NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Red Steel Thread

Played another mission there after dinner.

The one at the air field, where you begin after stowing away in the back of a lorry. Flip but it was the most difficult one so far, I was glad of the checkpoints anyway, I tell ye that.

Id good fun with the sniper rifle and Id two of the most difficult sword fights yet, the first times that I died from one, eek. There were nice hazy effects throughout the level two and I even promoted myself up from the lowest sensitivity level and back to medium. :hehe:

Im off to Japan now to chase Miyu, my love, a bit further. The things you do for an easy life, eh.

Played another mission there after dinner.

The one at the air field, where you begin after stowing away in the back of a lorry. Flip but it was the most difficult one so far, I was glad of the checkpoints anyway, I tell ye that.

Id good fun with the sniper rifle and Id two of the most difficult sword fights yet, the first times that I died from one, eek. There were nice hazy effects throughout the level two and I even promoted myself up from the lowest sensitivity level and back to medium. :hehe:

Im off to Japan now to chase Miyu, my love, a bit further. The things you do for an easy life, eh.

Yeah, that mission was quite hard. The swordfight against the guy in the brown coat took me ages before I realised that the ONLY way to do it was to break his sword, which takes ages.

fanster, I broke no ones sword, just parried and dodged like a mad-dawg. The most difficult thing about the one before the end was getting cover for the onslaught of bullets that came as soon as Id slain that scum. Actually, I spared him - spared em all so far. Respects Get! :yay:

fanster, I broke no ones sword, just parried and dodged like a mad-dawg. The most difficult thing about the one before the end was getting cover for the onslaught of bullets that came as soon as Id slain that scum. Actually, I spared him - spared em all so far. Respects Get! :yay:

He dodged every one of my swings in 2 hours of trying.

I killed the first few, because I didn't know how to spare them, I only realised a short while ago.

Whats the point of respect? I'm level 10 super ninja pirate samurai (or whatever its called) and I don't really know what it does!?

Tis games technical faults are just sooo annoying! I can't wait till a sequal with online play!

Whats the point of respect? I'm level 10 super ninja pirate samurai (or whatever its called) and I don't really know what it does!?

Tis games technical faults are just sooo annoying! I can't wait till a sequal with online play!

The only thing I'm aware of that it does is fill up the focus bar thing quicker.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever other than a necessity if you're to get a samurai ranking for each and every level thus get 100% in your game file. Its stupid really. They originally said that having respect points would make you more powerful in the end, it doesn't... Unless its used to unlock new moves?? I'm not entirely sure though as I spared every single persons life.

I got this game yesterday and even though I enjoy Red Steel, there are three horrible problems I've found with the single player:

1. Poor enemy AI, even though they nearly always hit you.

2. The game needs polishing, I don't like it when people just dissapear after you defeat them in a sword fight or how objects suddenly appear out of nowhere in the background.

3. Problems with the sensitivity, if there was a setting just between medium and low then the controls would be pretty good.

I got this game yesterday and even though I enjoy Red Steel, there are three horrible problems I've found with the single player:

3. Problems with the sensitivity, if there was a setting just between medium and low then the controls would be pretty good.

Yeah that's the only real problem I have with it. Hopefully when future fps's come out they'll have a much better aiming sensitivity system thing.

1. Poor enemy AI, even though they nearly always hit you.

They seem to miss me quite a lot, unless they are using a sniper rifle...

2. The game needs polishing, I don't like it when people just dissapear after you defeat them in a sword fight or how objects suddenly appear out of nowhere in the background.

It would also be silly to leave them there. What are they going to do? Just site there doing nothing? The whole swordfighting thing does seem a bit random and pointless though, why not just blast their heads of with a gun?

I find that the pointer works better if you sit farther away from the screen.

You think criticising my complaints is suddenly going to make me like the game more?

Red Steel is a pretty average game, here's hoping the sequel will have a lot of improvements to make it a must have game. (I expect it in Q4 2008, heard it here first folks.)

