NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

My past six or so hours with the game i've just spent exploring and everything (in between 2nd and 3rd Temple). This is how I love to play Zelda, slowly and cherishing everything over weeks rather than days. I want it to last as long as possible, even though I constantly want to play it when I get the chance.

Im in exactly the same place but ive been playing it for over 13 hours now. I take my time and talk to everyone which I dont really need to do :hmm:

Same, and I run around Hyrule field way too much acheiving nothing. Oh well, I'll get more hours out of the game than I should.

16 hours in and I've just finished the Goron Mines.:awesome:

I'm ashamed to ask this, but I'm stuck.

I need to get the last Tear Of Light for the third spirit. However I'ed attempted and died 3 times against the last one, that big bug.

Now I've got it onto it's back in the water, I asked Midna and s/he said to get on it and punish it. What does that mean!?! I see those tentacle things but I've attacked them many times over. The bug just keeps getting up.

I need to get the last Tear Of Light for the third spirit. However I'ed attempted and died 3 times against the last one, that big bug.

Now I've got it onto it's back in the water, I asked Midna and s/he said to get on it and punish it. What does that mean!?! I see those tentacle things but I've attacked them many times over. The bug just keeps getting up.

Target it with the spready outy homing attack you use on the Twilight dudes. You'll maul all the tentacles before they can rise back up and deal out some serious hurt to that guy.

You use B to do that special move on all of them. I was stuck on that for a little while too funny enough. I was trying everything and forgot about that move

Target it with the spready outy homing attack you use on the Twilight dudes. You'll maul all the tentacles before they can rise back up and deal out some serious hurt to that guy.

You use B to do that special move on all of them. I was stuck on that for a little while too funny enough. I was trying everything and forgot about that move

:cry:

I'm so freakin dumb. I totally forgot/didnt even think of using that!

The question we must all be asking is in the next game do we get a chance to go and revisit the former hyrule that was created at the end of OoT and split the timelines.

Right, I'm stuck in the silliest thing. I can't fish. No matter what I do, the fish won't bite my rod. I've got to catch a fish for the depressed shop owner but I can't do it :( Help me, please?

Right, I'm stuck in the silliest thing. I can't fish. No matter what I do, the fish won't bite my rod. I've got to catch a fish for the depressed shop owner but I can't do it :( Help me, please?

Wait for the bait thing to touch the bottom of the screen, then pull up and wave both your arms about (tis what I did), then repeat (you need to do it twice)

The question we must all be asking is in the next game do we get a chance to go and revisit the former hyrule that was created at the end of OoT and split the timelines.

I'd be more interested in learning more about the Zelda timeline if it wasn't a complete fan-speculation-laden mess.

Wait for the bait thing to touch the bottom of the screen, then pull up and wave both your arms about (tis what I did), then repeat (you need to do it twice)

You don't have to wave your arms or anything like that. You just have to point your Wiimote up and wait.

The under water breathin tunic thing is awesome!

It looks so cool on Link/(character name).

Now to go down and do the third temple.

On a side note, the cut scenes in this game are incredible.

On a side note, the cut scenes in this game are incredible.

Yeah, I love the freaky flashback one after killing that bug.

The cutscenes really are wonderful, they have made this game for me. One of the best:

Link is taken back to the Light Spirit after his first bug hunting quest and he is garbed in the green of the Hero of Time. Brilliant, and I know it will stay with me for ages.

Also, Zelda's cutscene where the king of the twilight comes and forces Hyrule to surrender.

It took me 50 hours to beat it and I wasn't exactly rushing. Kinda disappointed in the lack of side quests, but everything else about the game more than makes up for it.

Oh fair enough...but I guess I'm more akin to playing it like Stocka described. Anyway, I guess the reason for that is I'm so anal about it that I refuse to refer to a guide or ask for help...so when I get stuck I just wander around doing the countless amount of things available just to stall...but yeah, I'm 25 hours in exactly at this moment, and I'm trying and failing to catch a reekfish...slow eh? :).

