NEurope
Coolit

GAME Confirm Whos Getting A Launch Day Wii ! ! !

you can buy a component switcher from play asis for about a tenner.

could you pm me a link to one, or anywhere, thats cheap?

I wouldnt mind one of those. However looking at that gamespot marathon thing, its looking alright and heyre only using he composite cables. I may hold out on the componen cable for now.

Article on CNN money

"It feels to me like Nintendo is going to have between 600,000 and 800,000 units at launch, but it will have enough to keep the flow coming," said Brian Farrell, president and chief executive officer of THQ, which will have four games for the Wii this year. "Nintendo seems to have a good handle on the flow of their goods. With Sony we're getting less information. ... Sony has put out signals that they're not getting as many as they would like. We're not getting the message that the hardware is going to flow smoothly through this holiday season."

Farrell added he expects Nintendo will ship 1.5 million Wiis to the U.S. by the end of the year.

So if Nintendo's "4 million globally by the end of the year" is to be believed, that leaves 2.5 million split between Japan, Europe and Australia.

So no more than 1 million by Xmas in Europe would be my guess!

http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/09/commentary/column_gaming/index.htm

could you pm me a link to one, or anywhere, thats cheap?

I wouldnt mind one of those. However looking at that gamespot marathon thing, its looking alright and heyre only using he composite cables. I may hold out on the componen cable for now.

w.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2q-77-z-49-en-15-component%2B-70-3cb.html

Got the crappy pre order booklet from Game today. I'm not even gonna buy any games from Game (although I might get Zelda) as I'll buy them online or buy them somewhere chepaer.

w.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2q-77-z-49-en-15-component%2B-70-3cb.html

thanks for the link. for £6 its pretty cheap...

im gonna get that when i get some money.

I put my details down for 'interest in pre ordering a Wii' and they said theyd phone, didnt get one and I still havent bothered to go into GAME and put down a preorder when I know they started taking them. Its way too late now though. Is there any shops still taking preorders?

Do you have a GAME loyalty card or anything?

I did indeedy put my pre-order down on 25/09/06 at 13:12 which is the day they started taking them

Not everyone will get a letter - I didn't - but it doesn't mean you won't get one. They might not have been able to read your name/address/loyalty card number etc etc... I rang the store and they said everyone who paid a deposit will get one.

Does anyone actually read these threads before posting - these kind of questions have all been answered before..... :shock:

Not everyone will get a letter - I didn't - but it doesn't mean you won't get one. They might not have been able to read your name/address/loyalty card number etc etc... I rang the store and they said everyone who paid a deposit will get one.

Does anyone actually read these threads before posting - these kind of questions have all been answered before..... :shock:

Yes but you rang your Bristol store, I'm assuming they cannont answer for EVERY Game store in the country... only their own!! So until I hear differently I'll assume the worst!!! :weep:

Yes but you rang your Bristol store, I'm assuming they cannont answer for EVERY Game store in the country... only their own!! So until I hear differently I'll assume the worst!!! :weep:

My point being - Ring your store!!! They all know their allocation now.

It's also Head Office that send the letters so my store can vouch for EVERY store and those were the reasons they gave me and a couple of other people I know who asked.

My point being - Ring your store!!! They all know their allocation now.

Yes, but I keep forgetting!!! :indeed::heh:

Anyone know when those of us who preordered from gameplay and game websites will get word on whats happening?

Anyone know when those of us who preordered from gameplay and game websites will get word on whats happening?

Gameplay know now but there just hanging it out so they can get more orders in.. well thats what i think there doing.

Just been into my Leicester Game to moan about my lack of letter. The bloke who worked there said he hadn't recieved his either!! But he went and got me the 'exciting' pre-order booklet anyway. Also said if I've paid a deposit its as good as mine on launch day!! :bouncy:

Couple of questions though:

Where do you get the Wii card, 'cause it wasn't in my pack. Does it come with the letter?

Also I though you got 15% off with a GC trade in, but the bumpf say and extra 15% for your console before 1st Dec. So how much do you get for a GC trade in... cause anything over £25, and I'll do it!!

Where do you get the Wii card, 'cause it wasn't in my pack. Does it come with the letter?

It was in the letter that you never recieved!

haven't heard anything about games online pr-orders yet, ive emailed them and gotten no reply a couple of times, and no-one instores know anything. sigh, im going to be really annoyed if i dont get one after ordering so early.

I know a guy who works for GAME, and he said that all who pre-ordered should get their Wii. He did also add get there early, so i'm confused. Still, i'm pre-order #24, so i should be fine. I hope.

I didnt get a letter either, but when I asked he said the same. Ima (Obv) be there when they open and wear my Nintendo Hoodie. And possibly T-Shirt underneath! :yay:

Nintendo rep came into today. Apparently the company (and I'd imagine all others) are getting three deliveries between now and xmas (obviously one of them launch).

He also wouldn't give me a Wii mug :( (cause he didn't have any)

haven't heard anything about games online pr-orders yet, ive emailed them and gotten no reply a couple of times, and no-one instores know anything. sigh, im going to be really annoyed if i dont get one after ordering so early.

You're not the only one, fortunately I have a back up order with Woolworths, who I have great confidence in after ordering a 360 from them mid November last year and receiving it on launch day.

"Congratulations! The good news is that you were one of the first customers to have ordered a Wii from GAME.co.uk and we are happy to inform you that we are expecting to receive enough units of Wii from Nintendo, to fulfil your hardware order for launch!

Unfortunately, certain software titles and accessories, such as Wii Play, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and extra controllers are expected to be very limited in stock around launch, and if you ordered such items separately to your bundle we may not be able to fulfil them straight away. We will of course fulfil these orders as fast as we can on a first-come, first-served basis."

I got that this morning, nice to wake up to huge relief of my shoulders. anyway if you have an online pre-order with game email them asap