NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

That's not what I meant. Reading through your posts over the past few months it's painfully clear that the

AWARD FOR DUMBEST/SLOWEST N-EUROPE FORUM MEMBER GOES TO... EMASHER!!!

and what a surprise, he's canadian.

Careful there, you're tredding on thin ice, it's fine to have an opinion but direct sledging isn't tolerated.

That's not what I meant. Reading through your posts over the past few months it's painfully clear that the

AWARD FOR DUMBEST/SLOWEST N-EUROPE FORUM MEMBER GOES TO... EMASHER!!!

and what a surprise, he's canadian.

I actually call them fanboys because they find it impossible to criticise TP even when after the glaring plot holes, and huge drops of quality.

Emasher was talking to me motion2000. ::shrug:

'Tis ok.

Now, lets us all bask in the warm glow of Twilight Princess's glowing glow.

So, uhm, any theories on timeline placement?

If that's alright with the people who haven't played the game yet.

Fine with me.

Well for one thing I want to laugh at the sites who kept reporting how TP would have a bad ending were convinced it was gonna end with the great flood.

It's really hard to place it. First of all, due to the location of the master sword there is a clear connection with alttp. Now, the sages weren't the ones that were awakened in OoT future ending, so they're either descendents that have taken a different form instead of human, or they're the sages that existed before OoT. If they're the descendents, it means it takes place in the future timeline if not it could take place in the past timeline. There is talk of a Hero, but not about a Hero of Time, however they do say that the green vest is the garb the Hero had. So, I suppose that Link got back to the past and together with Zelda they stopped Ganondorf from invading the Golden Realm. A war still took place and Link was considered a Hero, the Gerudos were basically extincted in the war and their blood eventually mixed with Hylian blood (Telma looks Gerudo). The sages locked Ganondorf that didnt get the triforce of power through the sacred realm because Link never took the Master Sword out, but since the power of the godesses transcends time and space the Triforce of Power that the future ganon had was "transfered" to the past one too. That's why the sages say it's like trickery from the gods, he didn't have the Triforce before. Then he was sent to the Twilight Realm and the rest is history. So I would have to say that this game is placed after the past ending of OoT

But it's hard to say for sure, Nintendo likes to play with our minds, also they don't really show what happens to Ganondorf, did he die or what? It's possible. Zelda games are made as legends so some things don't fit and Nintendo likes us to speculate

Wow, what a long and confusing post.

Just read gamefaqs looks like I cheated the water temple. Surely worthy of a high five?

I just finished it today, after about 45 hours or so. I was avoiding this thread like the plague until I finished it, didn't want to spoil anything. I still have to finish a few sidequests, like that crazy cave with all the different levels, I forget what it's called. I definitely enjoyed the game, and I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy it for a while yet. My main complaint would be the difficulty level. Some of the dungeons have a few tricky parts, but the bosses ruined the dungeons for me. After fighting my way through the dungeons and solving some of the headwrecking puzzles, the majority of the bosses were a letdown. Sure they looked pretty amazing, but they were way too easy. Thats probably my main gripe with the game. Despite that, I think my favourite boss was the dragon in the sky temple, that had a real epic feel about it.

Overall though, I am happy with the game.

You know playing the game a second time made me realise something, or at least confirm my earlier thoughts...

The first half of the game (ie. from the beginning up to dungeon 4) is so much better than the second half it's unreal. In quality, quantity of things to do, character and story. The first half is actually very very impressive, it's a shame things go seriously downhill after that, with the exception of a couple of cool items and dungeon designs.

Having not really played the 2d zeldas, I would have to place it as oot/MM (they sorta did take place at the same time since oot was a two part thing so to speak) followed by TP as there are a few clues that tell you it is the same world as that of oot while simply being in the future (visit the fishing hut to see an example) and of course we have WW out in the distant future. I think it would be neat to have a zelda taking place during the flooding of hyrule

:)

I need help!

Where can I buy a shield from? Mine was burnt.

SPOILER:

(The gold wolf won't teach me a new skill without one)

You should be able to buy a Hylian shield from Malo Mart in Kakariko, if not then go to the hot spring on Death Mountain, there's a Goron shop there that sells the wooden one!

I think Malo sells woodeon ones aswell, before some point where he sends a letter saying hes got the shield in stock. I cant rememeber though.

I've at my uncle's house for the past 2 weeks, without my Wii :( i've missed Zelda. I got back yesterday, and played Zelda for 4 hours. I managed to complete the 4th temple, (the boss fight was coooool so is the cut scene). Im stuck now dont no where to go next, help plz.

When you're stuck, Thelma's bar is the place to go. Check the map on the table for a clue where to go. I think it's Sacred Hollow again from here on, but I'm not so sure anymore...

I think Malo sells woodeon ones aswell, before some point where he sends a letter saying hes got the shield in stock. I cant rememeber though.

you get that letter pretty soon after you finish goron mines

*ignores top of page*

From Malos Shop in Kariko from what I can remember. I wanted it but at the time I didnt have enough money I will travel round there when I can.

Oh man and all I can say is the prelude bit to the 4th temple and the temple itself is fantastic. This game keeps getting better and better. :grin:

You know playing the game a second time made me realise something, or at least confirm my earlier thoughts...

The first half of the game (ie. from the beginning up to dungeon 4) is so much better than the second half it's unreal. In quality, quantity of things to do, character and story. The first half is actually very very impressive, it's a shame things go seriously downhill after that, with the exception of a couple of cool items and dungeon designs.

I don't know if it was optional, but I left all the sidequests and collections untill the second half of the game, so I haven't noticed a drop in quality, but the dungeons are certainly much better in the second half.

What a surprise you disagree with me. Ignoring the handful of sidequests the game has for a moment. The amount of stuff to do in the first half beats the second hands down. The overall quality and polish of the game, it's cutscenes and the music is infinitely better in the first half AND the dungeons are bigger, more involved and better thought out.

Play it from the beginning and you'll see what I mean.