You think criticising my complaints is suddenly going to make me like the game more?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you or anything...

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you or anything...

Don't worry I wasn't offended, I'm just saying you're not really changing my opinion on the game, didn't mean to come off harshly. :smile:

McMad, your dissatisfaction surprises me, except that more choice in sensitivity would be nice. I would like one between medium and high. AI doesn't hit me that much. but I do play well, hiding and moving as I take them out 1 by 1. It might just be that you aren't doing well, rather than game doing badly. Same with bodies/items appearing/disappearing, that has to be a perceptual problem. In fact it's such a trivial point relative to the overall merit of the gameplay, I hadn't even noticed till you pointed it out. Come to think of it, corpses don't pile up in Mario series either.

I'm not defending the game, BTW - Red Steel is not a perfect game by any means. I'm simply boggled by the passage of thought behind the criticism. It seems to me that the "problems" you raise are not problems at the baseline - rather, they are made into problems by your perception.

I had the same problem. It literally took me 20 minutes.

I pressed crouch and jump at the same time while walking forward. I did it completely by accident but it worked!

Hi had this same problem couldn't get through the window. I could here the sword swishing through the air and me sword came up I thought the game was jamming, bloody thing. In a gaming fury I typed in geisha mission red steel into google and you boys blogs came up. I had no choice than to register on this site just to say thankyou!

Thanks lads if I come come across any other probs will know where to come.

Love Tori x

After finishing Zelda I started playing this and have really got into now im used to the controls. Tis an awesome game!

Tis an awesome game!

nope tis is the jaggiest game i ever played, wtf did nintendo skimp on the aa features of the wii.

ThinK long and hard guys u want clear but jaggie gfx get the component cable, else stick with RGB

nope tis is the jaggiest game i ever played, wtf did nintendo skimp on the aa features of the wii.

ThinK long and hard guys u want clear but jaggie gfx get the component cable, else stick with RGB

Don't exaggerate, I don't have an RGB cable even and it isnt't very jaggy. I'm enjoying the game, I got used to the controls quickly, the cutscenes are cool, the musics are awesome and the graphics sometimes are very good other times medium, but they couldnt be done on GC for sure.

I was pretty impressed with the graphics... as for cutscenes... what was wrong with 3D cutscenes? They just seemed really cheap.

Don't exaggerate, I don't have an RGB cable even and it isnt't very jaggy. I'm enjoying the game, I got used to the controls quickly, the cutscenes are cool, the musics are awesome and the graphics sometimes are very good other times medium, but they couldnt be done on GC for sure.

try using the component cable, then u will see what i mean by "jaggy"

try using the component cable, then u will see what i mean by "jaggy"

well I dont have and EDTV so I don't really care :P

And I really like the cutscenes they're very stylish.

This game wasn't all that bad, graphics were reasonable surpassing GC in some areas but inconsistent as was every aspect of the game from the shuffled story progression to the randomness of enemies and swordfights.

Controls are bad, but playable once you got used to them. More finetuning with sensetivity would've enabled controls to each persons liking. I personally would set a sensetivity setting between medium and low. Swordfighting became a chore towards the end of the game and the enemies lacked variety with their attacks.

AI was surprisingly accurate but very stupid. As McMad mentioned, it is silly how things suddenly disappeared, right in front of you, especially spared people after winning a swordfight. How can a person just disappear, the person should've at least walked to another part of the level and then disappeared. Multiplayer is medicore at best, and is merely an afterthought... I would've liked more weapons, more levels [especially in multiplayer] and the ability to see the ending without having to replay the whole game again, I had to beat the game twice to see both endings.

Decent launch title game, I liked it. My rating, two and a half stars equating to 5/10.

There are 4/10 ratings out there, but I won't deliberately give it that just for the sake of doing so.

I think Red Steel deserves some merits for what it tried to do as a launch title exclusive built from the ground up. It wasn't an 'A' game, but it was very involving and albeit frustrating at times, it was a lot of fun getting into some big gun fights.

Gives us something to look forward to in the future.:grin: