NEurope
flameboy

Should Nintendo be worried?

Xbox 360 Bundled Into Back Seat

Microsoft unveils Xbox 360/PGR3 bundle for UK from September 22, plus take on Bizarre Creations.

by Matt Wales

UK, September 21, 2006 - Microsoft has revealed that UK punters will be able pick up a brand new Xbox 360 bundle, available in stores from September 22.

Alongside the console itself, the bundle is set to include a copy of Bizarre Creations' Project Gotham 3 and - in a fit of massive generosity - an additional wireless controller.

Stephen McGill, head of marketing Xbox and games comments that, "Project Gotham Racing 3 is such a popular game and a great first title for the Xbox 360. Not only can you experience the seriously impressive graphics for yourself but now we're bundling this game with the console and an extra controller, so you can take on your friends too. This will make a lot of gamers in the UK happy this Christmas."

Even more likely to get your festive bells a-jingling, the new bundle will set you back a mere £299.99 when it hits shelves tomorrow.

In other PGR3 news, Microsoft has announced that 360 owners will have another chance to take on Bizarre Creations at its own game, as part of the company's free Xbox Live week, running from September 20 to 29.

Over the course of the week, all 360 owners will be granted the benefits of an Xbox Live Gold account, for the princely sum of bugger all, simply by whacking an active broadband cable into the back of their machine.

To be in with a chance of racing against Bizarre's Alan Mealor and Chris Pickford, art lead and associate producer respectively, fire off an email to Microsoft, stating your name, age, location, email address and gamer tag. Winner will be sent an email outlining full competition details by September 25.

taken from ign.com

Well we got it all in at work (hmv) today, microsoft look more than able to plug the gap left by the PS3 delay, we got tons of consoles in today.

with a bundle that is

Xbox 360 Premium Pack

PGR3

Table Tennis

Extra Wireless Controller

£299.99

also starting another bundle soon which is:

Xbox 360 Premium Pack

PGR3

Table Tennis

Ninety Nine Nights

Just Cause

all for just £350! I have to say I'm sorely tempted, and so might be some parents if this is a sign of things to come. I mean regardless of the games (N3 doesnt seem to be that great from what I've heard.) alot of parents may be taken in by this and other deals. you getting just cause a brand new release plus N3 thats not been out that long. plus two of arguably the best games on the system!

If I was so commited to get a Wii I would be sat playing on a 360 now I tell ya!

There's nothing they can do about this, it's only natural that MS makes things like this.

If I was so commited to get a Wii I would be sat playing on a 360 now I tell ya!

That Microsoft is bundling games for christmas period isn't anything surprising. But is this HMV exclusive? I mean that I have seen that other stores have different bundles.

hmmm well I guess Nintendo have planned for this and will do the same as the Gamecube before launch and cut the price!

Well I can hope can't I?

:bowdown:

The deals will only get sweeter leading up to christmas. I think I might abandon nintendo, if this price cut does not come.

Rough comparison

Wii £180 ish

Extra contller complete £40 ish

two average games £60 ish

total £280 ish ->£305@RRP

vs 360 premium bundle, extra controller, 2 games @£300

+ there are plenty of budget or import X360 games now for about £20 online

(Also 10% discount for opening a store card on both deals)

So gamecube Zelda.

Pro Evolution Xbox.

Why do i want a wii again?

That Microsoft is bundling games for christmas period isn't anything surprising. But is this HMV exclusive? I mean that I have seen that other stores have different bundles.

I wasn't asking if it was surprising! I was saying should Nintendo worry.

the bundles are exclusive to HMV. but threre is:

Xbox 360 Premium Pack

PGR3

which is actually a Microsoft bundle. hmv have just added to these bundles with thier own supplier deals.

ps cookyman we can only live in hope!

Rough comparison

Wii £180 ish

Extra contller complete £40 ish

two average games £60 ish

total £280 ish ->£305@RRP

Why would they make the price of the bundle more than the individuals. The price for that bundle will probably be between £259.99 and £269.99

Why would they make the price of the bundle more than the individuals. The price for that bundle will probably be between £259.99 and £269.99

I was just making a comparison. I was not even using rrp prices. I already added a generous discount already if look. (games could be £39.99rrp and wimote £45)

There will be no decent wii bundles if the wii shortage is to be expected. Infact there will probably be some really bad bundle where they force you to buy 4 crap games at near full price. (see x360 release)

Yes, Nintendo should be shitting themselves.

Why? For chain exclusive bundle that is for only limited time and in limited quanties? Seriously, launch will go fine as it always goes. That won't be problem. Keeping sales steady after christmas... well, that will be challenge. ::shrug:

Why? For chain exclusive bundle that is for only limited time and in limited quanties? Seriously, launch will go fine as it always goes. That won't be problem. Keeping sales steady after christmas... well, that will be challenge. ::shrug:

*Watches amusedly as someone else takes dabookerman seriously* :wink:

We're assuming too early again, i've never known a console to launch without a bundle going out promoted by the retailer. Lets wait and find out first whats been planned then see if we're better off with the wii.

We got five of these packs in at work (the controller and PGR come together for £20, and then you just sell a Premium system), so I doubt stocks will be plentiful.

Similar bundles with Gears of War and Pro Evo will also be coming out.

Do you know this as a fact?

It sounds very likely. Hope so, anyway.

Nintendo should be slightly worried; but you have to remember that you can get nearly the same offer with the Wii without bundles.

We got five of these packs in at work (the controller and PGR come together for £20, and then you just sell a Premium system), so I doubt stocks will be plentiful.

O RLY??? gears of war bundle for £300?

I admit I would consider one of those bundles IF I had a TV capable of HD or progressive scan (heard bad things about X360 games in SD).

Premium with two games and two controllers for £300 sounds nice. :)

Of course, my first choice is still the Wii.

I'd have to argue that point. my store doesn't exactly sell many xbox 360's. (not got a big games department and for a small town got alot of places that sell games)and i reckon we got atleast 12-15 of the PGR 3 and wireless packs. didnt see how many consoles, but it makes sense that we have atleast as many consoles as you aren't allowed to sell the packs sepearlty.

I've seen some of the Gears of War marketing campaign, it's apparently the most expensive campaign in gaming history, bigger than Halo 2.

We've got to hope they don't do a GoW bundle last minute, because I honestly believe both Sony and Nintendo will be in the shit.

I'd have to argue that point. my store doesn't exactly sell many xbox 360's. (not got a big games department and for a small town got alot of places that sell games)and i reckon we got atleast 12-15 of the PGR 3 and wireless packs. didnt see how many consoles, but it makes sense that we have atleast as many consoles as you aren't allowed to sell the packs sepearlty.

"Makes sense"...Game? These are the people who at Christmas sent us about 80 Xboxs (original) for no real reason, took us til like April to shift them, and that was even with the £80 thing.

I suppose it could be down to allocation, or maybe its per region basis. Either way, they seem to hate us. We are a hardware store, but never get send any.

Do you know this as a fact?

It sounds very likely. Hope so, anyway.

Yes, I do know this as a fact.

O RLY??? gears of war bundle for £300?

Yes you big owl, RLY.

"Makes sense"...Game? These are the people who at Christmas sent us about 80 Xboxs (original) for no real reason, took us til like April to shift them, and that was even with the £80 thing.

I work at hmv! its slightly different why would they send you only 5 machines and then 20 PGR 3 and controller packs! that would mean leaving 15 of them lying around until you got some more in, surely that wouldn't happen, its a waste of money and leaves way to much tied up in stock which you physically cannot sell, at least with the 80 xboxes you got sent you could technically sell them (if any wanted them!)