NEurope
conzer16

Saddam Hussein - Executed

According to many news outlets Saddam Hussein was to be executed at 6am Iraq time (03.00 GMT).

No official details have been announced by any Iraqi Goverment or Legal body and confusion is high as to the truth in these speculations.

The BBC have apparently shown Shia Muslims celebrating the death of Hussein, and according to Wikipedia

"At 0557 local time, December 30, 2006 officials claimed that the executions had taken place without confirmation from news sources.

Saddam Hussein was executed at 5:57 AM December 30th Baghdad time according to Al-Hurra and Al-Arabiya, two Arab news agencies, as reported on CNN and Fox News."

So Saddam is gone. He has been tried and executed by the people he massacred.

Reuters Report Execution

Sky News Report Execution

BBC Report Execution

FOX News Report Execution

CNN Report Execution

Funnily enough, no Arabic News station (Al Jazeera etc) is confirming his execution. The only news stations that are are Western ones.

Quote from BBC Article

It was witnessed by a doctor, lawyer and officials. It was also filmed

Anyone see it on Youtube yet?

WTF!

Can they even do it this quickly?!

How convenient. He gets executed to coincide with the Hajj and Eid.

According to many news outlets Saddam Hussein was to be executed at 6am Iraq time (03.00 GMT).

No official details have been announced by any Iraqi Goverment or Legal body and confusion is high as to the truth in these speculations.

The BBC have apparently shown Shia Muslims celebrating the death of Hussein, and according to Wikipedia

So Saddam is gone. He has been tried and executed by the people he massacred.

Reuters Report Execution

Sky News Report Execution

Can we call this justice? His finally dead but it doesn't seem enough.

WTF!

Can they even do it this quickly?!

How convenient. He gets executed to coincide with the Hajj and Eid.

Whats that?

Can we call this justice? His finally dead but it doesn't seem enough.

Whats that?

Hajj is a Muslim pilgrimage that takes place in Saudi Arabia.

Eid is a Muslim religious festivel.

Al Jazeera are now reporting that a US backed TV station has confirmed the execution of Saddam.

Edit: If anyone is near a TV with CNN on it, apparently Anderson Cooper is saying they are going to show both the video and the pictures of his execution.

Al Jazeera are now reporting that a US backed TV station has confirmed the execution of Saddam.

Edit: If anyone is near a TV with CNN on it, apparently Anderson Cooper is saying they are going to show both the video and the pictures of his execution.

They can't be serious. Surely they're not allowed to put videos and pictures of any execution on the news at all?!

I dont know anything about what they can or can't broadcast but if you're near a tv with CNN (I'm not), switch it on and report back!!

Looks like the South Park movie can finally take place.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Ah-ah!!!

I really couldn't care less if he is dead or not. I never cared about it.

I dont know anything about what they can or can't broadcast but if you're near a tv with CNN (I'm not), switch it on and report back!!

I've turned the tv on in the other room, as that has access to CNN.

I've turned my attention away from Twilight Princess for tonight. Damn you. :heh:

I've turned my attention away from Twilight Princess for tonight.

I do think you're in for some jail time.

Good. Fucking nightmare on legs he was. Good riddance.

Well, people should consider following two things before saying it was "good" move:

1) Saddam was still idolized by quite many Iraqians. You can't even imagine how bad the public backslash will be in certain regions.

2) Saddam died as a martyr. This encourages his followers, resulting in more fanatic fighters and more car bombs that will kill innocent civilizians.

3) Iraq is already on the verge of civil war, and last thing that Iraq currently needs is more hostilities.

Well, people should consider following two things before saying it was "good" move:

1) Saddam was still idolized by quite many Iraqians. You can't even imagine how bad the public backslash will be in certain regions.

2) Saddam died as a martyr. This encourages his followers, resulting in more fanatic fighters and more car bombs that will kill innocent civilizians.

3) Iraq is already on the verge of civil war, and last thing that Iraq currently needs is more hostilities.

Spose, but he killed ALOT of people. Its only right he should be killed himself. Anyway. It's done now, now turning back.

Unless someone in the future has just invented a time machine. lol.

It's not right to kill anybody, no matter what they have done.

Here is a pic of him before he was hung:

Apparently he refused to wear a hood. Defiant to the last.

story.saddam.hanging.jpg

saddam_hanged_graphic.jpg

Picures of his body were also broadcast, but speculation is rife amongst the streets and cafes in Baghdad, that the execution was staged.

1483668.jpg

Anyone see it on Youtube yet?

I've seen (on BBC news) the bit where he was lead up to the gallows and had the noose placed around his neck. I thnk they were saying that is how much the

Looks like the South Park movie can finally take place.

But he wasn't eaten by a pack of wild dogs :(

My thoughts on tis are mixed. Part of me thought justice has been done - afterall he's a mass murderer. However, I don't really think that the death penalty was right for this.. I guess its Iraq and Iraqi justice prevails.

Hes a war casualty like thousands of others. This is no bigger a deal than a civilian taking a stray bullet or a soldier stepping on a mine

Very very good post.

The fact it's ridiculously ironic that the British (Labour) Government, who helped to depose him (illegally and at the cost of over a hundred British lives) despises the death penalty and whilst we have hundreds if not thousands of paedophiles, murderers and rapists filling up our over crowded prison system they're all alive and well, and under the politically correct system we live in will no doubt all get out on parole and be re-housed with new identities.

How either Tony Blair or George Bush can call this man a murderer after all the people around the world that have been killed due to their decisions is beyond me.

All the invasion of Iraq has done is thrust Britain into a conflict which has cost British lives. It's also pushed a country into a state of near civil war and further destabilised an already unstable part of the world. All for what, oh yeah, America to get it's hands on Iraqi oil.