N-Europe

The Reviews Thread

flameboy

I side with Hellfire and Shino. DCK, you claim that review was not a pile of shit?

I bet you didn't even read it. Hellfire's last post says all. The review makes no sense, end of story.

However, this doesn't matter for shit seeing as the game will still be just as damned awesome. All it is is a bitch for Gamespot as they're bound to lose a lot of readers over this.

EDIT: Also, Flameboy wins the topic,

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post kind pisses me off too. I don't care if you want to seem like a non fanboy and defend the guy, but the truth of matter is that score is ridiculous. Most cources are claiming it is the best Zelda ever, so for a lot of people, the best game ever? So what if the graphics aren't TECHNICALLY as good as 360 games? They're prettier than anything on there, because every spot on the game was made with atention and a good art direction. We all knew this was a GC game, and that should be taking into acount when scoring the game, since what really matters is gameplay.

It didn't evolve the Zelda series? PES6 didnt evolve the PES series, Fifa 07 yadda yadda, GTA:SA yadda yadda. Every sequel is a game with new stuff placed on it, it's basic knowledge. But Nintendo actually made a Zelda with motion controls for sword swiping, aiming

and fishing. I say that's evolving the series. Also, it has a darker tone with a more deep storyline, something that for some was a defect in Zelda. So as far as evolving the series goes, it seems this game evolved more than any other sequel out there usually does. I'm not pissed off or crying over the score, the objective of these forums are for us to speak our minds and I'm speaking mine: on a scale of 1 to 10, giving Twilight Princess 8.8 is retarded. I can confidently say this without play the game. I didn't lose sleep over it and I won't in the near future. I couldn't care less if he scores 9.9 or 5.5, I'm just spending my time discussing a flawed review. But, hey guess what, I must be a fanboy. Wow DCK, you're so cool, you're not attacking the guy, I wanna be just like you.

For once I completely agree with you!

You know, I don't get GS now. Ok, it follows the same formula.

AWESOME.

WHAT THE RUDDY HELL IS WRONG WITH THE FORMULA? I mean, come the hell on. There are NO improvements to be made. When either of these guys come up with a better formula for a Zelda game, I might listen to them without wanting to fire some sort of trigger.

Also, how the hell is motion sensing controls the same..? GS need to hire some new people.:shakehead :horse:

Everybody bashing Geerstman (especially those wishing him to kill himself) are a bunch of retards.

Firstly the fact that you hate him for giving this game under 9 is terrible.

Secondly, and maybe this hasn't come in your fanboyish mind, but maybe he has a point. The graphics are indeed outdated. Those saying the game looks next-gen should really go out and go play an Xbox 360 demopod so you can see how bland the textures in Twilight Princess really look. Take it or not, but Twilight Princess has done near to zero to actually improve the series much, and that can be offputting. Maybe you, as a blind fanboy don't mind as you'll put everything up your ass that has Zelda stickered on it, but normal people may actually care. Except one of you nobody has actually played the game, there's no way you can objectively judge it. And still you get enraged by a score that only says 'Great game' instead of 'Near perfection'. Go to your mommy and cry.

Yeah, Hellfire's post really pissed me off.

i see your point but i will say it again.Any game under 9.0 isn't a classic.So zelda will NOT be a classic game.yeah.......right.Graphics do not make a game.the also said it wasnt innovative and that the controls were dodgy ok

take their gta san andreas review(9.6)for instance.Gta has an appaling lock on system.So the combat sucks therefore controls suck.the camera while driving especially turning corners really sucks.The graphics are some of the worst on ps2 and the fact that it is the 5th game of essentialy the same type of game shows it isnt innovative(but but you can play basketball)

but the gta world is large isn't it?is this why it scored so high because it seems like zelda is in the exact same situation here

What is wrong with the same formula is that it costs £40 more and you know what is coming half the time.

I'm new to Zelda so I'm not emotionally attached, I like the game and have no idea what to expect.

But if I'd been playing since the NES games I would be sick and tired by now.

The games are great first time, and it should be reviewed as a first time game each time.

Thing I don't get.. wasn't Majora's Mask radically different to Ocarina? Why can't they experiment a little.

Great game but GameSpot assumed everyone had been playing since the beginning.

What is wrong with the same formula is that it costs £40 more and you know what is coming half the time.

I'm new to Zelda so I'm not emotionally attached, I like the game and have no idea what to expect.

But if I'd been playing since the NES games I would be sick and tired by now.

The games are great first time, and it should be reviewed as a first time game each time.

Thing I don't get.. wasn't Majora's Mask radically different to Ocarina? Why can't they experiment a little.

Great game but GameSpot assumed everyone had been playing since the beginning.

Zelda has changed as much as a series could possibly change.you see it's not like they are yearly updated.nintendo tends to release sequels once every 4 years.Excluding mario party.

the game twilight is closest to would be OOt.And for gods sake look at the differences

Solitanze get ready to cream your pants...

TP is now on the gamerankings err.. ranking page by default as it has now received 20 votes

click to see its placement > http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

^-- JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED!

