N-Europe

Is there any true Golf simulator in development for Wii?

I never played real golf but I feel kind of attracted to it. The big green areas with rivers and waterfalls and trees and all that. There's a sense of peace to it. :)

Anyway, I finally played Wii this weekend at a store. Sadly I only got to play Wii Sports, there was no Zelda. :( But I loved Wii Sports. I tried them all except boxing. Being European of course I thought baseball sucked, but the other 3 were all cool, with bowling and golf being the better ones because of the strategy element involved. I really loved the golf one and it got me craving for a real fully fleshed golf experience and I was wondering if there's anything like that in the works. Anyone know?

I hope the wii mote will be good enough to interpret a good golf swing from just a wild wave of the arm. I play golf a lot and i hope that propper swings are recognised against a friend who doesnt really know how to do it. Itll probably end up being stupid otherwise with people playing it first time and they hit it really far.

Touch golf was pretty bad in my opinion, I mean, how hard is it to move a stylus from the bottom to the the top of a touch screen? There wasnt much in the way of skill. But i hope there is in a wii golf game.

is there golf in the new monkey ball?

This is without a dought the least responsive and by far the worst golf game I have ever played. You tilt the controller to aim your shot(Control feals broken). After you finally get it lined up the actual swing makes no sence whatsoever, as you bring the wiimote up the monkey seems to flail the club randomly. Don't even get me started when it come to putting.

INterview with EA on gamespot said Tiger SSX godfather and one more are coming out first half of next year from EA on Wii!!

Pangya golf may have a cartoony presentation but the actual mechanics sounds awesome, in one playtest they were saying that it DOES understand a proper golf swing (relatively) and that a nongamer friend golfer was awesome at it instantly!!

I think Tiger Woods will be a great game, though I prefer Pangya's style for golf games, as the control is still awesome (if the previews are to be believed). But then I don't like golf in real life. Absolutely love Touch Golf though :)

I hope the wii mote will be good enough to interpret a good golf swing from just a wild wave of the arm. I play golf a lot and i hope that propper swings are recognised against a friend who doesnt really know how to do it.

Hmm.... I think that would make it somewhat hard for someone who never played real golf, probably even impossible, don't you?

But if it were a choice, then it would be great. They could have the standard difficulty settings and one of them (or several) would use those mechanics. It could be the "Professional" setting, or the "Real" setting.

Hmm.... I think that would make it somewhat hard for someone who never played real golf, probably even impossible, don't you?

But if it were a choice, then it would be great. They could have the standard difficulty settings and one of them (or several) would use those mechanics. It could be the "Professional" setting, or the "Real" setting.

Yeah I know these sorts of games are for people who havent really played much before but it would be good if there was a 'Real Mode'.

Im not sure if the Wiimote/wii would be good enough to recognise a good golf swing. It would be very hard to set up a program for it.