, but you just have to hit it later. You're hitting it too early.

Did anyone ever tell you F_L, you are a good man? A good man with a kind heart, a wise head and a sensible soul?

I wholeheartedly agree.

My opinions:

Tennis: Great fun, a blast with friends. I love playing with the guy in front against a mate who's also at the front of their side, hitting it backwards and forwards a hundred times in quick succession!! :)

Boxing: bleugh, pretty rubbish really. Unresponsive, and a bit boring after a while.

Golf: AMAZING. Love it. So much work went into it and it shows. Having said that another 9 holes would have been good.

Baseball: Didn't like it at first but it's growing on me. Still, not much to do or affect really.

Bowling: Good fun though can get a bit a) easy after a while and b) boring after a while.

Fantastic game, the training and fitness bits make it a complete package and the nice DVD box it comes with is a bonus as I wasn't expecting that!

Fully deserves best game of 2006.

He's not made of pure disdain after all! :bouncy:

I have to agree with you there Mr. Motion, although I do enjoy boxing, especially in multiplayer!

I love baseball, but it's really frustrating once the difficulty starts to increase. The computer hits a home run off of basically everything you can throw.

Can I just ask really quickly as an off-topic thing Mr Twilight, do you use some sort of photoshop filter to get that effect on your avatar/sig pic?

I just find it amazing how 95% of the shots in "Baseball" are foul balls, and 3% are caught out.

A problem I have with Tennis is that it can go on for too long, there's no challenge in it.

Can I just ask really quickly as an off-topic thing Mr Twilight, do you use some sort of photoshop filter to get that effect on your avatar/sig pic?

Admiring my work eh?

Yes I do, bare with me and I shall be able to tell you what it is....

and the answer is...... "texturizer" found under (funilly [sp?] enough) "texture"

I just find it amazing how 95% of the shots in "Baseball" are foul balls, and 3% are caught out.

Yeah... almost every shot ends up as a foul for me.

seriously though-do you believe what you type or do you just do it because you know everyone will think your a stupid prick who needs a slap or much worse judging by whats been posted?

Well i actually like him.he is fun and always gets replies(no sarcasm)

Admiring my work eh?

Yes I do, bare with me and I shall be able to tell you what it is....

and the answer is...... "texturizer" found under (funilly [sp?] enough) "texture"

Ah ha! Great thanks!

And to be on topic, I get fouls all the time.

You know I just realised you can press '1' when putting in Wii Golf a few days ago? It's so handy!

A problem I have with Tennis is that it can go on for too long, there's no challenge in it.

I was ready to scream the house down when I thought I had my first home run...then it turned out to be a foul ball.

I'm still waiting for my first home run.

I bluddy hate baseball.

i dont see the problem with boxing it is the game with my highest rank. 2160. i thought once you got to 2000 it wouls stop. it doesnt. now i cant get any higher cause the highest lvl opponent is about 1650. i knock em out in the second round and lose points.

Baseball is just too hard. tennis is fun bowling multiplayer is ace. however i am so sick of it as my girlfriend wont let me play anything else she always wants to play 2 player bowling.

golf takes a while to get used to. but is ultimately enjoyable. i dont see the problem with this game.

Well i actually like him.he is fun and always gets replies(no sarcasm)

:awesome: ...

I've already said this once before, but I would've liked the addition to pitch in baseball and for male batters hit their anatomy with a 150MPH ball and make them go to the ground in extreme pain while the announcer yells STRIKE!

Day One on Wii Sports , so I can't fully comment on this yet , but so far the only one I am experiencing a few control problems with is golf.

My fitness age is a ripe old 79 (the sad thing is , that considering my level of fitness , this probably isn't too far from the truth).

I got an 'out of the park' once.

...once.

I've got quite a few of them :yay:

Sign in to follow this