NEurope
flameboy

The Reviews Thread

IGN-Matt seems to like Monkey Ball quite a lot, i think it's the difficulty in the later levels making people not so much...but since when has Monkey Ball not had near impossible later levels?

IGN-Matt seems to like Monkey Ball quite a lot, i think it's the difficulty in the later levels making people not so much...but since when has Monkey Ball not had near impossible later levels?

I suck arse at games and even I loved the pad smashingly hard later levels. I finished expert mode in Monkey Ball. My greatest gaming achievement...

Never managed to get through it without using a continue though, so never had a go at the Master levels :cry:

I usually take a look at both IGN and Gamespot, with a glance at the reader reviews on Gamefaqs. EGM is total wank.

I suck arse at games and even I loved the pad smashingly hard later levels. I finished expert mode in Monkey Ball. My greatest gaming achievement...

Never managed to get through it without using a continue though, so never had a go at the Master levels :cry:

I'v only got up to the Med difficulty....there's a curvy level stopped me...I'v done it once though, but it was on multiplayer so.... :heh:

EGM gave SMBB a bad score for being hard. :blank:

No wonder Kingdom Hearts 2 scored so highly in EGM then, piss easy, still love it though. :love:

I was wondering when the first reviews were gonna start coming out. But where is Zelda? From what I've seen Excitetruck and Zelda were given out with most of the promotional Wii's.

I just can't see how SMB could get a low score. I expect that average to jump up fairly sharply.

I was wondering when the first reviews were gonna start coming out. But where is Zelda? From what I've seen Excitetruck and Zelda were given out with most of the promotional Wii's.

I just can't see how SMB could get a low score. I expect that average to jump up fairly sharply.

IGN have had Zelda and Exite Truck for a few days now. Where are the reviews???

IGN have had Zelda and Exite Truck for a few days now. Where are the reviews???

didnt think they were reviews just final hands on before launch

Friday as I said in the Zelda's thread 21stCC.

I haven't read that thread yet. Should drowns resistence's 'killer app' 91%. So is there some sort of ND agreement on it or whatever it's called on Zelda?

EVERYONE WHO SAYS MONKEY BALL SUCKS IS AN IDIOT.

I have to agree with you there. The only bad Monkey Ball game is the Adventure one, which strayed from one Monkey Ball really is.

I have to agree with you there. The only bad Monkey Ball game is the Adventure one, which strayed from one Monkey Ball really is.

I personaly avoided Monkey Ball Adventure... i just couldnt understand why they wanted to change the formula that makes the Monkey Ball games great.

yeah i avoided adventure cos it just didnt look like a monkey ball game, the original monkey ball got 88.00% average, the lowest score it got was 70% from play magazine.

I used an action replay just to see those master levels. They look like they were designed by guys who hate human beings. I doubt Monkey Ball Wii is that bad, as it got 84% in NGamer, and they're rarley wrong.

89% is quite high for wii sports, thought it would get more in the 65/70 zone from all the negatives I've read :S

Lance

I used an action replay just to see those master levels. They look like they were designed by guys who hate human beings. I doubt Monkey Ball Wii is that bad, as it got 84% in NGamer, and they're rarley wrong.

I completed it too, it was an absolute bitch. But when I did it I was so happy. I don't know how many 'continues' it took me (once you got over a certain amount of points you got unlimited continues) but I did it in the end. :heh:

You guys should try out Marble Blast Ultra on the Xbox live Arcade. it's pretty much the same as SMB but you control the marble, not the level and you can jump. You can also change the camera angle which makes it much better.

Monkey Ball Wii is just as hard, if not harder.. the problem is the Wii mote is not quite as accurate as using an analog stick.

It takes time to get used to it, and even then you'll find you fall off a lot because your wrist doesn't move that way or a twitch.

But as value for money goes.. Monkey Ball is the winner. It will make your palms sweat, your fist clench and chances are you'll smash up a Wiimote before you get perfection.