NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

*sigh* got to level 49 of the cave of ordeals, got owned by 3 darknuts. I hate those things.

They've put another one of those piece of shit timewasters in Twilight Princess?!

Fucks sake... did they not get the message after the gaming abortion that was Wind Waker?!

Is that the cave near Lake Hylia?

I entered a cave and there were rocks everywhere so i decided to blow one up and it figured it was a maze of some sort. Then I got to on bit and i warped back to the entrace. Is that it?

If you go back to that cave and carry on past that first warp point it goes on a bit but keep scooping up the yellow chu chus in your bottles for lantern oil and when you get to the end you rewarded with a nice shiny heart piece. :)

*sigh* got to level 49 of the cave of ordeals, got owned by 3 darknuts. I hate those things.

Also, buy this months Edge. It has an incredible Zelda poster.

I beat that cave over the weekend. The draknuts wernet a problem for me, what was though were them Laser Eyes Statues. I dropped down unprepared and got tanned off them as I couldnt get an arrow shot off. I used my Fairy Tears on that level as they nearly wiped me out.

Can someone point me in the right direction because i dont think i have come across the cave of ordeals... and i would like to go there.

They've put another one of those piece of shit timewasters in Twilight Princess?!

Fucks sake... did they not get the message after the gaming abortion that was Wind Waker?!

I like the cave of ordeals. It's always fun to fight stuff.

Also, buy this months Edge. It has an incredible Zelda poster.

More on the Zelda poster!

---

[edit]

YES! SOMEONE FINALLY MADE A POSTER OF IT. For anyone curious, it's a poster of the image on the inside cover of the instruction manual. Absolutely beautiful piece of artwork.

----

Timeline thoughts which are coincidentally spoilers, so brave ones click away:

It was said that Twilight Princess takes place some time after Ocarina, which has left some people confused after viewing events that take place in the game that are inconsistent with the Ocarina ending. However, I still believe it takes place after Ocarina of Time, just not in the timeline we all thought it did.

What about the Majoras Mask timeline? Is it at all possible that Twilight Princess occurs after Link is sent back to being a child and he and Zelda warn the king of Ganon's intentions? He is then brought before the Sages in the Mirror Chamber for punishment and eventually exiled to the Twilight out of desperation after he goes berserk. Some decades later Twilight Princess begins and during that time Ganon's spirit found Zant and began to use him as his puppet to engineer his return to the other side.

The races of Hyrule like the Gerudo could have their absence explained by the Royal Army killing them all to prevent another Ganondorf being born? The Gerudo City is then overtaken by bandits as it is in Twilight Princess? I dunno. Regarding the Kokiri, I have no idea what happened to them. It's possible they are simply hidden in the forest and since have no bearing on the story they don't show up.

What about the Shiekah? Not sure about those guys. Impaz did mention being named after Impa who was leading a tribe who guarded the royal family... Perhaps events unknown caused them to be wiped out or to flee the land. Perhaps Zant's monsters killed every one of them and only Impaz remains.

Then we have the issue that there are no sages in Ocarina before Adult Link awakens them in the adult timeline. Is it possible that Ganondorf killed the original sages (the ones alive in Twilight Princess) after obtaining the Triforce of Power in the Adult Link timelime (they can be killed, as shown)? Perhaps this is why the sages aren't the same in Twilight Princess than they are in Ocarina's adult timeline - they are entirely different people/entities.

This is hardly a well thought out theory, but it's remotely plausible right?

Im in the forest temple! Yay zelda old school puzzles I love it so much. And the cute monkeys swimming lol :laughing:

Finished.

I'm going to be honest, the ending was nothing special, if anything I'm getting a bitter taste from it now, a dissapointing way to end an amazing game.

I tried to get that mint poster with edge, but they only had a ps3 special, yet on thier site, the latest issue is the one i need. I got ONM with a wii poster, and a fuzzy zelda poster that looks nothing like whats on the front. I want edge without the nintendork ripoff.

I'm up to 16 hours done now, and I'm in the prcoess of trying to get those bigass statues back into their original places.

Damn those statues. I'd giver it more of a go but Ive played 3 hours straight already and I wanted to come on the pc.

Once again I am going to say the cut scenes are beautiful. Just when you finish the water temple....awesome.

I think the boss from the water temple got a bit of inspiration from Shadow of the Colossus.

Just finished Forest Temple. Thought actual boss wasn't that good. But was happy with the whole dungeon and enjoyed the monkey teamwork! Not enjoying the sword controls as much as I thought I would though. Although I am finding shooting much much easier than expected. So one positive and one negative.

Well just did the water temple, on 20 hrs now wasted 4 hours in there, got stuck when I had the boss key couldn't work out how to get the water to the right level, dismissed the second water level changing type room as thought they were the same they looked so similar! then couldn't work out how to get the stairs back to flush the water through, then got to the boss and thought it was very easy, but did look pretty spectacular!

now god damn Midna being a tit has caused problems....

I'm currently in the Lakebed temple and enjoying it quite a lot, definately my favourite water temple from any Zelda so far.

i'm far enough in the game that i think i should be doing a few more side quests (just compleated the 6th dungeon and the heart container i got from the boss was only the first one in the second row.)(plus i only have one bottle)(and only 23 poes)(or wait maybe i have 2 bottles (does the 20 poes give you a new bottle or just give you the liquid in the one you have))

I just completed it, and the ending was ok. I'm glad I've done it, because the last few hours of the game just really wound me up. They weren't particularly difficult, just many little annoyances that built up and made me a very angry chap. To be honest, i am a little disappointed with this game, it's nowhere near as epic as i expected it to be, and the dungeons, whilst original, peaked at the Lakebed temple and went on a slow decline thereafter. It's just not as good as OOT, MM and i'm even tempted to say i preferred Wind Waker. Those games were just magical, and this game lacks that magic.

Seems to me I'm in the same boat as you Sam.

Bit disappointed in the game, definately lacking the magic that was present in OoT, MM and WW. Not as epic as it should have been, many small things that are bugging me throughout. I'm only at dungeon 7 though.

So far I've had one person say the ending was excellent, one person saying that it was rubbish and you saying it was ok.

Any more comments on it? Without any spoilers though please.

Those games were just magical, and this game lacks that magic.

Although I'm only in the 3rd temple, I agree with that.

Still, as a GAME, in relation to all other video games, it's still worth a 10/10 so far.

But in relation to other Zelda's, definately 9 or even... 8.8.

Im finding it magic enough so far. Loving Midinia.

However finding it very linear at the moment. I love MM and WW style exploration but hopefully thats yet to come. Still its magic enough so far for me. It has monkey armies! :yay:

Just completed it. Loved it. Personally I think the ending was just magical, more the end credits than anything else. Little shorter than I would of wanted, and it was a little smaller than I would of prefered as well. Some areas of the game just weren't used to their full extent. I don't know where I would put this as far as rankings go, but I think it was worth the wait. I need to let it all sink in a bit more.

Loving Midinia enough to get her name right though? ;)

Glad to you liked the ending lazyboy

I think it's magical. In a different way to Ocarina of Time, though. I think it's unfair to keep comparing each Zelda game to Ocarina, as every game should be judged on its own merits. The fact we're even comparing this game to Ocarina should mean something!

So far, I'm loving it. I hated the start of the water temple...but I loved it when I finished it. You do get a sense of accomplishment with this game, I feel. Relatively easy boss fight, but my god is it amazing! My mouth did drop during that fight. :)