N-Europe

Heatseeker

Dante

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think those new images don't look too bad actually. Compare this sky:

to this one...

LOL, even Pilotwings 64 looks better than this crap (W.I.)

Don't ou realise its all about gameplay not graphics.

LOL

Nah I know what you mean but HeatSeeker looks like it could of produced those visuls on the cube. I want better graphic considering the wii is supposed to be 2-3 times as powerful as the gc.

Not another one of those arguments?

I know it's all about graphics. Let's look at it this way...

Heetseeker with fantastic gameplay + shit graphics.

Heetseeker same fantastic gameplay + amazing graphics.

Which would you choose?

Graphics enhance a agame, I'm not saying Wing Island will be crap because of the visuals (although they're SO bad I'm tempted). Graphics are an integral part to gaming, just as sound, replay-value etc... are.

Not another one of those arguments?

I know it's all about graphics. Let's look at it this way...

Heetseeker with fantastic gameplay + shit graphics.

Heetseeker same fantastic gameplay + amazing graphics.

Which would you choose?

Graphics enhance a agame, I'm not Wing Island will be crap because of the visuals (although I'm tempted). Graphics are an integral part to gaming, just as sound, replay-value etc... are.

Amen to that brother

What just came to my mind:

Wouldn't it be great to have an actual joystick for these kind of games, or that you could hold the Wiimote like one? I think it would add a lot to the atmosphere.

This is what I've been wanting from a flight game on Wii!

Controlling like you would an actual fighter jet (albeit with a few less switches and what not! haha!), having dog-fights online against each other!

What just came to my mind:

Wouldn't it be great to have an actual joystick for these kind of games, or that you could hold the Wiimote like one? I think it would add a lot to the atmosphere.

I once saw a 3rd party prototype somwhere. Or maybe it was a mock up, who knows.

am i the only person who thinks those screens look rather nice(not the wing island one)

No, I'm also rather positively surprised by these graphics, and they are from the PS2 Version right?

Now what would be really neat if they actually went the extra mile and did the clouds with volumentric fog, after all the GC could do that with little performance hit and I think this would make for an awesome feeling.

Indeed. This game does look nice graphically. If you think otherwise, then its your eyes that are the problem

No offence but most hardcore gamers have been living in the era of HD. And this game will suck because a) its a port b) looks comparable to one of the titles to come out on the GC mid stream.

Now what would be really neat if they actually went the extra mile and did the clouds with volumentric fog, after all the GC could do that with little performance hit and I think this would make for an awesome feeling.

Here is what team has to say about Wii version.

RG: It’s known that the Wii version shows better modelled planes. Which other graphical improvements have been included compared to the PS2 version?

AW: Because the Wii’s just got more power under the hood, we were able to improve the explosions, the missile trails, the clouds, we added better water effects –you can see the crest of the wave when you fly really low-… and then you get also a better resolution of the planes, and have been added self-shadowing. But not just that. We also then looked to the colour palette that we use: the Wii, coming from Nintendo, has got a really rich -lush, you know- colour spin. We wanted brilliant skies, that wonderful seas in the Caribbean. It’s a fairly saturated game, it’s more colourful, more appealing, just more striking to the eye.

Interview is from yesterday, courtesy of Revogamers. http://www.revogamers.net/article.php?articleId=90&page=4

No offence but most hardcore gamers have been living in the era of HD. And this game will suck because a) its a port b) looks comparable to one of the titles to come out on the GC mid stream.

Well, luckily I don't have and HD TV, so I guess this game will be awesome for me :D.

Well, luckily I don't have and HD TV, so I guess this game will be awesome for me :D.

I'm pretty much insulted when every 16-18 years old kid thinks he is somewhat "hardcore" because he plays FPSs and GTA's, and has spent 800 euros to new television set. When I was young, hardcore player meant player who loved games and was willing to put time to their games instead of playing easily digestiable shit. We loved games and couldn't give flying fuck about was the game "kiddie" or "mature" so long as it was good. Hardcore is thse days just cheap marketing term that is pretty much redunant.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!