N-Europe

FireFox 2.0 is Out!!!!!!

CompSci

untitledbj5.jpg

New features include:

* Visual Refresh: Firefox 2's theme and user interface have been updated to improve usability without altering the familiarity of the browsing experience.

* Built-in phishing protection: Phishing Protection warns users when they encounter suspected Web forgeries, and offers to return the user to their home page.

* Improved tabbed browsing: By default, Firefox will open links in new tabs instead of new windows, and each tab will now have a close tab button.

* Inline spell checking: A new built-in spell checker enables users to quickly check the spelling of text entered into Web forms

plus more (check release notes)

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Anyone know how to get rid of the little red "x" on the tabs? They're useless to me as I use middle click to close a tab... they're just in the way. I am loving this new spellchecker though :D (it just pointed out that spellchecker is not a word...)

I wouldn't get anything new by upgrading to FF2, I've got 45 extensions which do more and better things than FF2 in better ways. You can always use SpellBound for FF1.5 for spell checking. I'm using it now.

If I upgraded to FF2, I would only be able to do less things, as about a third of my extensions don't work with FF2. So the only reason for me to upgrade, is for security issues...

Can I change the language of the spellchecker cause I dloaded the portuguese version, so the spellchecker is always annoying me.

Right click on the field you're writing and choose language. I tried the Portuguese version but it was so buggy I turned back to English.

Hi everyone

Im totally new to the world of Firefox, and havent even installed it yet. I have only used IE6 upto now but have heard so many great things about Firefox I decided I want to give it a go.

...So my question is, which version should I go for -1.5 or 2.0? Im a total newbie at this so any advice or pointers to good Firefox info sites etc would be greatly appreciated.

TIA :)

Hi everyone

Im totally new to the world of Firefox, and havent even installed it yet. I have only used IE6 upto now but have heard so many great things about Firefox I decided I want to give it a go.

...So my question is, which version should I go for -1.5 or 2.0? Im a total newbie at this so any advice or pointers to good Firefox info sites etc would be greatly appreciated.

TIA :)

meh just start with v2