NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

Killer 7 was too twisted for my liking. I couldn't really be bothered to play it much and sold it.

Will I like this I wonder? Doubt I will get it at launch anyway.

Very wise indeed.

And nice to see a release date moving forward for a change, although it would be even nicer if it was the European date. :heh:

You definitely importing then Owen?

Yeah! It makes even more sense to import it now really doesn't it? :)

EchoDesiato is correct, Feb 29th 2007 for Europe. Although that should be moved to an earlier date, but it looks doubtful.

EDIT: VGP have now lowered the price as well! It comes to roughly £28 with shipping!

Why don't all games get earlier release dates and cheaper prices?! :D

Just watched some videos of this and all I can say is wow.

It looks awesome.

Hope I have money for it when it comes out.

Has Europe still been left with the cowardly non-gore version?

Is there any safe way of getting hold of a US version on a UK Wii? If there is any luck in this world, Ubisoft will forget the region locking on the US verson!

Is there any safe way of getting hold of a US version on a UK Wii? If there is any luck in this world, Ubisoft will forget the region locking on the US verson!

Yes.

No.

Still, the blood in the US version looks rather stupid.

Yup, but if you want blood that bad, go kill a pedestrian or something, just to fuel the debate about vide game violence, you know.

The game is a satire of everything in the otaku and gamer culture. No matter what you say the blood should be there.

Wouldn't surprise me if the game had a secret message about violence and the whole relating to video game thing. I mean you get money spewing out of enemies when you kill them. We know how twisted Suda 51 can get with subliminal messages in games. :D

The game is a satire of everything in the otaku and gamer culture. No matter what you say the blood should be there.

nah still not convinced....blood does not make a game.

nah still not convinced....blood does not make a game.

Oh yea? Lets try removing Mario's hat from the next main Mario game. It's comparable to that.

Oh yea? Lets try removing Mario's hat from the next main Mario game. It's comparable to that.

Only that blood is just a little graphical effect in a new game, while Mario's hat is a part of the most famous fictional character in the world's charm.

I wouldn't say the game is only about geeks and otakus. The game is about killers, but it includes giant nods to the geek culture. Which doesn't matter anyway because we don't worship blood. Most of us. I think.

well he could lose his hat in mario 64 and it didnt bother me one bit...

Its not integral to the gameplay, but it is to the style (maybe even to the gameplay, its a hack 'n' slash game, the blood would give more response). Some of you may not care much about it, but others like me think of it as kick in jewels. They could simply put an obscure off/on option in the game that came off as default, the Wii even has parental control there's no excuse for this.

When I look at the European version after the American one, I'm seriously put off by their decision.

well he could lose his hat in mario 64 and it didnt

bother me one bit...

I couldn't play large portions of the game without it, usually I got it right after that monkey/wind stole it.

the blood isnt what bothers me, its the stupidity of it. how is cartoon blood going to turn me into a psycho? its not necicary to take violence from the media. humans are violent, removing the blood is arguably worse then going over the top, at least with blood theres a consiquence to action.

violence dosent make a game, but imagine saving private ryan soilders spewing coins. imagine saw without gore. imagine sin city free from blood. imagine shaun of the dead edited like that, "you got coin on you".

the violence is a part of the style of the game. removing it is like putting bunny rabbit slippers on james bond.

the blood isnt what bothers me, its the stupidity of it. how is cartoon blood going to turn me into a psycho? its not necicary to take violence from the media. humans are violent, removing the blood is arguably worse then going over the top, at least with blood theres a consiquence to action.

violence dosent make a game, but imagine saving private ryan soilders spewing coins. imagine saw without gore. imagine sin city free from blood. imagine shaun of the dead edited like that, "you got coin on you".

the violence is a part of the style of the game. removing it is like putting bunny rabbit slippers on james bond.

James Bond is a good example for a film that doesn't use excessive violence yet well depicts the world it paints.

But thats not way it didnt have blood in Japan it was taken as a design decision, it is very in fitting with whole games style. It was the US version and the publishers there that decided to include blood, if it wasn't in the US version we wouldn't have this issue. I am hardly surprised that they have taken this decision in europe after the problems with Manhunt 2.

Think it's time for a bloodless Europe-friendly re-release of Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

James Bond is a good example for a film that doesn't use excessive violence yet well depicts the world it paints.

Funny how James Bond can get away with shooting someone in the head at point blank range, provided he says a witty one-liner at the time.

But thats not way it didnt have blood in Japan it was taken as a design decision, it is very in fitting with whole games style. It was the US version and the publishers there that decided to include blood, if it wasn't in the US version we wouldn't have this issue. I am hardly surprised that they have taken this decision in europe after the problems with Manhunt 2.

But the version with blood in it was the first version to be shown, and this was before Ubisoft were announced as the publisher. Yes it was a design decision to not have blood in the japanese version, but only because they knew it wouldn't get past the japanese censors.

I had an idea the other day, that maybe they chose the censored version for europe. Not because of the BBFC but maybe to give them a chance to release the game in Germany. If this was the reason, it doesnt seem to make me so angry. At the end of the day England isn't the only country in europe.

Oh and some food for thought, if you had a chance to watch Robocop on either on DVD or the cut to ribbons ITV version. Which would you choose?

Think it's time for a bloodless Europe-friendly re-release of Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Funny how James Bond can get away with shooting someone in the head at point blank range, provided he says a witty one-liner at the time.

That's because he has a license to kill :awesome:

That's because he has a license to kill :awesome:

Besides, I can't really remember any Bond-film with actual gore in it.

Will the NTSC version of the game work over here with FreeLoader?

Besides, I can't really remember any Bond-film with actual gore in it.

Will the NTSC version of the game work over here with FreeLoader?

There is no freeloader for Wii games yet.

And there never will be because of the Wii firmware updates.:(

That's not necessarily true. Nintendo apologized when they realised that a firmware update rendered the latest GC freeloader useless and they never took legal action against the freeloader before, so there's no reason to believe that firmware updates will WILLINGLY disable an eventual freeloader.

might have to get the blood free version for now, instant a wii freeloader is out i'll get the blood inclusive US version.

first time land of the free has lived up to its name.