N-Europe

Game, Overpriced Nunchucks

Gio001

I was gonna go get a nun chuck from game the other day, and saw it for £17.99. I left it and went down to gamestation where they didn't have any. It's realy mean to sell it for more than the rrp... what's the point in having an rrp if they sell it for more than that? I'm just gonna wait untill gamestation get some in stock, now there's a decent shop.

I seen 2000 Wii Points in HMV the other day for 40euro, that had to be a mistake, otherwise that's extortionate. I seen them for 25 euro in GAME, which is still a fiver more than if you buy them with a credit card, but nowhere near as bad as HMV.

Game doesn't give the impression to be a good store to me after these reports. I'm not living in England, but the prices of game are just over the top. I don't really get it that they slash up prices that way. they're still making a reasonable profit on products - even without charging even more. Fools.

They are doing this for the same reasons the DS bundles are so craptastic. They know that in a few days time people will be desperate and pay the extra few quid because, if anywhere, Game will have it. Dirty work. But thats business.

They are doing this for the same reasons the DS bundles are so craptastic. They know that in a few days time people will be desperate and pay the extra few quid because, if anywhere, Game will have it. Dirty work. But thats business.
So... when are these extra profit schemes expected to be dropped? January 2007? Or when the sales drop?

I got mine from pcworld who arn't always the best of retailers, especially when it comes to nintendo.

Must have thought it wouldn't lift of or something because they were selling the nunchucks and wiimotes for the normal price.

Then they actually sent me wiiplay when I paid for just a wiimote, apparently because they'd run out of 'motes. Always nice when customer service takes effect :)

Normally I'll buy from the internet - Monkey Ball for Wii cost me £29 and I've got Excite Truck (£31) and WarioWare (£29) on pre-order from a web site.
OMG, Where is that site? :o

I'd surely buy from them if they sent items over for Portugal.

Not sure if they ship to Portugal, but the site is http://www.choicesuk.com

Direct link to Wii games here: http://www.choicesuk.com/ProductList.aspx/GAME_Home/Wii_GAME_Home/General_Wii_GAME_Home?pg=1

Until the end of the year, if you enter the code 'reward' at the check out you'll get an extra 5% off the prices. :D

**EDIT** Just checked and they do ship to Europe for just £3 no matter how much you order.

Not sure if they ship to Portugal, but the site is http://www.choicesuk.com

Direct link to Wii games here: http://www.choicesuk.com/ProductList.aspx/GAME_Home/Wii_GAME_Home/General_Wii_GAME_Home?pg=1

Until the end of the year, if you enter the code 'reward' at the check out you'll get an extra 5% off the prices. :D

**EDIT** Just checked and they do ship to Europe for just £3 no matter how much you order.

Yes! you just saved my christmas :D

and £3 is kinda cheap when it comes to posting fee's considering multiple games :)

Game doesn't give the impression to be a good store to me after these reports. I'm not living in England, but the prices of game are just over the top. I don't really get it that they slash up prices that way. they're still making a reasonable profit on products - even without charging even more. Fools.

Nah, they're usually alright, but they're just bumping up the prices all of a sudden.

It's amazing how wii owners are being ripped out by stores seeking profit this christmas... I mean, I can't find a dang game being sold online for less than 39.90£ in UK.

supply and demand. if you have 10 games, and sell them for £20 and still make a profit cool. but you only have 10 games, and they WILL sell out.

so if you can sell them for £40 you make an added £20 profit.

1)it means those willing to pay the price (ie REALLY want the product) will be the ones getting it. ok its frustrating when you want it but can't afford it, however its either out priced or out of stock in that case.

2) if they sell it for £20 and sell out, a competitor will sell for £40 and get profit the store selling for £20 could otherwise have received.

it is not amazing, its the way the market goes. take play.com. you can see which games they have in plentiful supply cos the price is lower. when supplies get low, the prices are higher.

there is SOME good will out there, from most stores, hence a general cap on prices.

But at the end of the day the people to blame for stupid prices are the stupid people who pay them.

so if you have paid a ridiculously high price for something, you are to blame. nice little thought for you moaners out there. ;)

I don't really get it that they slash up prices that way. they're still making a reasonable profit on products - even without charging even more. Fools.

They make £12.50(ish) for a 360, and that sells for £280 (and that was before they offered the 'entertainment pack' and Viva Pinata for free with it, so probably less now). PS2 (retails for £95) makes less than £5. So consider how much they make off a £15/17 accessory.