NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darthbane2k

2GB Wii SD Memory only £18.71 (ex vat)

£22 inc vat.

Still a good deal though, I remember the days when a 256mb card cost you about £30.....

A good site for SD Cards is MOBYMEMORY. £12 for 1gb and about £22 for 2gb. Amazon also got some good deals at the moment too.

I reckon by the time the Wii comes out tho they'll be even cheaper so probably best to hang on a bit....

They are some good deals compared to the psp memory sticks.

I think it was about £40 for 512mb las time I checked but, that was a while ago.

2 months early imho.. nothing wrong with being a scout, being prepared and all that. but the system comes with 512mb on board.. and to be blunt we have no way of quantifying how quickly the system will fill up.

There's not a huge amount of games available at launch and I'm guessing their save files will all be very small.. and there's not much downloadable content either.

Personally I'd rather spend £18 on downloadable content to store on my Wii than spend it on a 2gb card which might never get filled up.

This is coming from someone who already has 256mb from my digital camera to use though for backups and storing photos.

I really don't think there will be that much downloadable content you actually want and can afford.

It's a good idea if you're one of these rich people that ends up with a collection of over 100 games by the end of two years.

Yeah but my point is, for all we know save files on average could be 100kb, thus 100 games results in 10mb roughly of storage..

And who has time to play a game every 3 days? Let alone afford one.

I think the SD port is mainly for photos, videos and importing content into the Wii. Not so much for saving content and backing it up.

One features I'm really hoping for is custom soundtracks like in the xbox games.. put some mp3s on an SD card, plug it in and play randomly in game.

Yeah but my point is, for all we know save files on average could be 100kb, thus 100 games results in 10mb roughly of storage..

And who has time to play a game every 3 days? Let alone afford one.

I think the SD port is mainly for photos, videos and importing content into the Wii. Not so much for saving content and backing it up.

One features I'm really hoping for is custom soundtracks like in the xbox games.. put some mp3s on an SD card, plug it in and play randomly in game.

Good point but, you know most games will probably be over 100kb.

Plus what about people who want to download N64 games. Some of them are 30mb.

I'll buy an SD card when my Wii memory is actually full. When that happens, I can get 8 GB for that price :smile:

Buying it now is a bit ridiculous as you don't need it yet.

I'll buy an SD card when my Wii memory is actually. When that happens, I can get 8 GB for that price :smile:

I very much doubt you will be able to get an 8gb SD card at that price in 2 months time , market prices wont change that much between now and when wii launches.

£21 for 2GB SD is a great deal - especially as the normal current price for memory of this capacity is around £35-£40.

Buying it now is a bit ridiculous as you don't need it yet.

My Pocket PC and Digital camera say hi.

Why don't y'all go to Maplin or something and get a 250gig external HDD for about £60 more than that or something along those lines.I got mine in a sale a while ago, they'll probably be down in price a bi since then, but m 250gig HDD cost me £80. That'll get me quite a few N64 gamesw hen the time comes.

Why don't y'all go to Maplin

Because they don't like getting ripped off by Maplin and their extortionate prices.

Why don't y'all go to Maplin or something and get a 250gig external HDD for about £60 more than that or something along those lines.I got mine in a sale a while ago, they'll probably be down in price a bi since then, but m 250gig HDD cost me £80. That'll get me quite a few N64 gamesw hen the time comes.

Perrin Kaplin confirmed that they don't work with the Wii a few weeks back.

I'll purchase them if thers a way to tranfer stuff from on built memory to sd cards that means you could have loads of vc games on only a few sd cards.

But I'll wait I know when the psp got releashed, i believe it was amazon doing a deal where you could buy a game and a memory stick and you got the memory stick half priced. You never know it may end up being the other way around, with the wii of course

Perrin Kaplin confirmed that they don't work with the Wii a few weeks back.

........:( I must have missed that info then.

Oh well. It seems i will have to buy one after all.

I agree with DCK, by the time I actually need one, could be over 1 years time, they will be much cheaper. I'll wait untill my wii is almost full then order.

I would have thought 512MB of internal flash would be plenty anyway. Aren't n64 games 32MB? So it would take 16 n64 games to fill it. I can't see anyone downloading that many (in the first year anyway).

Most things dont seem to use anything over 2GB, my drum teacher's synth pad doesn't see his 2gb card, it only uses 1gb of it

Im actually checking out 4GB SD Cards at the moment. Their prices should gradually keep falling, in time for Wii's launch.

I think you're gonna have to get a SD card if you wanna take your game saves to your friends house.... Internal Flash Memory won't travel with you unless you take the Wii too.... :shakehead

That deals crap really i just got this off Ebay, it came to £24.95 with Shipping and postal insurance.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SanDisk-2GB-Ultra-II-Secure-Digital-SD-2-GB-card-2G_W0QQitemZ140035869230QQihZ004QQcategoryZ18871QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

look how much Jessops are doing them for as well...

http://www.jessops.com/Store/s29137/1-270-1037/Home/Memory-Cards/Secure-Digital-(SD)/Sandisk/2GB-Ultra-II-SD-Card/details.aspx

Sign in to follow this