NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Wii Sports 2?!

50 is a tad to much, Solitanze. But the 'Wiilympics' seem to be a nice idea. Online functionality would be a certain plus and more sports wouldn't be a bad idea either. However, sports like socces (or football) wouldn't be any good, since tieing your Wiimotes to your feet isn't the plan Nintendo had in mind - but that's my rough guess. The online possible sports are one where you do something with your hands. Oh, and no 'throwing' things, too, 'cause Nintendo doesn't want to be sued... And about other sports, well, it wouldn't be a bad idea to be honest. There's not much more you can add to the formula. I think it's a great game and I don't see why anyone would have troubles with it being shallow. It's not shallow, and it's bloody good fun with friends. Haven't bein going solo, but that's up on my list next to Zelda.

More computer people to face. There's about 15 sets on tennis, then you're left facing the same people every single game.

Wii Sports seems like the worst kind of game for online....

I just don't see it working well.

Still, another one sounds ace. Needs Squash.

Why? I think the first one should already be online.

I think it would work quite well. You've already got the skill level for a ranking system.

Was talking about this with the Nintendo samplers. I want Basketball. Could dribble with the one hand, shoot (of course) but also do fancy tricks where you pass the ball between your legs and such.

If they're planning to release Wii Sports 2 it'll no doubt be a full price title and if it is they need depth.

I'm thinking the entire Wii Sports one with a bit of gloss (more courses on golf, more courts on tennis, unlockables etc.), online play and a 'Pro' option (for Tennis at least, its the only one where it'd really make a difference where you can move your character with the nunchuk analogue stick. That'd add a bit of polish and depth to the original package.

Then of course the new Sports come in - I'd love to see Athletics types events, running, javelin, discus etc., the motorsports (like a mini wave race/excite bike/pilotwings game - in the style of that airplane demo we saw at E3) and then some of the suggest ones such as basketball and swimming.

None of the games would have to be massively in depth, all just samplers of what could be done with a full game but at the same time as a full blown title a bit more depth (in the respect of having more courses/options or just lots of games) would make it well worthwhile. Its something I'd certainly like to see anyway.

Nintendo have spoken about these rumours.

“(It is) pure rumour and speculation. We’re really pleased with the reaction to Wii Sports - from people completely new to gaming to the hardcore fans everyone has taken to it straight away. It might just be the most popular game this Christmas in homes across the UK.” - NoE re

notice it's NOE though.

Instead of having a whole heaps of games crammed on one disk, I also wouldn't mind the option of having additional sports you can purchase on the virtual console to merely enhance the game. For example, more holes/courses on golf, more bowling lanes, boxing arenas, baseball fields, tennis courts, ''athletics package'' with track and field, high jump, javelin the works. Swimming that uses two wii motes, hockey, lawn bowls for the elderly people that are playing with their wiis, beach volleyball, cricket, just to name a few.

Sign in to follow this