NEurope
highland man

cube version of zelda

Hey

Has anyone played both the cube and wii versions of zelda? How do they compare?

It's just that my parents have bought me a wii for xmas but until the other day they didn't know if they would be able to get a wii and so bought the cube version of zelda. It now appears that they have got a wii, wii zelda and of course the cube version bought earlier. What one should be returned? I'm guessing the cube one but would appreciate some opinions

Cheers

Graphically they are almost identical apart from the Wii's 480p/Widescreen

Controlwise they are completely different... took a while to get used to the Wii Zelda control system but it feels more involved than a normal joypad. It's not without flaws, but the aiming of projectile weapons is flawless.

If you have both i'd go for the Wii version.

Well personally i sometimes press the + when i want the - and vice versa. I guess i'm not used to having a button down there :p It's all personal taste.

Wii version is much better than the GC version. Solely because of the controls. Instantaneous to pick up, and less tiring for long playthroughs.

I've found another difference! That Fairy theme song that you hear when selecting your file is a bit different. It seems they've put a bit more love in the Wii version. (Yeah, I got them both too:heh:)

What's all this reverse World thing? Is everything in game mirrored? I'm confused. :s

They wanted to make Link right handed on the Wii and the easiest way to do that without editing any scenes in the game was to mirror it, much like Mirror mode in Mario Kart.

i love the controls but i still wish they just made him right handed in the game rather than flip the whole thing. its annoying that the places are on the opposite side as they are in OoT.

I find the controls a bit strange at times on Wii Zelda, as they don't always react the same way I want them to react. That might just be me being stupid, though. ^^

Well, keep both. First take the Cube-version, then when you want to play it again, go for the Wii-version! It's like playing a new game when it is mirrored. Ish.

:)

i love the controls but i still wish they just made him right handed in the game rather than flip the whole thing. its annoying that the places are on the opposite side as they are in OoT.

What do you mean? Its not the same game as OOT, so obviously things are going to be in different places.

I find the controls a bit strange at times on Wii Zelda, as they don't always react the same way I want them to react. That might just be me being stupid, though. ^^

Well, keep both. First take the Cube-version, then when you want to play it again, go for the Wii-version! It's like playing a new game when it is mirrored. Ish.

:)

I found myself shaking the wavebird with both hands yesterday because I forgot I was in the GC version. (it's true!) :laughing: I only understood the reason why when I saw link not drawing his sword in the game.

Said that... Zelda TP is definitely even more fine tuned than WW is on GC, it's just that the wiimote is so much better, although Zelda TP is like a working concept, it can be further improved and the prospect in that is awesome.

With the classic controller we were kinda stuck. Wii version is just so darn good when it comes to immersion.

I have GC version as I don't have a wii yet but have played lots on my friends wii and I don't mind which version I play. They are like 2 different games as they are mirrored and it is very confusing but when I get a wii I will definately get Zelda again!

http://insider.ign.com/teasers/751/751307.html

Feel free to supply the article, Insider members. :P

From a personal level, I don't see myself being able to play with the old control scheme after getting used to this. Sure, the sword swinging isn't as 1:1 to the Wiimote movements as I had hoped, but the aiming with projectiles works like a dream, and having gotten used to the sword controls to no end, I still would imagine them to be much improved come the true "Wii Zelda".

That said, I'm almost tempted to give the GC version a twirl when I finish playing it on the Wii; I do imagine myself playing through again, and having the mirrored world will give it extra edge for replay value.