As to your big ass queen bug queries...it's so frickin simple! :heh: I got it first time...oooooh yeaaah...I also managed to do the grove guardians the first time around, I kinda like those little puzzles that you have to sit and think about for a while...like when you're playing as Ashley in Resi 4, there was a little puzzle you had to do to open a door, and my friend took about an hour trying to do it, but all you had to do is 6 or 7 little movements and it's solved...quite well designes, the guardians (infact the whole game), I have to say...

Sand dungeon boss was wierd though, cause it required more of a distant approach...it was such a cool boss that I wanted to beat it up close...

Just completed there. An amazing game but I still think OOT was better. OOT's ending was a lot better imo especially the end boss.

Hehe, no way, OoT wasn't as good as either WW or Lttp, and it definately isn't as good as this...in my opinion.

I think that the cutscenes are amazing too. The best one is probably the one

where Zant comes to Zelda and forces her to surrender. And the moment, when Zelda dropped her sword. Hell, that was stylish scene!

Hehe, no way, OoT wasn't as good as either WW or Lttp, and it definately isn't as good as this...in my opinion.

Are you insane??? WW better than Ocarina of Time??

Bloody hell surely the only person in the world to think so??

Are you insane??? WW better than Ocarina of Time??

Bloody hell surely the only person in the world to think so??

You know that everyone is entitled to his own opinion right?

You have got to be kidding me, i spend all that time gathering the fused shadows when:

Cum teeth Zant comes and nicks them all. And what the hell happened to Zelda?

Hellfire: of course.

Zygo: another small criticism of TP is that there doesn't seem to be much sense of danger in the game. In Oot the future Hyrule was in ruin, everyone had gone into hiding etc... - In MM people were visibly terrified and the time-limit obviously offered a sense of urgency and importance to what you were doing.

I just don't see that with TP. So far Link's been running from dungeon to dungeon collecting things, meanwhile everyone in Castle Town is none the wiser and are going about their every day business. We haven't seen Zant for ages, have no idea what he's planning. You get the feeling that Link could just stand around in castle town for 5 years and nothing bad would happen. No sense that the world is in danger at all.

Then again I'm only up to the before before last dungeon but still!

So I'm in the third temple and wtf. That big circular room!

I'll get it in the end, I'm too tired now to do anymore, I mean nearly 4 hours on the game today.

I dont like how near the end of 'todays accpmplishments' it says others. It woudl be nice to have each game, or maybe instead of splitting up the same game, putting them together.

PS, that chicken flight down to the Lake is awesome, I got to the spinning ledge, expecting at least a piece of heart, but no...100 rupees. Luckily I had just spent under 200 rupees on good earlier.

So I'm in the third temple and wtf. That big circular room!

I'll get it in the end, I'm too tired now to do anymore, I mean nearly 4 hours on the game today.

I dont like how near the end of 'todays accpmplishments' it says others. It woudl be nice to have each game, or maybe instead of splitting up the same game, putting them together.

PS, that chicken flight down to the Lake is awesome, I got to the spinning ledge, expecting at least a piece of heart, but no...100 rupees. Luckily I had just spent under 200 rupees on good earlier.

You seem to be progressing at the same rate. The circular room, just make sure you explore everywhere on the walkways on both floors until you find the chest, you should be well on your way once you get the chest. I loved this dungeon, my favourite so far, and the boss is awesome.

I agree with what Motion says, impending doom seems light years away, but the story makes up for it.

I think that the fact that there's no apparent impending doom just makes the story fresher. It's like FFXII

ah, the lack of feeling of impending doom, that's what i've been trying to put my finger on, i knew there was something missing in the feel but couldn't quite figure out what.

It's there at the start of the game when the kids get kidnapped and such, but yeah your right, towards the end you'd think there was more of a panic in castle town, especially with that force field around the castle, we know they can see it as some characters refer to it, hell their more scared of teh wolf than what might be happening in the castle.

A

I was expecting them to have more of involvment in the game, and when they show up and help towards the end of the final dungeon, i was like, "at last", but then their gone just as quick, i was hoping for at least a wicked cut scene showing them and Link fighting off a load of enemies, that would have rocked