NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Demo Pods

I've been glancing through these threads, and i noticed that these pods have started to pop up all over the place.

So, where have they been sighted? You anyone of you actually seen one?

I have yet to come across one. :(

They have one in the new virgin megastore in manchester, you can't play on it though.

Anyone know if there is one in Glasgow city center? Won't be much point playing one now...maybe but still nice to know :heh:

Game in Watford (inside the Harlequin, not in the high street) have a Wii demo pod. It wasn't turned on when I went in today, but the manager told me it would be later on this week when staff were in to demo it for anyone.

Lots of people were showing interest in the unit too, including an over-excited black kid and several teenagers remarking just how small it was. Apparently Wii Sports is the game Nintendo have chosen to showcase the Wii, as this is the one the manager said he'd played on it.

I probably could have bugged him to have a play a game with me since he's a decent guy, but I'm a shy git and it's only Friday when I'll be able to play it for myself. Were this a month ago I'd have been itching for a hold of that slender baton.

Will Gamestation be getting Demo Pods anytime soon?

The Gamestation where i've preordered from is a really, really small store. There's just about room for the DS and 360 demo pods.

Will Gamestation be getting Demo Pods anytime soon?

The Gamestation where i've preordered from is a really, really small store. There's just about room for the DS and 360 demo pods.

When I was in Gamestation on Friday asking about the 360 HD DVD drive, a Nintendo rep was being interrogated by one of the staff with words exchanged like "When will we get our Wii thingy?" and the rep said it was coming in next week.

I guess we can expect demo pods to arrive in most stores this week, although it feels a bit close to launch. Did the 360 pods arrive this close to the launch?

GAME in Leeds City Centre. Due to the lack of controller, everyone was coming up to the screen and pressing it to go on Channels. I didn't know you could play it though if you asked!!!!! :( Anyway, less than four days until I have my own.

hey hey saw a demo pod here in denmark..In a Game shop in the town I work in.. It was hosted by two "ladies"...

far far far from booth babes though.. and I wouldnt go near them if they paid me.. anyway I had a train to catch.. but nice seeing that it has indeed landed

GAME Stockport has one apparently, though i haven't actually seen it. It's going to be usable from Wednesday. I must resist. I have to resist...

i'm avoiding the demo pods... the wii has been spoiled enough... i want it to seem as fresh as is possible

GAME in Leeds City Centre. Due to the lack of controller, everyone was coming up to the screen and pressing it to go on Channels. I didn't know you could play it though if you asked!!!!! :( Anyway, less than four days until I have my own.

Oooo nice, which Game store was it may i ask?

(hopes it is the smaller one, i like it better in there, and its always really quiet)

Oooo nice, which Game store was it may i ask?

(hopes it is the smaller one, i like it better in there, and its always really quiet)

No, the large one. I was surprised at how small the Wii is.

No, the large one. I was surprised at how small the Wii is.

Urgggh, ill still go for a mooch anyway, hopefully i wont get harrassed by the staff like i usually do.

GAME Employee"Orhhhh maann dat is suuuch an orsome game man, seriosuly, like, yeah seriously buy it dude (pause) do yew play world of woooorrcwaft"

Me: "........ (picks up fake phonecall and walks out of shop)"

True story, i only wanted a Remote Control mario kart

I work for an isp and I have to solve issues for warcraft players every year.

Shit, and I thought I took gaming too seriously, most of those guys are subnormal.

They have one in the new virgin megastore in manchester, you can't play on it though.

I was on it yesterday. I was just lucky that they had brought it out. Theres a pic of it that i took in the meaningless post thread i think. Or somewhere.

COD3 was on it, so naturally i knew what to do seen as though id completed it on the 360, i owned at the game. Got used t the controls first then showed everyone how to play.

Then some guy watchign asked, hows the controls. I say its cool, hard to get used to but once ou got it its awesome...I so totally sold the console to that guy.

I was on it yesterday. I was just lucky that they had brought it out. Theres a pic of it that i took in the meaningless post thread i think. Or somewhere.

COD3 was on it, so naturally i knew what to do seen as though id completed it on the 360, i owned at the game. Got used t the controls first then showed everyone how to play.

Then some guy watchign asked, hows the controls. I say its cool, hard to get used to but once ou got it its awesome...I so totally sold the console to that guy.

Excuse me Mr Stefkov, i would like to know where said pictures are. Anybody know? I dont think theyre on meaningless posts btw

i'm avoiding the demo pods... the wii has been spoiled enough... i want it to seem as fresh as is possible

I know. I wouldn't play on it if I could now. I want to experience it in my own home on Friday. I don't even want to see the console for real untill I take it out the box, so I hope my local GAME store don't have one on show!

Wooo no way?

Totally there tomorrow.

'Totally'

My brother saw it yesterday, they won't let anybody play on it though in case they try to steal the controller.

Nevermind... I'll just drool over the display case and make puppy dog eyes at the staff :)

hey hey saw a demo pod here in denmark..In a Game shop in the town I work in.. It was hosted by two "ladies"...

far far far from booth babes though.. and I wouldnt go near them if they paid me.. anyway I had a train to catch.. but nice seeing that it has indeed landed

Where was this? I was in Toys R Us this weekend to try it out. It's great fun! Looking forward to friday :)

Sign in to follow this