NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Not enough Wiis at Launch???

I was recently browsing Gametrailers when I came across some news about the Wii (not in a sexual way :heh:).

http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=3698

http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=3699

Acording to this, EB shops are only getting around 30 Wii's, and they're one of the kings of game retailers in The States.

So...North America is getting the largest slice of pie, at 1M units, meaning Europes getting less (duh). Anyway...surely this means our shops, such as GAME, will have hardly anything to go around.

I was recently browsing Gametrailers when I came across some news about the Wii (not in a sexual way :heh:).

Please don't tell me we are still laughing at the whole Wii/Wee thing.

Considering theres going to be other stores selling these in america, Its gonna be alot higher. America is a huge country so theres tons of gaming stores, many online retailers and etc so they all have to be distributed.

30 on average per shop? Thats pretty much what this country got on average for DS. My GAME had 25 to sell if I recall. And our shipment was about 150,000 - 200,000.

Nintendo will have alot on launch, apparently theres 6 million already produced, or that maybe a lie but wii production is going very well, so im expecting these stores to open for pre-orders again sometime soon, like Nintendo World did in NY.

I think Wiis will be in fairly short supply but I'd expect that Nintendo will be shipping as frequently as possible between the actual release date and Xmas, so getting one will probably be very difficult though not entirely impossible.

Ah well, I couldnt care less about wii shipments. Im in a very comfortable position with the midnight launch and in the first 5 pre-orders at my local store.

I think Wiis will be in fairly short supply but I'd expect that Nintendo will be shipping as frequently as possible between the actual release date and Xmas, so getting one will probably be very difficult though not entirely impossible.

I tend to disagree remember this?

Two million Wii units have already been built, with many, many more to be produced by the year's end...

Nintendo are well on target to meet their expected Wii shipments this year, with 2 million of the consoles already completed in this year's third quarter - according to Alex Guana, a semiconductor analyst.

Guana went on to say that the figure of units produced will be between 7 to 9 million by the end of the year, a significant amount ahead of the Big N's previously announced 6 million unit production goal.

I think there will be enough to meet all preoordered Wii's

Mind you if not I still should be ok - I'm no 9 on my game stores list! :laughing:

If I don't get my Wii on the 8th of December (I don't mind getting it before :P), heads will roll.

If I don't get my Wii on the 8th of December (I don't mind getting it before :P), heads will roll.

If I don't get one on the 8th I will go on a kiling spree :heh:

Well, lets just wait and see what NOE say about our units. No point worrying about another continent just yet.

We'll find out on the 19th, when Nintendo have the retailer-event-thing.

Shadow, I better be in front of you in the list, because I ordered before you but you have a lower number!!!! I will have absolutely no qualms about telling GameStation about this on midnight if they give you one and don't give me one btw. The time you bought it is on the receipt btw. :heh:

I doubt there will be any shortage, this is one thing that no one can argue that Nintendo will get wrong. They have already stated they have plentiful supplies.

There will be no shortage, the 360 was in much shorter supply and I managed to get one at launch fine when ordering only a couple of weeks before launch.

We'll find out on the 19th, when Nintendo have the retailer-event-thing.

Shadow, I better be in front of you in the list, because I ordered before you but you have a lower number!!!! I will have absolutely no qualms about telling GameStation about this on midnight if they give you one and don't give me one btw. The time you bought it is on the receipt btw. :heh:

Assuming that,I wouldn't let it happen >.< Anyway I really don't see how your 19th maybe it's 9th or they got it wrong cause they're definently wasn't more than 10 pre-orders at the time.What time did you pre-order at.

The only way there will be a shortage is if it sells like hot-cakes-with-free-platinum-4m-by-4m-blocks-included-for-buy-1-get-400-for-free-at-12p-each.

Nintendo will make enough.

Unless, of course, sony do some sabotaging...

Friendly reminder: Yes, it's true that EBGames is important game retailer in USA, but still most consoles and games in USA* are sold via major retail chains like Wal-Mart and Toys'r'Us. These chains probably get more units than retailers whose main focus is games.

* Same really goes also for rest of the world.

Nintendo have to keep the Wii consoles flowing into all territories soon after launch. There must not be any shortages, they need to capture as many frustrated PS3 potential buyers as they can.

I just thought that I would let you guys know thqat the gamestop that I preorderd at only had 20 system pre-orders for launch. But seriously if I think about it there are 3 gamestops 2 eb games, 2 bestbuys, a taget, walmart, super target, and a gamecrazy. That at minimum is 220 systems in my town. Then again bestbuy and such always have more so lets just up it to 260 systems for Coon Rapids Minnesota, a suberb of Minneapolis.