:yay: :awesome: :grin::D:laughing::yay: :awesome: :grin::D:laughing::yay: :awesome: :grin::D:laughing::yay: :awesome: :grin::D:laughing::yay: :awesome: :grin::D:laughing::yay: :awesome: :grin::D:laughing:

But... I am still slightly concerned that this game has increased by .3 points:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928234.asp

I will be still monitoring Twilight Princess over the next few months as more review scores come to make sure its average ratio remains at about the 96.5% level. But this was ultimately what I wanted the game to achieve and thus for Nintendo to fulfill their promise about this game being the best Zelda game ever made, my MINIMUM benchmark was for it to get an average ratio of 96.00% and surpass Resident Evil 4, but having it be the second highest rated game of all time was my ultimate dream and for now its been realised until better games come out or more scores of a similar nature to Gamespot are issued by reviewers. I do not expect, nor do I want this game to surpass OOT though.

I was looking forward to this review. It just reinforces what I'd thought all along. I would like to see the option of the traditional control method in games as well as the Wii-mote control. I think it will be quite a while before developers really get to grips with the new control method, and until then things will feel a little off in many 3rd party titles.

I don't see why FPS controls on the Wii can't simply be look/turn with the analogue stick on the nunchuck, move forward and back and side step with the D-Pad and then simply use the pointer to point at you enemies and lock on?

I think it will be extremely hard for developers to get it right when using the Wii-mote to turn by pointing it to the edge of an imaginary bounding box. Just a thought, but that's how i'd design the controls.

(I'd also make then reversible, so you could look/turn with the D-pad and run/side step with the analogue on the nunchuck)

Famitsu Wii review scores in!

Zelda The Twilight Princess (Wii, Nintendo): 9 / 10 / 9 / 10 - (38/40)

Zelda The Twilight Princess (GC, Nintendo): 10 / 10 / 9 / 9 - (38/40)

Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA, Square Enix): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)

Necro-Nesia (Wii, Spike): 8 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (28/40)

Wing Island (Wii, Hudwon): 5 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (22/40)

Kororinpa (Wii, Hudson): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)

SD Gundam: Scad Hammers (Wii, Hudson): 8 / 8 / 9 / 8 - (33/40)

Ennichi no Tatsujin (Wii, Bandai Namco): 7 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (27/40)

Tamagotchi no Pika Pika Daitouryou (Wii, Bandao Namco): 7 / 7 / 7 / 5 - (26/40)

Red Steel (Wii, Ubisoft): 8 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (34/40)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii, Atlus): 8 / 9 / 8 / 7 - (32/40)

Elebits (Wii, Konami): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)

Swing Golf Pangya (Wii, Tecmo): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)

WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii, Nintendo): 8 / 9 / 8 / 9 - (34/40)

Crayon Shin-Chan: Saikyou Kazoku Kasukabe King Wii (Wii, Banpresto): 7 / 8 / 7 / 6 - (28/40)

Nippon Curling Kyoukai Kounin: Minna no Curling DS (NDS, Rocket Company): 7 / 8 / 6 / 8 - (29/40)

Tokyo Friend Pack II DS (NDS, Rocket Company): 6 / 6 / 4 / 6 - (22/40)

Zoids Battle Colosseum (NDS, Takara Tomy): 7 / 6 / 6 / 8 - (27/40)

Futari wa PreCure: Splash Star Panpaka Game de Zekkouchou! (NDS, Bandai Namco): 6 / 5 / 7 / 8 - (26/40)

Tank Beat (NDS, Milestone): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)

They seem to like Redsteel!

oh and take that Gamespot :p yet another Zelda review that makes yours stick out like a sore thumb!

I notice how someone gave the GC TP 10 while the Wii TP 9, and vice versa. That's not right in my opinion, but it doesn't really matter as it evens out.

Anyway, I also want to point out that giving TP 38/40 is ridiculous if you compare it to Nintendogs' 40/40. Or, well, Nintendogs' 40/40 is ridiculous in itself. While a good game, over 35/40 is just wrong.

Ah well, the TP score is great so it's not really a big deal.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=744393

^-- Only gives Twilight Princess 8.5/10 majorly stuffs up average, drops all the way to 96.5%, not happy, in serious threat of dropping out of the top 5 now. Need some more lenient reviewers to score the game 9.5 and above...

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

On a side note, Gamespot are one of the only sites at the moment that are reviewing Virtual Console games and funny enough, they are scoring higher than most Wii launch games.

Heres some reasonable POLL RESULTS:

How do you think this weekend's launches of the Wii and PlayStation 3 went?

Nintendo's looked fun. Sony's looked frightening. (33%) 4,712

Sony's looked fun. Nintendo's looked frightening. (2%) 419

They both pretty much sold-out... I'd call that a success. (20%) 2,866

Once again, first-parties fail to make enough consoles for customers. What up with that? (18%) 2,605

I just beat Gears of War on Hardcore! What was the question again!? (24%) 3,500

Anyway, I also want to point out that giving TP 38/40 is ridiculous if you compare it to Nintendogs' 40/40. Or, well, Nintendogs' 40/40 is ridiculous in itself. While a good game, over 35/40 is just wrong.

I agree with you there. I wonder if the Famitsu really sat there playing the game thinking, 'this is good, but nowhere near as good as Nintendogs'! I'm actually quite surprised that TP scored less than The Wind Waker, too.

The Wind Waker really had two things going for it that made it a stand out title, the graphical style and travelling via sea, it had a greater degree of originality about it, consequently it felt fresh to a lot of people. Twilight Princess though, just breathes OOT upgrade and you see through the screenshots and videos and which is why a lot of people such as the most recent review, posted above feel as though its nothing new...

Unfortunately, this is really the last time Nintendo can make a Zelda game like this on a console before it gets heavily penalised and criticised and the series reputation is damaged.