N-Europe

Just saw MUSE live.

Dyson

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(. Ah well, I'm already going with at least 3 or 4 mates :D.

are they touring now?! and when i bought RIP in hmv the person at the counter (whos obviously a fan of good metal said they have a new album coming out next year. although i hope it isnt as bad as 'the system has failed'. Thats if he was speaking the truth of course!

Tbh, when it comes to Muse, Ive probably heard their songs millions of times on the radio but just didnt take note of who played them. So their music obviously didnt stand out to me. Cant really comment any further.

To any Megadeth liker:

Do you have the Enhanced Rust in Piece album? If you do then listen to the very beginning of track 10 (youve most likely heard it) it cracks me up every turn. Its called 'My Creation' and the opening line:

"It's Aliiiiive!"

so funny!

are they touring now?! and when i bought RIP in hmv the person at the counter (whos obviously a fan of good metal said they have a new album coming out next year. although i hope it isnt as bad as 'the system has failed'. Thats if he was speaking the truth of course!

Oh awesome dude, you bought it? :D. How'd you like it?

Also, yeah they have an album coming out next year, and the tour hasn't been announced, but with a new album comes a new tour right? So my mates have already made plans :).

I saw them in March 2005 at Academy one, when Mustaine called us "english punks" with a certain amount of disdain and then signed my shirt...well that just made my life complete.

*A solitary tear trickles down eye as he reminisces*

I like symphany of destruction I think thats megadeth?

This is true. I tried learning the solo to that, but it's pretty awkward. Marty Friedman is a guitarist's guitarist if you know what I mean.

The setlist for Sheffield on Saturday was:

1. Take a Bow

2. New Born

3. Butterflies & Hurricanes

4. Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm riff

5. City of Delusion

6. Plug in Baby

7. Forced In (instrumental)

8. Hysteria

9. Soldier's Poem

10. Invincible

11. Supermassive Black Hole

12. Time is Running Out

13. Starlight

14. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:

15. Citizen Erased

16. Bliss (extended)

Encore 2:

17. Hoodoo

18. Knights of Cydonia

it was a brilliant night and made extra special by the fact that it was my first ever concert and there was a mosh pit although it hurt to breath in by the time Citizen Erased came on :(

Tbh, when it comes to Muse, Ive probably heard their songs millions of times on the radio but just didnt take note of who played them. So their music obviously didnt stand out to me. Cant really comment any further.

To any Megadeth liker:

Do you have the Enhanced Rust in Piece album? If you do then listen to the very beginning of track 10 (youve most likely heard it) it cracks me up every turn. Its called 'My Creation' and the opening line:

"It's Aliiiiive!"

so funny!

Nope, I got my good old absolutely perfect unremastered version (which shows just how damn hardcore I am, got it before it went out of print \m/ :heh:). I haven't heard that song funnily enough. I think I'll have to go and purchase the remastered version...

Edit; King Boo...I think we've hijacked this thread :heh:

We should all go to a gig together. Jeff Buckley ftw! What do you mean hes dead?

That's given me an idea involving a guitar, my singing voice, a few Jeff Buckley songs, and Jeff Buckley fans on N-E telling me I can't sing...

Back on topic, wouldn't mind seeing Muse live, seeing live shows on telly doesn't do it for me. :hmm:

Nope, I got my good old absolutely perfect unremastered version (which shows just how damn hardcore I am, got it before it went out of print \m/ :heh:). I haven't heard that song funnily enough. I think I'll have to go and purchase the remastered version...

Edit; King Boo...I think we've hijacked this thread :heh:

yeah, change the title to Megadeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Muse Thread

and i thought youd have the old copy!;)

Haha! just read this on wikipedia

Rust In Peace

Following Mustaine's new found sobriety, Megadeth enlisted lead guitarist Marty Friedman, who had played in Cacophony with Jason Becker, and released a solo album on Shrapnel Records called Dragon's Kiss. Friedman was initially rejected by Mustaine for having multicolored hair, but after undergoing what Mustaine called "Rock Star 101", Friedman officially joined Megadeth in February 1990

and yeah, rust in peace is pretty damn good, but im not sure if i prefer it to Peace sells. Will have to listen to it more.

harribo,

that set list looks great... and Citizen Erased was played! Amazing! I thought it was off the list these days as it hadnt made it as a single. I saw it when they were touring Absolution the other year and it was wonderful, what I wouldnt give for them to play it the next time I see em.

And two encores? Fantastic - an (almost) never ending gig!

Strange - the Tuesday gig had lots of the old mxied in with the new. Hysteria came right after Take a Bow. I had someone who went last night and they say the final song was Take a Bow.

They loved every minute. That said; my Dad went Tuesday and last night, and he said last night was shite in comparison, as the sound quality/acoustics of the room weren't any good. Wembley isn't the best place for it.

Earls Court seems to be more suited.

Im going to Earls Court on the 23rd December to see Maiden.

(who own megadeth and muse)

cant wait to here some of your replies to this. Ok Bard they arent technically as good but i prefer them.

:wink:

Hey i just listened to back in the day from the system has failed and its a quality song!

scratch that, im loving the whole album! this is awesome! if their new album is like this then ill be getting it no doubt!