NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
blender

Screw you wii Sports - The official wii sports bitching thread

This what gamers have become in the 2007?

A full of moaners who dont want to find things fun.

I don't think that just because the game's free it's exempt from criticism. We can't complain about it too much, but still...

I've got major gripes with the tennis game - I find it so unresponsive it's untrue. I want to play it like a real tennis game and while I admit this was never going to be that, the fact that two swings never seem to produce the same shot (apart from that unreturnable crosscourt return of serve!) is just really bizarre. I flick my wrist wanting to play a crosscourt backhand and end up hitting anywhere but that direction.

I hope that there'll be a proper, well-executed tennis sim on the wii because it'd be a really lost opportunity without one. Again I stress that I didn't expect tennis to be that but after all the previews on wii sports made it out to be that tennis was the most fun I just feel really disappointed that it's ended up being as random as boxing! At least boxing's fun! Rant over!

This what gamers have become in the 2007?

A full of moaners who dont want to find things fun.

This is what every nerd has been since The Empire Strikes Back.

Wii sports = moving arms

moving arms = using more energy

using more energy = eating more food & drink

eating more food & drink = spending more money

spending more money = work more to earn money

work more to earn money = more stress in daily life

more stress in daily life = shorter life expectancy

That proves that Wii sports is bad for you. So the criticism is justified :idea:

Wii sports = moving arms

moving arms = using more energy

using more energy = eating more food & drink

eating more food & drink = spending more money

spending more money = work more to earn money

work more to earn money = more stress in daily life

more stress in daily life = shorter life expectancy

That proves that Wii sports is bad for you. So the criticism is justified :idea:

Also gets someone of there fat arse and actually do something.

lol. Yeah, and I was just thinking maybe all that stress would lead to lower sperm count and defficient child birth, creating a bottleneck to reproduction.

So now we have proven that Wii Sports is bad for the entire species of humankind and the survival of our civilization :blank:

I ain't particularly good at Wii Sports but thats courtesy of bad controls in some of the games, boxing golf and tennis all having flawed controls. Even baseball i've only hit about 10 home runs. Whats the trick to consiistently getting home runs with every type of ball pitched and is there any way to hit the splitter for a home run?

I ain't particularly good at Wii Sports but thats courtesy of bad controls in some of the games, boxing golf and tennis all having flawed controls. Even baseball i've only hit about 10 home runs. Whats the trick to consiistently getting home runs with every type of ball pitched and is there any way to hit the splitter for a home run?

Yes, timing!

Could it no be cause you suck :heh:

Everything comes down to timing.Once you get the timing right youll get home runs in no time!

i dont know how to swing a base ball bat. Following normal technique in tennis and bowling helps. Just dont really know what to do in baseball. The on screen characters arnt much help. whats with the high elbow. Think I need to watch some videos

For Gods sake. WiiSports and WiiPlay are basically entertaining tech demos, with a little spit and polish. Neither are supposed to be anything more. Tech demos are rarely seen, so be thankful that they're packaged with your Wii.

When we start paying £40 for a boxing, tennis or golf game, we can moan about about them.

However, my missus and I are forever playing WiiSports and WiiPlay. I've probably tallied up more play time on each of these than I have on Monkey Ball and Zelda combined. Now thats value for money.

What kind of a thread is this? Wii sports is fucking awesome!

QFT!

Do we realy have to have 2 threads for every game now... one for normal disscusion and one for all the idiots who just like to find every little thing thats wrong so they can moan about it?

QFT!

Do we realy have to have 2 threads for every game now... one for normal disscusion and one for all the idiots who just like to find every little thing thats wrong so they can moan about it?

Well, I think the zelda one was a joke, but this is just attention seeking.

[...]

Didn't you leave? Why say you were leaving if you didn't really want to go? Not that I have anything against you, it's just a bit anticlimatic.

Didn't you leave? Why say you were leaving if you didn't really want to go? Not that I have anything against you, it's just a bit anticlimatic.

the best way to leave is to get banned. Then you cant come back. At least not as the same character. (this is a cartoon afterall)

QFT!

absolutely. The National British pasttime is moaning. I'm sure many europeans and others will join us in our national hobby. If you want to discuss time lines, plots or the colour of mario's moustache there is a time and place for that. But if you like to hate... and I mean the whole trinity of hating, dispising and detesting, then you should do it... and do it NOW. Nintendo are going to win this console race. BUT... with their monopoly, they will become as hated as sony was. Those were dark days back in the NES/SNES era and I fear they have returned. In the darkest times, people only have legends to hold onto. But who will weild the weapon of a hero and unleash the wolf within ??? As darkness falls, there is nothing left to do but hate the wii and all that its doing. I dont expect any gratitude but will lead nonetheless. So before you all leave, I'd like you all to think about this new world without the nintendo gamecube.

why does the game have to come in a cardboard sleave why not just put it in a normal dvd case.

(its all i could think of)

I'm having real trobule on tennis training trying to get the ball in the yellow goal, I can't get the ball to go straight forward, it always goes left!

i havenmt read any of this thread, in fact, i havent read much of the first post, but i dissapprove on the grounds that tis trying to ripoff the " 'official' bitch about TP" or whatever the hell tis c\lled thread. I hate you, original postwer.

why does the game have to come in a cardboard sleave why not just put it in a normal dvd case.

(its all i could think of)

Right this second, I'm holding in my hands the DVD case that us Europeans got.

Oh my God, it feels nice to be on the winning team for a change!

Initially yes, but I got a rather poor reception from my official retirement announcement, so I decided to "overturn it" and grace myself upon this forum once again for everyones enjoyment.

Initially yes, but I got a rather poor reception from my official retirement announcement, so I decided to "overturn it" and grace myself upon this forum once again for everyones enjoyment.

seriously though-do you believe what you type or do you just do it because you know everyone will think your a stupid prick who needs a slap or much worse judging by whats been posted?

seriously though-do you believe what you type or do you just do it because you know everyone will think your a stupid prick who needs a slap or much worse judging by whats been posted?

I just post my opinions. No alterior motive to piss people off. I don't recall a time where i've actually "directly sledged" anyone, but a particular thing/situation instead.

Sign in to follow this