N-Europe

Shame on you ubisoft

ultrajamie

i'm with ultra jamie on this one.In all fairness YES they supported the console but it was ALL talk and no action.The controls for the first person game in super monkey was better than the controls for the entire red steel game.

I hate this feeling sorry for the developer crap.You are the gamers.If a game is crap it is crap.Ubisoft STILL havent released a worthwhile ds game after all.gt pro series was a port of a horrible gamecube game.monster trucks is a poor mans excite truck.Far cry looks like shit.

The only good one is rayman.

Lets look at EA now.Need for speed and madden.Both try new controls and succeed have decent graphics and quite frankly are good games.There is a reason why you are NOT the biggest publisher/developer yet ubisoft or even the second where you want to be

Top post, they showed great promise, and supporting the Wii was great, but when the games turn out to be shite, then it's no help at all, in fact quite the opposite.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top post, they showed great promise, and supporting the Wii was great, but when the games turn out to be shite, then it's no help at all, in fact quite the opposite.

No, because people buy those games, and that makes nintendo money, which means we get better games in the long run. You can see from the amount of shite on ps2 that it doesn't hurt.

Look, ubisoft should be commended for titles like Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids. They were polished titles, even if Red Steel wasn't exactly to everyone's liking, it was clearly a game which a lot of effort had gone into.

But then it was lined up alongside utter rubbish like GT Pro Series, which let's face it was a N64-esque load of junk. Then there is the debacle over Far Cry, a game which should've been a stunner, a great game with the new Wii controls, and what a stinker.

Personally I'd rather Ubisoft had just witheld these games and made sure they were at least half decent.

You guys gotta remember That Ubisoft were working with the early Dev kits, which were basicly Gamecubes with the Wii-Mote. and diidnt have much time to work on them either.. so they left the graphics and conscentraded on games for launch, since Red-Steel and Rayman were their biggest games, they probably put more people into designing those games

You guys gotta remember That Ubisoft were working with the early Dev kits, which were basicly Gamecubes with the Wii-Mote. and diidnt have much time to work on them either.. so they left the graphics and conscentraded on games for launch, since Red-Steel and Rayman were their biggest games, they probably put more people into designing those games

i would understand that but gt?A port of a really bad gamecube title?there is no excuse for crap like that

Its all about the moo-lah, my friend, nothing but moo-lah!

But i have never seen ea do that for all the grief they get.I'm not against ubisoft.they were never my favourite third party(capcom are) but i thought they decided to flood the wii launch so gamers had little choice and nintendo let them with only having 2 games at lunch.zelda and wii play

What i don't get is the whole 'All talk, no action' claim. Those people are aware it's barely been a month since Wii launches. You'll have to give Ubisoft a year or two if you want to see the big games come out. I mean come on, what were you expecting? ubisoft to bring out 6/7 90%+ games out considering that they had under a year development time on each? Yeah right, get a reality check guys.

What i don't get is the whole 'All talk, no action' claim. Those people are aware it's barely been a month since Wii launches. You'll have to give Ubisoft a year or two if you want to see the big games come out. I mean come on, what were you expecting? ubisoft to bring out 6/7 90%+ games out considering that they had under a year development time on each? Yeah right, get a reality check guys.

what i was expecting is more than 1 quality title from the company that wants to become the biggest publisher in the world.not 90%.hell rayman wasn't 90% but it was still quality.

But i have never seen ea do that for all the grief they get.I'm not against ubisoft.they were never my favourite third party(capcom are) but i thought they decided to flood the wii launch so gamers had little choice and nintendo let them with only having 2 games at lunch.zelda and wii play

Now that is a good point. EA regularly takle a thrashing on boards like this over churning out what people claim to be the same old tired licenses year in year out. But at least they're polished titles, none of them stink to high heaven like GT or Far Cry.

If Ubisoft ever want to even dream about becoming the No1 publisher they've got a long way to go. No one was expecting a load of 90%+ games, but one wouldn't have hurt. And frankly there's no excuse for a load of sub 60% games. All this crap about only having the Gamecube Dev Kits? What - are you sure they didn't have N64 ones, because the crap they've churned out certainly isn't Gamecube standard.

Plus, you're right, Capcom are the best third party around and kick the shit of Ubisoft when it comes to quality games.