Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

No More Heroes

Smiter

Didnt Suda say in the interview with N-Europe that he never intended the blood for the Japanese or European launches?

To be honest I don't think Suda has much say in what countries what version gets released in. I think it's Marvelous that are pulling the strings on this. Not saying this is definitely the case but it seems that way to me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one-liners of Travis fucking own xD (Its just like Anime)

"If i make n 1, will you make with me?" "If challenge was a taste, i would be delicious right now"

LOOOOL

Anyone see IGN's review? Really hammered the game with a 7.8 which is, despite what some will argue, a really damn poor score from a really influential site. Let's hope that they got it wrong and that they don't hamper sales.

IGN has been like that for as far as I can remember. At least the Nintendo channels. Hype a game to death, preview it like it's the second coming of Jesus and then give it a "low" score.

IGN has been like that for as far as I can remember. At least the Nintendo channels. Hype a game to death, preview it like it's the second coming of Jesus and then give it a "low" score.

Thats exactly what i've noticed.

Why they can't just say in there previews, 'it's looking good, but could be much better' or some other negative stuff is beyond me.

They've never been very positive about No More Heroes though.

That's why I hate scores. The game is great gameplay wise, it has style and substance and it's highly addictive. It has tech problems, but the dev themselves never really cared about pop up and wtvr and just focused on the visceral experience of the combat, but IGN felt like they had to knock down the score because of things, that ultimately (at least to me) make very little difference in the game experience.

That leads to people who only read the review score to judge the game solely on the 7.8 and they won't buy it, just because it's not even an 8.

That's why I hate scores. The game is great gameplay wise, it has style and substance and it's highly addictive. It has tech problems, but the dev themselves never really cared about pop up and wtvr and just focused on the visceral experience of the combat, but IGN felt like they had to knock down the score because of things, that ultimately (at least to me) make very little difference in the game experience.

That leads to people who only read the review score to judge the game solely on the 7.8 and they won't buy it, just because it's not even an 8.

I hate to say it, but maybe the game is simply not quite as good as people made it out to be. I kind of hate the selective interpretation (not from you) of the scores, praising them if the scores are high and then simply ignoring (or blaming bad review) them if they're not quite as high as expected.

I mean, yeah, the game looks ace, and I will give it a try definetely, but the reviewers probably have a point.

Argh Noku why oh why did you have to mention some brown nosing bastard... I'm gonna have to quit this thread right now to avoid going on a rant about him...

Whaa? Nobody was talking about this brown nosing bastard you speak of ;)

I hate to say it, but maybe the game is simply not quite as good as people made it out to be. I kind of hate the selective interpretation (not from you) of the scores, praising them if the scores are high and then simply ignoring (or blaming bad review) them if they're not quite as high as expected.

I mean, yeah, the game looks ace, and I will give it a try definetely, but the reviewers probably have a point.

For me, most of the reviews I read seemed reasonable - apart from IGN's and I normally swear by them. I just felt they missed the point of the overworld. It seems to be as though it's just a hub for chilling out in, messing around and stuff in between missions which constitute the real game. All the other review sites seemed to appreciate this apart from IGN.

I'm gonna start having problems with overworlds very soon. And its all my tutors fault. He illustrated to me quite perfectly that there is very little point in having an open world especially if you have relatively linear gameplay. As this has a storyline, I'm guessing that you'll only be able to do the missions in one order.

Damn Sean and his intelligence!

For me, most of the reviews I read seemed reasonable - apart from IGN's and I normally swear by them. I just felt they missed the point of the overworld. It seems to be as though it's just a hub for chilling out in, messing around and stuff in between missions which constitute the real game. All the other review sites seemed to appreciate this apart from IGN.

It does seem as if there are some quite serious issues in the overworld that can affect your enjoyment of the game. It just seems like other reviews were able to put up with it to get to the core gameplay.

That being said, I am going to get the game. EDGE has given it 9/10. Although I often think that EDGE can underrate some games I have never played a game EDGE gave 9/10 without really enjoying it.

I vowed never to buy ANYTHING FROM UBISOFT.

Therefore, I will never own this game unless i can get it second hand.

Does anyone else have such morals?

NEVER FORGET!!

It's not published by Ubi Soft in Europe, but by Rising Star games. Now you have no excuse not to get it, unless you're American. No wait, even if you're American you should get it.

It's not published by Ubi Soft in Europe, but by Rising Star games. Now you have no excuse not to get it, unless you're American. No wait, even if you're American you should get it.

oh thats a relief. I was surprise a non-turd was going ubisofts way.

Matt from IGN has elaborated their problems with the overworld in his blog:

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2008/01/23/77954/

you see my problem with that blog is whilst you may spend p,enty of time in the overworld I don't think it is a key gameplay mechanic, I think if they had wanted to they would have spent more time in making it rich and diverse, in a game that has a satirical strand to it, perhaps this is another example of it?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!